Dustin Byfuglien - Part III

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yup, he's playing better than last year but still takes too many penalties - especially for a guy that wear an "A".
He gets lazy every once in a while . . .
I don't know , i think refs target him more , maybe because when he hits someone they go down . It's kind of a catch 22 , refs know he is getting called for lots of penalties so he gets watched more . Anyway i think he is playing well so far this season and i wouldn't want him on any other team except ours .

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The thing that I love about Buff this year is that he is still doing the little things he does well, but has managed to be much better at risk assessment and decision making based on that.

Someone said it's because we have trailed a lot less and that may be true. Less minutes help too.

I think he's a bit overpaid for what he does now but I'd prefer this Buff over the extremely high event Buff we've seen in the past. Now if he could only get meaner in front of the net, and not lose his man in those situations as much he'd be exactly what this team needs back there.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Don’t like the Rover Buff as much as the stay home Buff
Jets can win without Buff carrying the puck all the time
Buff’s big asssst is using his size to get opponents off the puck

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The best situation for Buff is for him to be able to just play his game within the structure of the team, without having to also play others peoples games as well, because they aren't.

This team is playing so much better collectively, that makes Buff more valuable.

Reactions: Festinator

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Compared to last season's reckless bad Buff, this current Buff is awesome! If needed he is the bulldozer and opposing teams sure take a note when he is on ice. You just can't dingle near the boards when in back of Your head You know that behemoth of a man called Buff might be targeting You for a hit.
I really hope he will get goals soon. He deserves that. Hell, I must admit I've became a Buff fan! :thumbu:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Once he pots one, I think you will see the largest reaction ever by the Jets bench and we’ll see how loved he is by the team...hopefully it’s in a winning cause!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The thing that I love about Buff this year is that he is still doing the little things he does well, but has managed to be much better at risk assessment and decision making based on that.

Someone said it's because we have trailed a lot less and that may be true. Less minutes help too.

I think he's a bit overpaid for what he does now but I'd prefer this Buff over the extremely high event Buff we've seen in the past. Now if he could only get meaner in front of the net, and not lose his man in those situations as much he'd be exactly what this team needs back there.

You have always kept an open mind on Buff which is refreshing. You may call him out allot but you are one of the first to heap praise on him when he plays well. I do think Buff is at his worst when we are down by 2 or 3 goals and he starts trying to win the game himself. Its not the only time he blunders but its when he tries to do too much. I really do think that its best to keep his minutes down.

Reactions: Jet and Eyeseeing

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Buff is our best defenseman, and one of the most dominant players the Jet's have. There is a big advantage having a big bruising D-Man back there when opposing players are entering our zone. They are "very cautious" and don't want to be wallpapered to the boards, and match the other adds.

Some people are down on Buff, but he's a great skater, big hitter, and scores a lot of points, and a real team player. You can already notice a big hole on the right side, when he is out--it does take away some offensive threat from the backside.

He's worth the money the Jet's pay him-IMO.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Buff had way too much minutes last year, the closer to 30min he got the worse he looked - and the worst part about it was he usually looked the most gassed when he would've needed to rush back to own end after making a boneheaded offensive play. I'm still not a huge fan of him but he has been considerably better this year. Maybe it really is about Jets being more ahead. I also have to say that despite often not liking Buff much on the PP, having Trouba take his place I'm starting to miss Buff. Also having healthy Myers + the addition of Kulikov have helped a lot with depth. Hopefully both Enström and Buff get back soon. It's not looking like the disaster of last year, but I'm sure the Jets would be better with both in the lineup.

Reactions: GNP

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think the single biggest improvement in Buff's game lately is not having Ondrej Pavelec level goaltending behind him. ;)
I heartily disagree. Sure its made our entire D corps look better, BUT it's Buff's decision making that is so much better this year.

I think where better goaltending 'makes him look better' is that though he still remains fairly soft on players (or should I say unaware) around our net, we're getting scored on less on these chances.

I have always tried to judge players on the way they are playing, not the result. That is why I was really happy with the game last night - I thought the Jets were fantastic, though we lost.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You have always kept an open mind on Buff which is refreshing. You may call him out allot but you are one of the first to heap praise on him when he plays well. I do think Buff is at his worst when we are down by 2 or 3 goals and he starts trying to win the game himself. Its not the only time he blunders but its when he tries to do too much. I really do think that its best to keep his minutes down.
Thanks man, I appreciate that! I never want to straight up hate on a Jet, no matter who they are. I want all of them to succeed because that means we succeed! :)

It's been pretty frustrating for me at times here because people accuse me of just blindly hating on him.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Buff is definitely having a better year but it’s still very frustrating watching him glide around in the d zone while his man gets into a good scoring position. I’m happy he’s excepted a more stay at home role but with a little bit more effort and attention he could really shoot up the dmen rankings.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Please be ready to play now Buff , i like our Jets so much more when Big Buff is in the lineup .

Reactions: FFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad