News: Dubas open to trading top prospects

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Incoming: Toronto's prospect pool is weak.
Also incoming: Toronto's depth takes a tailspin because they don't have enough youngsters to fill out the bottom half of the roster.
Following the incoming, incoming: Toronto to go through rebuild/retool.
Probably not but let's pretend it's incoming: Toronto to hires PC, Kevin Lowe and Craig Mactavish to get the Toronto rebuild back on track.
Don't forget it's incoming: These new Toronto prospects are the best! Just a few years away (2045) and we'll finally win a cup again!
also love the hey you are contending so trade us your young roster player for our older worse player

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
If the Leafs really feel they can compete and win a cup, of course you throw your chips in and hope it works out. Its great having good prospects but not good when you're not even competeing for the cup so I fully expect them too. Even in a weak Canada division they are still head and shoulders above the rest in the division and should try and make a serious attempt to win.
The same Leafs who came away with 1/6 point Vs the Jets last week? Those Leafs are head and shoulders above the rest?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The same Leafs who came away with 1/6 point Vs the Jets last week? Those Leafs are head and shoulders above the rest?
Yeah, those Leafs though they got 2 out of six points when played last week.
Too many non Leaf fans awarded them the division. Heck even one awarded them the Cup after the Leafs beat their team, but the truth is that the North is a very competitive division.

Last edited:
Reactions: TS Quint

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
cmon now thats really bad for the Leafs.
how about for Larkin@50% and we add

How is that bad for the leafs?

Kerfoot is so bad it'd cost a 2nd to get him out.

I know Mantha hasn't been that good this year, but considering Kerfoot is a cap dump that would require a a 2nd pick to deal, how is Sandin + a late 1st bad for a guy like Mantha who'd compliment Nylander quite well?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
He's not so bad, if you're force feeding him to a team that doesn't want him then sure it'd cost them. He'd hold some value to some teams though. Reality is he's a good 3rd line winger that kills penalties & is capable of playing centre. 3.5m cap hit, next 2 seasons he's only owed $2,700,000 in salary per. Don't think they're looking to move him right now unless they have to. He's the only expendable piece on their roster with a cap hit; reason why his name gets tossed around so often.

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Is this the appropriate place to hawk a slightly used Nick Foligno?

eBay listing looks like this

Nick Foligno original with retained salary
Buy It Now price: Rodion Amirov

Original Foligno family member with middle six left wing experience. Capable of penalty killing and gritty playoff style. Maybe able to include some retained salary. Free delivery.

BaldyJarmo (25)

His feedback contains this.

Bought a power forward from him in used condition in need of repair. Vender parfait. 5stars. Burgervan65 (54)

Crashsunday

Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
Of course he is, he's got to win now or else his model appears to be a failure. He has something to prove and so he will do whatever is necessary to win now.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
How is that bad for the leafs?

I know Mantha hasn't been that good this year, but considering Kerfoot is a cap dump that would require a a 2nd pick to deal, how is Sandin + a late 1st bad for a guy like Mantha who'd compliment Nylander quite well?

Fans on this site don’t seem to understand the difference between a bad player and an overpaid one. Kerfoot is the latter, not the former. Completely understandable though that other teams wouldn’t want him in this market but reading the trade board you’d think he was an AHL’er.

And an easy no to Sandin and a 1st for Mantha.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Why are people acting like Forsberg is a top 10 winger that would command a Byram/Cozens/Zegras level prospect? Let’s be realistic here. Scored 30 goals twice and has never been a PPG player.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Why are people acting like Forsberg is a top 10 winger that would command a Byram/Cozens/Zegras level prospect? Let’s be realistic here. Scored 30 goals twice and has never been a PPG player.

Because he's an elite winger who can score 30-40 goals and go PPG.

Why do Toronto fans think you can get him for Kerfoot, your 5th best prospect and a late 1st?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
NYR are stacked on right side Kakko, Vitaly and I like Gauthier.....

Pavel Buch available.....plays in every situation and has developed an edge. Give me your best offer?

Reactions: bernmeister

Bond

May 10, 2012
Because he's an elite winger who can score 30-40 goals and go PPG.
I keep seeing this storyline about Forsberg but 40 goals is hard feat and it looks like he topped out points wise. He has value but one of the most overvalued player on this board. Preds keep them if their ask is a Cozens level prospect.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
probably because he is tied for 20th is the league in points?

Same amount of points as ROR, Stamkos, Point, Connor...more than Tavares, Bergeron, Barzal

But really, he is a top 50 forward and he is not a rental. You don't get that for a cheap price.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
General FYI:
Kerfoot is a good player inherently, I think people are taking it as he sucks for two reasons. One he's in every trade. And two is that he has a 3.5 mil cap hit. Kerfoot is a fine player but if you could upgrade to Forsberg you do it.

The Leafs don't have to move him and he's a good piece. He just happens to be the next player up to upgrade to go all in. Kerfoot is a dump in the sense they have to make salaries work sure but that's the only way. Kerfoot is an NHL player on pretty much all 31 teams. If Kerfoot was making a million dollars. We wouldn't be having this discussion.

Would be interesting if Kerfoot ends up lowering the price for whoever the Leafs acquire. He's needed for cap purposes but is still a good player, I could see a team valuing him as a 2nd to 3rd and trade him at next years deadline.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
NYR are stacked on right side Kakko, Vitaly and I like Gauthier.....

Pavel Buch available.....plays in every situation and has developed an edge. Give me your best offer?

People are saying that he will get a new contract in the 5M range. So he's too expensive for the Leafs. If this is a pure half season rental, then a 1st round pick, but NY won't treat the trade as a pure half season rental.

Reactions: cheech70

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

Yet people keep asking for him even after Poile said he won't be moved.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I keep seeing this storyline about Forsberg but 40 goals is hard feat and it looks like he topped out points wise. He has value but one of the most overvalued player on this board. Preds keep them if their ask is a Cozens level prospect.

He was already not available, I don't know why Toronto fans would assume different.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00