Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Ok, but if Turris wasn't going to re-sign here (debatable, he seemed to indicate he wanted to when he talked about how he felt management wanted him but ownership didn't) it still doesn't make him less valuable. We could have traded him to Nsh for that package, no?

Yes, Ottawa could have made that deal...but Colorado would not have traded Duchene for just Bowers and a first. So Ottawa ends up with Girard and Kamenev, and either Brassard as their #1 centre or probably has to add Chabot to the Bowers/1st round package to land Duchene.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, Ottawa could have made that deal...but Colorado would not have traded Duchene for just Bowers and a first. So Ottawa ends up with Girard and Kamenev, and either Brassard as their #1 centre or probably has to add Chabot to the Bowers/1st round package to land Duchene.

what... why can't they trade the exact same package Colorado accepted for Duchene for Duchene? The whole point was establishing that Turris was still worth something, Girard Kamenev and a 2nd to be exact.

You can't discount the established value Turris had just because we arguably weren't going to re-sign him. He's still worth what he's worth, that's all my point was.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I must have missed all of those games....

So you missed last nights game?

Where has Ryan been the last couple of games? You can say his hands hurt, but what about effort? Can you name me 1 single play from the last 2 games where Ryan did anything at all?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Where has Ryan been the last couple of games? You can say his hands hurt, but what about effort? Can you name me 1 single play from the last 2 games where Ryan did anything at all?
I cant find much fault in his effort. he goes out there and does his thing. not to mention playoffs are faaar out of reach. I don't fault some guys for mailing it in a bit early.( even though I don't think ryan is one of these guys.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I cant find much fault in his effort. he goes out there and does his thing. not to mention playoffs are faaar out of reach. I don't fault some guys for mailing it in a bit early.( even though I don't think ryan is one of these guys.

So you’re okay with the team highest paid player who’s sitting on back to back 9 goal season mailing it in?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
that actually makes sense and might have been smarter lol... turris for girard Kamenev 2nd. then flip Chabot OR girard ( now we have both in the same position) and bowers for Duchene. keeping our first... hindsight ofcourse

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
In yesterday's Sun article Duchene made it pretty clear he's happy in Ottawa ("I feel like I can be myself here"...."built friendships with my teammates" etc.) and is open to signing an extension this summer.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

He did record his 500th career point in Thursday's game vs the Oilers, I think.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
In yesterday's Sun article Duchene made it pretty clear he's happy in Ottawa ("I feel like I can be myself here"...."built friendships with my teammates" etc.) and is open to signing an extension this summer.
hqdefault.jpg

Imagine they sign both EK and Duchene back to back... they'd gain back a ton of cred that has been lost over the course of the year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really like Duchene... I hope the Sens can get as much for Karlsson (with Ryan) as Joe got for Duchene if they go that way.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
As an Avalanche fan let me offer up a preliminary apology for how hard I will be rooting for the Senators to crater next year.

You're a good bunch of fans, deserve a better owner and if a team breaks the Canadian Stanley Cup drought I hope it's you guys.

However the Sens failure next year is the Avs success.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
As an Avalanche fan let me offer up a preliminary apology for how hard I will be rooting for the Senators to crater next year.

You're a good bunch of fans, deserve a better owner and if a team breaks the Canadian Stanley Cup drought I hope it's you guys.

Oh it is? We didn't know that...

Emerica

May 29, 2010

You really felt the need to come in here and post this like we should know who you are or care who you cheer for? Lol.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I would still do that trade.

Turris was as good as gone. The Sens used it as an opportunity to upgrade to a true #1 center.

Duchene is awesome to watch

Reactions: Deku

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Still not sold on Duchesne. How can such an elite player be consistently on horrid teams.

Until he shows me otherwise he’s the Oli Jokinen of the NHL now.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I really like Duchene... I hope the Sens can get as much for Karlsson (with Ryan) as Joe got for Duchene if they go that way.

Girard will be a good/decent D-man but will always be limited as he is severely undersized, Bowers could be a good 3rd liner but he is far from a sure thing, I don’t think Kamenev will be great at the NHL level, as a result he will not earn lucrative contracts, which means he will eventually go back to Russia.

It really depends on how the Sens do next year and what happens with that 1st rounder... if they make the playoffs for example, then I don’t think it’s really that great of a package for 26 y/o Duchene.

For me it’s that 1st rounder that make or break the trade. Reality is Ottawa replaced a good 2nd line Center (ideally, on a good team) for a 2 years younger highly skilled Center.

If the price to make that upgrade is only 2 late first and a 3rd (with Hammond’s salary dump); then I’d say it’s a good trade.

That is WHY the Sens should make all their possible to have the best team possible next year, with the right coaching and much better goaltending. They have so many good elements, it’s not like it was impossible

All that being said, if that is only what the Sens can get for EK, then we should be disappointed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad