News: Dubas open to trading top prospects

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I wonder something

is it really worth it to sell the farm this season to go all in and try to win the cup in this Covid year with no fans ?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I wonder something

is it really worth it to sell the farm this season to go all in and try to win the cup in this Covid year with no fans ?
It's probably not worth selling the farm for a team in Toronto's stage of its compete cycle regardless of fan situations, at least for rentals. The best chance a team has at winning a cup is to be good for a long time, not really good for a short time, so talented ELC reinforcements are hugely valuable.

Chicago and Pittsburgh are still in the same compete cycle that they started in the mid 2000's. They're in the stage of it that you should sell out for a winner. That's the blueprint that Toronto followed to get here, they should hold their top prospects imo.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
For the pieces I feel the Leafs need I'm not sure top prospects need to be traded.

Guys like Tanner Pearson, Nick Foligno Alex Iafallo aren't going to cost top prospects, I know kings fans want that return but I don't think UFA's are going to cost top prospects because there are about 5 teams with actual money and A LOT of teams losing money with no, or limited fans

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
It's probably not worth selling the farm for a team in Toronto's stage of its compete cycle regardless of fan situations, at least for rentals. The best chance a team has at winning a cup is to be good for a long time, not really good for a short time, so talented ELC reinforcements are hugely valuable.

Chicago and Pittsburgh are still in the same compete cycle that they started in the mid 2000's. They're in the stage of it that you should sell out for a winner. That's the blueprint that Toronto followed to get here, they should hold their top prospects imo.

Chicago announced they're rebuilding.
Half of their roster have played 2 seasons or less.

They're definitely not in their Cup window anymore. Give it 2 or 3 more seasons, at least.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Chicago announced they're rebuilding.
Half of their roster have played 2 seasons or less.

They're definitely not in their Cup window anymore. Give it 2 or 3 more seasons, at least.
They're in the phase where they have to choose, either rebuild or sell out to win around the Kane/Toews version of the team.

Don't overlook my point for the minutiae though. Those types of drafted core teams compete for a long time, so toronto should be looking to be sustainably competitive with their core still being young.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Leafs would be unwise to trade Robertson or Amirov. They are the Leafs future after Spezza and Thornton are admitted to their nursing homes.

Reactions: DarylO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad