Confirmed with Link: Dustin Brown to retire after playoffs

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Still the all-time leader in hits since the stat started being kept and he missed out on nearly 2 1/2 seasons of hits being counted towards his total. Not sure how much juice Clutterbuck has but he'll pass Brown next season. Matt Martin might get him too.

Ovechkin missed out on two seasons of hit stats as well but is ~350 behind Brown.

311 hits and 33 goals in 2008. That's a lot of fun.

93 hits to go along with 20 points in 20 games for the 2021 Cup. 125 hits in 26 games for the 2014 Cup.

Shit...25 hits in the four game sweep at the hands of this year's non-playoff team the Vegas Golden Knights.

I mention it every time it comes up but that's rare company with Brown and Ovy, only two power forwards to keep putting up 50+ points and 200+ hits for quite a few years in a row. Only Ladd did it once or twice as well. Just shows how rare that type of skill and power is. Don't get me wrong, Brown is Ovy-EXTREMELY-lite, but definitely from the same cloth of machine.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Obviously not solely Brown, but this is the last few games of Bropitar, and of the Kopitar-Brown-Doughty-Quick fellowship. That's a tearjerker.

I'd bet Doughty's arguing to play with one arm as we speak.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"alright fine, f*** it, I'm a villain now"

1651192896375.png

BehindEnemyLines

I miss 2012 & 2014
Nov 26, 2007
ID
I started really following the kings around the time he was drafted. Can't believe it's been that long! Loved watching him play gritty hockey and of course, raising the cup not once but twice! It's close to the end of an era.

Congrats Dustin! Enjoy retirement!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I prepared this before we officially made the play-off… decided not to change it.

Thank you Dustin Brown, our Captain, our Leader.

We owe so much this guy. He set the tone for our first Stanley cup with ‘the hit’ and continued to be a wrecking ball as we went on to win with a 16-4 record…. I mean, we forget how utterly dominate we were. Quickie rightly won the Conn Smythe but Brown had 8 goals and 20 pts and was just as crucial as Kopitar and Doughty. He then of course lifts the cup for a second time.

Without a doubt a heart and soul guy and his wife’s involvement off the ice highlights his importance. I’m sure I remember that she plays a huge part in helping the families of new players settle into the area. Obviously she now works in the org as I’m sure he will. A class family!

At the time of writing with regular season 4 games left Brown has:

GP 1294
G 325
A 387
PTS 712
PIM 738
HITS 3183 (That he’s played 1294 games is incredible 2.46 p/g)

GP 85
G 19
A 28
PTS 45
PIM 84
HITS 413(Talk about stepping up in the post season - 4.86 p/g)

* - I acknowledge the hits per game isn’t technically correct but it makes my point.

His play-off scoring rate is right in line with his regular season numbers which is also pretty impressive.

A great career and #23 will rightly go into the rafters!

So I’m a little sad but very proud. He’s timed this perfectly IMO! (The last sentence I did just add!).

Last edited:

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Godspeed, Brownie! Until somebody steps up, you are still the only Captain in Kings history to lift Lord Stanley’s Cup. Be proud! See you around.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
:cry: Very sad indeed. We'll never see 23 on the ice again but one things for sure Brown will never wear another teams jersey ever. Freakin awesome!!!

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I don’t know how we can support this monster given his history:

"KNEE SPREE" MANHUNT ENDS IN GUNFIRE, ARREST, QUESTIONS
By Doug Wilson, Editor-in-Chief

San Jose, CA, 9:59PM (UPDATED at 10:34PM)

Dustin Brown, suspected Serial Kneer, was arrested on Sunday by authorities working out of the greater Bay Area.

"We finally got him," Sgt. Thornton said, a visible tear in his eye. "I can never forgive what he did to my deputy. Tomas had such a bright career ahead of him. One of the best deputies I ever had. Now, of course, he's dead. But we got the man responsible."

The "Knee Spree," as it was recently coined, has left a bloody, turbulent trail across much of the North American west coast, with crime scenes from the Bay Area all the way to Calgary, Alberta. Investigators initially believed the Spree was the work of multiple men, perhaps copycats, or perhaps even a wider cabal of Serial Kneers, Elbowers, and Headbutters. The crime wave crossed multiple state lines, inevitably international lines, and left in its wake the bruised and battered hopes and dreams of those it victimized.

"I didn't even see him coming," Jaden Schwartz, a St. Louis man, told the Mercury News. Schwartz famously survived his own run-in with the Serial Kneer several years ago. "Just suddenly, an appendage flew out of the darkness. Didn't see where it came from, or where it went after that. Scariest thing I ever saw. Lucky for me it missed, but it coulda killed me, man."

Others, of course, were not as lucky as Schwartz, including Deputy Tomas Hertl of the SJPD. Before Hertl passed away from complications resulting from Tweaked Knee Syndrome (TKS), he provided investigators with one of the first sketches of Brown's ghoulish though somewhat childlike visage.

"Without Tomas, today isn't possible," Sgt. Thornton exclaimed at an emotional press conference Monday morning. "Tomas gave us the sketch. Tomas gave us Brown's face. TKS has taken so many lives now." Thornton paused to stare blankly into the mid-distance for several moments.

"It's all over, at least," he concluded, eyes glassy.

After spending weeks collecting evidence, investigators finally closed in on Brown's Los Angeles compound early Sunday morning. A heavily armed Brown was suspected to put up a fight, but surprisingly, he surrendered peacefully. In fact, the only shot fired was a brief, nearly disastrous confrontation between Orange County authorities and the SJPD. The Orange County Officer accused of discharging his firearm before the raid on Brown later spoke to the Mercury News:

"Don't know what came over me," Officer Getzlaf said. "I just looked over at the SJ group, and I swear one of 'em looked like a full grown rat wearing man's clothes, like somethin' out of a horror movie. Half man, half rat. Ugliest guy I've ever seen." Getzlaf paused to wipe visible sweat from his gleaming head. "I was spooked, ya know, and I fumbled with my gun, and it just went off. It was an accident. We've all been on edge these last few years."

On edge, indeed, the very edge of the Knee Spree, which originally came to national attention sometime in the spring of 2012. Though some leading researchers claim it was going on long before then.

"These kinds of serial predators, they don't just randomly start hurting people," claimed Dr. Shane Doan, a professor of criminal psychology at University of Arizona. "Sometimes they start as young as six months. Crawl right over to mom or dad, headbutt them right on the patella. It's sick behavior. Lifelong behavior. Brown is never going to change. He's a sick, sick man."

Brown was booked into Santa Clara County Jail late Sunday morning. This is an ongoing story.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
Obviously not solely Brown, but this is the last few games of Bropitar, and of the Kopitar-Brown-Doughty-Quick fellowship. That's a tearjerker.

Saw that one in person. Unforgettable moment.

Thanks for the memories Brownie.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
please let his jersey retirement ceremony be against the yotes, nucks or ducks.
I would like for it to be a game where Mike Smith is starting for the other team.

So the Oilers would be a good option also.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Special. What a run for Brownie. I hope he’s got a few more special moments in store for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad