How else are they supposed to stay warm up there??? :dunno:
ci_797.jpg

Reactions: Opak

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gaudette > terry
Dont know about him, other than his eliteprospects numbers but he is 11 months older (albeit the same draft year as Terry) and he hasn`t played in WJC`s nor Olympics, in both Terry was a PPG player.

Gaudette looks decent number wise and he has a potentially good NHL size but I don`t think we can say he`s better than Terry

Reactions: Dmang714

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Stats are great and all, but my excitement for Terry is based more on his skill set than his point totals.

When I watch him play, I see a guy whos skills look like they will transfer very well to the NHL. His ability to hold onto the puck, create time and space, and find his teammates will be even more apparent when he's playing with better players.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
In general it's tough to rate players at college. What clearly stands out for Troy, he is a winner and he played major roles atWJC while being rated as a complementary player and an even bigger role at Denvers title. He ajusted well to all roles and leagues.

It looks like Boston got a good one in Donato and his numbers are far away from Gaudette.

Reactions: Dmang714 and Kalv

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Stats are great and all, but my excitement for Terry is based more on his skill set than his point totals.

When I watch him play, I see a guy whos skills look like they will transfer very well to the NHL. His ability to hold onto the puck, create time and space, and find his teammates will be even more apparent when he's playing with better players.

This makes sense to me too based on seeing both guys. Terry seems to have a top 6 ceiling where Gaudette is more so a probable to be a two way 3rd line center on a good team, and his shot maybe gets him a little higher if his other offensive skills develop well.

Gaudette is in an offensive system that's tailored to his style, so it could be a murky transition. But the kid has such a drive and strong off puck play that his floor is pretty safe. Goal scoring + possession hound goes a long way.

Terry he looks like he could play virtually anywhere. He actually reminds me of Gaudette's teammate Dylan Sikura. Very similar players - slick playmakers who will always be in demand.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Also the Ducks signed Kiefer Sherwood. Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere. Apparently he's rejected contracts from MTL, PIT, and BOS in the past.

The Ducks haven't yet "officially" confessed to such a thing, but Portzline tweeted about it. Ducks/Gulls continue to be active in the college FA market -- Sherwood is already the second guy they've brought in this year, as it was announced earlier that defenseman Chris Forney signed an ATO in San Diego.

Welinski was recalled from San Diego, BTW.

EDIT:

Sherwood also joins the Gulls on an ATO, which would imply that his ELC will kick in next season.

Last edited:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
If you guys did indeed sign Kiefer Sherwood, he is a great fit for your organization. He plays a heavy, but smart game, and his style fits the Ducks very well. I've seen him play live 15+ times since he was a freshman, and always thought he would be an NHL player. I was really hoping the Jackets would sign him, but I'll be sure to follow his progress. I'm fairly certain he'll be a player for you guys.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If you guys did indeed sign Kiefer Sherwood, he is a great fit for your organization. He plays a heavy, but smart game, and his style fits the Ducks very well. I've seen him play live 15+ times since he was a freshman, and always thought he would be an NHL player. I was really hoping the Jackets would sign him, but I'll be sure to follow his progress. I'm fairly certain he'll be a player for you guys.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
well, that`s interesting. But his numbers didn`t progress much this year. He is 2 years older than Terry. Will be interesting to see what he can do. Interesting that he wanted to sign with us instead of those teams

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
well, that`s interesting. But his numbers didn`t progress much this year. He is 2 years older than Terry. Will be interesting to see what he can do. Interesting that he wanted to sign with us instead of those teams
That is my only concern with him as well- he is already 22. But don't read too much into his numbers not progressing, as that has a lot to do with Miami becoming worse each year he was there. They were bad last year, but this year was much worse. They lost their best offensive player, Sherwood's linemate, before this season, so he was one of the two main go-to offensive players this year, with a worse supporting cast, and still put up decent numbers.

Reactions: Opak

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
With Minnesota's longtime coach not returning I wonder if bob tries to sign Brent gates away from college now.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
With Minnesota's longtime coach not returning I wonder if bob tries to sign Brent gates away from college now.

I'm not sure that's such a good idea, as San Diego's roster is going to be quite crowded next season. Top minutes in the NCAA are IMO better than having a lesser role in the AHL or getting an ECHL demotion. Gates is still eligible to return for another season, they should take advantage of that IMO.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There's going to be quite the battle for forward spots at next years training camp. I like it.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Some tidbits from that article:
...three-year run at Miami University, where he totaled 34-52-86 in 106 games.
Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Boston were among those who made offers.
Sherwood, 6-foot, 197 pounds, is regarded as a high-level skater with an NHL-level shot. His best season at Miami was 2016-17, when he had 14 goals and 24 assists in 36 games.
Among Sherwood's new teammates in San Diego will be former Blue Jackets forwards Jared Boll and Corey Tropp. Boll and Sherwood have trained and skated together in the summer.

Source: After three years at Miami U., New Albany's Kiefer Sherwood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->