Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Duchene has always been good. You aren't a team canada player unless you are legit. Why people in Ottawa are only seeing this now is beyond me.

Reactions: DJB

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Man, imagine having BOTH Duchene and Turris on this team.
D

Did you see the games where Duchene and Brassard both were playing? We had 2 unstoppable lines, with Duchene + Hoffman and Brassard + Stone, producing at a point per game pace.

I would've love to see a full season where our top 2 lines looking something like this..

HOFFMAN - DUCHENE - Dzingle

Ryan - BRASSARD - STONE

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Duchene has always been good. You aren't a team canada player unless you are legit. Why people in Ottawa are only seeing this now is beyond me.

Sure but he was playing in the West his whole career so for whoever didn't catch much of the Canada games they didn't get to catch a lot of his games. He's always been good, but he got some doubters after he gave up on his team last season. Now we can see why we gave up so much to get him. Another awesome thing about him is how many goals he scores right in front of the net, and how many he creates by being there too. Turris had a restraining order to those areas lol.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sure but he was playing in the West his whole career so for whoever didn't catch much of the Canada games they didn't get to catch a lot of his games. He's always been good, but he got some doubters after he gave up on his team last season. Now we can see why we gave up so much to get him. Another awesome thing about him is how many goals he scores right in front of the net, and how many he creates by being there too. Turris had a restraining order to those areas lol.
Then people need to hold their opinion till they see him play

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
D

Did you see the games where Duchene and Brassard both were playing? We had 2 unstoppable lines, with Duchene + Hoffman and Brassard + Stone, producing at a point per game pace.

I would've love to see a full season where our top 2 lines looking something like this..

Ryan - BRASSARD - STONE
unstoppable though?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Duchene is a great player. What we paid to get for him should not affect anyones evaluation of him. Another thing I really like about him, is how much he seems to enjoy being here, near home and family, and in a city that cares about hockey. Not playing fourth fiddle behind the Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies. I'm convinced he is taking his game to another level in front of real hockey fans. He is a safe bet to re-sign IMO. This is a great situation for him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So Duchesne is on the Karlsson watch and is waiting until the draft to see how things go, he’s iffy about signing.

Why did we trade someone we can’t afford for someone we REALLY can’t afford?

Like every other star player he likes the market, just not the direction of the team. He’s in a wait and see mode. So basically, we overpay him to stay or he’s gone. Worked for Bobby Ryan

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So Duchesne is on the Karlsson watch and is waiting until the draft to see how things go, he’s iffy about signing.

Like every other star player he likes the market, just not the direction of the team. He’s in a wait and see mode. So basically, we overpay him to stay or he’s gone. Worked for Bobby Ryan
concerning you first statement... where are you getting this

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
D

Ryan - BRASSARD - STONE
I think you mean Duchene and Stone.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Ya, verify it with a link or it's getting removed.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ya, verify it with a link or it's getting removed.

Read the Ottaw sun today. Duchesne says ‘I’m waiting until the draft and July 1 to see what happens’

That to me is a guy who needs to be sold to stay in ottawa, it someone who’s fully committed.

He’s said before he wants to play for a winner, and those comments leave me to believe he’s in wait and see mode.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Read the Ottaw sun today. Duchesne says ‘I’m waiting until the draft and July 1 to see what happens’

That to me is a guy who needs to be sold to stay in ottawa, it someone who’s fully committed.

He’s said before he wants to play for a winner, and those comments leave me to believe he’s in wait and see mode.
Full quote, for context:

"Duchene, who has one year remaining on his contract before he can become an unrestricted free agent in 2019, isn’t committing to anything long-term. He’s like Ottawa fans, but waiting to see what direction the team heads during the off-season. “I’m curious to see what happens at the draft and July 1 and stuff like that and kind of go from there,” he said. “I know this could be a really great place for me going forward, if everything works out. That’s kind of my hope.”"

Source

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Reading on Ottawa Sun article was so far down on my list of priorities....

But I did! And you're right.

So ya, I'm inclined to think if we lose EK, we lose Duchene.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Reading on Ottawa Sun article was so far down on my list of priorities....

But I did! And you're right.

So ya, I'm inclined to think if we lose EK, we lose Duchene.
I don't think so. depends on the package and how we wheel and deal. hes not a free agent this summer.. so if were good next year, with or without karlsson, it encourages him to stay

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think so. depends on the package and how we wheel and deal. hes not a free agent this summer.. so if were good next year, with or without karlsson, it encourages him to stay

Well no, because if we move EK and Duchene indicates he likely isn't coming back we're not going into the season with him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't care what y'all think, Duchene is a better hockey player than Stone. If we lose our #1 and #2 best players to picks and prospects.... yeesh. We're in for a rough ride for a while.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Correction:
Duchene is very good player and Dorian overpaid to get him. He is substantially better than Turris and to get a guy like him a team always overpays.

It’s sucks because Dorion bet on winning (and continuing to win) when he overpaid for Duch - I believe the reasoning being of we go on another run Ottawa will become a place players will want to sign and it’ll help me lock up the Captain, let’s win now and worry about contracts and such later.

Blew up in his face. But can’t blame the man for trying to accomplish something in Ottawa.

If we trade Duch and EK in July 1 that’s a true rebuild. Stone becomes the C.

Reactions: pzeeman

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Full quote, for context:

"Duchene, who has one year remaining on his contract before he can become an unrestricted free agent in 2019, isn’t committing to anything long-term. He’s like Ottawa fans, but waiting to see what direction the team heads during the off-season. “I’m curious to see what happens at the draft and July 1 and stuff like that and kind of go from there,” he said. “I know this could be a really great place for me going forward, if everything works out. That’s kind of my hope.”"

Source

Well that's just lovely.

Even if we manage to keep Duchene, I shudder at the money he will get, given his comparables and our desperation to keep him after trading a ton for him.

I imagine he'd get around 8M on a long-term deal. Overpayment for a guy who's averaged around 50-60P the past 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->