Dustin Byfuglien - Part III

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It would be interesting to explain Buff to the other teams fans. This what I imagine it would look like. So whose your top paid D? Buff. So he may be the best defensive guy. You know the guy that plays against Connor McDavid or Stamkos to shut them down, right? While, no that's Trouba and Morissey. But he is pretty good offensively. So then he must have a boatload of points and have way more than all the other D on the team? While no, Myers is probably leading the team in goals and Morrissey as many points as him, without the powerplay time. Okay, well then what are you paying him for? Well he's extremely loyal and has been with the team for a really long time. Plus he is really good at delivering big hits and fans really like him.
Give me a break , your right we should just release him , lord knows no team would trade anything for him , and just go with Charoit instead .:shakehead

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
It would be interesting to explain Buff to the other teams fans. This what I imagine it would look like. So whose your top paid D? Buff. So he may be the best defensive guy. You know the guy that plays against Connor McDavid or Stamkos to shut them down, right? While, no that's Trouba and Morissey. But he is pretty good offensively. So then he must have a boatload of points and have way more than all the other D on the team? While no, Myers is probably leading the team in goals and Morrissey as many points as him, without the powerplay time. Okay, well then what are you paying him for? Well he's extremely loyal and has been with the team for a really long time. Plus he is really good at delivering big hits and fans really like him.

Buff is a special player, I don't know if you ever fanned a team who was playing against Jets in previous years. Buff is that player who puts you thinking twice and makes everything little bit more difficult, just by being Buff. Thrust me no one has to explain anything to anyone :laugh:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
During injury of "what the buff" Jets have made huge steps forward as a team. Right now they are Stanley cup contender for the year 2018. Everything will change as soon as "looking for his first goal of the season" comes back.

Here is forecast after return:

Number one power play won't have success getting puck to offensive zone and will have problem getting power play working and settled down.

Defensive zone Jets will have times when it seems that everybody is late from puck and everybody is unsure of who to cover, except one guy who have no worries while he is surfing around.

First, second, third and fourth line will have problems in offensive zone with trying to keep forecheck going, because they cant do it as three man unit with support of two defenseman because one guy decides to take over the situation.

Jets won't be team that can win with just scoring 1-2 goals.

In neutral zone forwards cant be aggressive, because they have to look for covering "the guy" who have had an idea.

He wont score one handed wrap around, but he will try.

He is best man in NHL pointing the puck when it out of play.

Jets will lose in playoffs because of him. In playoffs teams that can avoid mistakes will win. #33 middle name is mistake.
Someone has not watched one game this year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
As someone on our board once said , this is what happens when you watch the game on the radio . :laugh:
I only look at box scores to form my opinion, in fact sometimes I only use the +- stat. Furthermore, I add the PIMS column to solidify my stance. Lastly, I read the other team's PGT after a game and then I know everything that happened :popcorn:

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Jets is better team without Buff. Once again he cost win for us, without playing defense on OT. Also his game was really poor all the way, didn't pass the puck at all. I know most of you thinks that Big B is better than Myers but name me one think he does better?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Jets is better team without Buff. Once again he cost win for us, without playing defense on OT. Also his game was really poor all the way, didn't pass the puck at all. I know most of you thinks that Big B is better than Myers but name me one think he does better?
Attracting unwarranted criticism.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

Unwarranted? No way. He could play way better hockey simply moving the puck soon as he gets it. But he doesn't do it because he is Big B who loves to play one-man show. It looks nice, but those moves doesn't lead anything else than turnover most of times. Myers plays team game and makes way faster decisions with puck.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Actually Myers is much better on this one.

But it's true that Buff gets still a lot of crap that is mostly based on his last season and not relevant anymore, unless we are talking about just a couple of (really) bad games he has had (early) this season.

For last game alone, there were two much worse defencemen on ice than Buff and also those were the ones that did cost us more than Buff. Unless someone did not watch even the highlights, they were Morrissey-Trouba, that had a real off-game.

Buff was really close to make that OT GWG. Too bad that he played too long shifts for his stamina, but I would not pull my hairs off for this.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I like Buff and consider him an asset to the team. However. he may be the common factor in all our OT losses this year. I think it is more than correlation.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I like Buff and consider him an asset to the team. However. he may be the common factor in all our OT losses this year. I think it is more than correlation.
I don't think Buff is the reason we have lost all the 3 on 3 crap , he has to take some of the blame for too long of shifts but he is not the sole reason we have lost these OT games . I love Frenchie but him diving down at the blue line was not smart at all .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad