Confirmed with Link: Dustin Brown to retire after playoffs

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
This one hurts. Phenomenal captain, huge part of Kings history.

I will say I hated how everyone wanted Richards gone when Brown wasn't any better at the time, but damn did he prove me wrong on that a couple years later. Helluva career Dustin Brown

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
It’s crazy. A lot of us were calling for Brown to retire a month or so ago, but now that it’s a reality, it hits you like a ton of bricks. We don’t actually want you to go Brownie, we’re just overly emotional fans who say things we don’t mean…

Thank you Brown. For Everything…

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
My all time favorite play involving Brownie(aside from his highlight hits)

Also, shout out to the GOAT Bob Miller!!!!!

One of the greatest assists ever as well. Don't think I've ever seen one until this moment. And average 4 goals in the past 7 games. :laugh:. May not hear that with the Kings for awhile. Lol.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
O Captain my Captain. My favorite Kings player. A Kings legend. I still remember my first live game, on his first season as Captain of the Kings. He gave a speech on the last game of the season. I knew the guy was going to be the 1st King to raise the cup. Not the flashiest, also not the most consistent but when he’s on, he is on. The guy is a warrior and was an absolute bulldozer. He has gotten a ton of flak the past couple of years including from me but you can’t deny the guy tries to be better, just didn’t have enough skill to do it. It will be a sad day not hearing his name in the opening line up next season. I look forward to seeing his number raised in the rafters.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Brown losing the C was one of the more disappointing decisions in franchise history, maybe the most. There are bad trades, bad FA signings and bad draft picks but what sucked about the post-cup era was all the stupid decisions made in dealing with people. Brown lost his C, they tried to take a huge chunk of money from Richards, they allowed Voynov to practice after his despicable act, the Matt Greene buyout/not buyout confusion, the whole Kovalchuk fiasco.

Brown should have been the 14 year captain of this team. Dustin Brown is everything you want out of a captain of an NHL team. Every NHL player should thrive to be the person and have the life Brown has.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Brown losing the C was one of the more disappointing decisions in franchise history, maybe the most. There are bad trades, bad FA signings and bad draft picks but what sucked about the post-cup era was all the stupid decisions made in dealing with people. Brown lost his C, they tried to take a huge chunk of money from Richards, they allowed Voynov to practice after his despicable act, the Matt Greene buyout/not buyout confusion, the whole Kovalchuk fiasco.

Brown should have been the 14 year captain of this team. Dustin Brown is everything you want out of a captain of an NHL team. Every NHL player should thrive to be the person and have the life Brown has.
Agreed. One thing I will emphasize, always, is these players are more than the assets fans like to see them treated as.

How you treat people in the org, especially those who have done it all for you, matters.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Edmonton Oilers acquire top-level blue-liner in Visnovsky from Kings

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
One of my favorite all-time Kings. Gave his heart, his body, and a soul to this organization. Right down to the end he was a true team guy even knowing when it’s time to retire..

I’m sure he could’ve came back next year if it was all about the money, but for him it’s always been about the team.

Very humble guy, very self aware, lead by example in the ice during our cup runs.

Whatever happened between Sutter and him seem to reckon for a few years, but he turned it around as he got older. I can’t imagine it was easy for him to come to the rink some days with the wear and tear he put on his body over the years.

One of the best open ice hitters I have ever seen.

He is one player that I would love to see in our front office over the next few years. With the youth coming up he would be a great person to help mentor them off the bench. He is not an elite superstar, he worked for everything he got and could teach do youth.

Thank you for everything you’ve brought to the team over the years, thank you for captaining us to our 1st cup, and thank you for knowing when to retire. You’ve provided some of the greatest hockey memories of my life. All the best in the future.

Reactions: kilowatt and Bandit

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There’s a guy on the main board that claims Brown hasn’t done enough to get his shirt retired 😂 🙄🙄🙄😂

Doesn't matter. 11, 8, 23, and 32 will be up there. The Kings aren't the Habs or Leafs; they don't have a ton of good history. Those 4 make up most of he good history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad