Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Victoriaville (Comtois) comes into their final regular season game on a 10 game win streak. These are the scores of those 10 games:
5-4
6-1
7-1
8-2
9-0
7-3
9-1
7-1
5-2
5-2

Absurd streak to have going into the playoffs, and even with that run of dominance they will only finish 6th in the QMJHL.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Comtois has 44 goals in 54 games. He has twice as many goals as he had last year in 10 less games. Guy is on some kind of run right now

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Comtois and Abramov sitting today
And Victoriaville is still up 3-0 without those two. :laugh:

If they keep this up, I don't see how they aren't going to make a serious push for a Memorial Cup bid. They've got some competition, sure, but we're looking at arguably the hottest team in juniors right now.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Morand scored and was a +2 in Titan's season finale (5-4 win over Halifax). Finished the regular season 26+50=76, +16 in 66 games; looks like he's going to end the year in the top 15 in points.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I didn't realize how good of a season Tyler soy was having.... not much talk about him but he 36 goals, 56 assist, 92 points and a + 16

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Final games of the season, They're clearly their team's best players and I assume there's no real chance of moving up in the standings.

Yeah, the QMJHL playoff bracket has been set in stone for a while now. Comtois' Victoriaville will take on Gatineau in the first round -- the Olympiques sold heavily this season, so on paper that should be a very quick series. Morand's AB Titan will face Chicoutimi, a team that also sold, but not as heavily as Gatineau. The Sagueneens still have quality roster players, including a good bunch of 2018/2019 NHL draft eligibles, so I would expect that series to be tougher.

In the WHL, 5 out of 8 playoff series are now set. Like I posted previously, Regina will face Swift Current in a battle of two WHL juggernauts. Soy's Victoria will also play against a formidable opponent in the Vancouver Giants -- both teams did some selling, so the series should be quite evenly matched. Going into the series, one of the main goals for Victoria is to figure out, how they'll keep 60-goal scorer Ty Ronning off the score board...

In the OHL, things are still quite wide open. The OHL bracket hasn't yet been updated, but there are two series in the playoff schedule. One of them is Kingston (Jones) facing the NB Battallion. Kingston's roster is absolutely stacked, thanks to all the additions they made at the TDL, so this series should also be over quickly. Jones has been hurt since January 21th, no idea what his current condition is, or when he'll be able to return to the lineup.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Last wee Kingston coach said jones was still 4 more weeks away, which would probably be the 2nd rd. He said Jones had pins put in the finger he broke some 8 weeks ago and was just getting them out last week.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Here's the tournament schedule for those that want to watch Terry:

y4m7HtaJBjfR3Q-EMGXpmIR4RAaEFcVNsN6bAonlsJ-WaL5JHsezn-b7TohCBcFxwCuSwB5D8JVpJnzk_dgT1jPmi2-8X41N6NKA63eqDTOIrQANCfOP9rNaGR2Cl2jmtXzagDlC8bPMbK44l03_LEb2qbXRvMt1coG9if0A3ejQu8fBT4nFu7oVhumIwrgYbi50y-FlN8-WTRrAfH5YgxR-Q

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Would it be mean for me to cheer for Penn State?
Honestly, I'd rather see Denver win the championship again if we want Terry to come over. He might then feel as if he's accomplished enough at the college level and want to turn pro after the season. Conversely, if Denver gets knocked out early, he might not want to leave college on that note, even if he already has a championship under his belt.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Honestly, I'd rather see Denver win the championship again if we want Terry to come over. He might then feel as if he's accomplished enough at the college level and want to turn pro after the season. Conversely, if Denver gets knocked out early, he might not want to leave college on that note, even if he already has a championship under his belt.
I understand that thought but not sure I agree with it. Already having one championship and coming off a good Olympics I don't see him having a college obsession.

On another note, his coach was apparently interviewed by the Panthers last year for their coaching vacancy before supposedly withdrawing his name. I saw an article somewhere recently saying he could be a candidate for any NHL jobs coming open this summer. Could be they both decide it's time to move on.

Reactions: Elf

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I understand that thought but not sure I agree with it. Already having one championship and coming off a good Olympics I don't see him having a college obsession.

On another note, his coach was apparently interviewed by the Panthers last year for their coaching vacancy before supposedly withdrawing his name. I saw an article somewhere recently saying he could be a candidate for any NHL jobs coming open this summer. Could be they both decide it's time to move on.
Anaheim might be looking for a new head coach this summer ;)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
^ Minnesota State taking on Minnesota Duluth, in a winner-takes-all game in the Frozen Four tournament? That game will be an absolute barn-burner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad