News: Dubas open to trading top prospects

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
So your thought is they do not need to address the position? Think there is a better cheaper option?
That deal is an upgrade with another year after this at half the cap hit, but cbj isn’t giving the starter away....

Do yourself a favour and search goalie trades on capfriendly. You are severely overvaluing Korpisalo here.

While your at it, you may want to check out goalies stats after they've left a Torts team (9 times out of 10 its a drop-off).

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Flyers should trade Scott Laughton to the Leafs. He is a pending UFA with low salary and can really help with depth. Do you think the Flyers could get a second rounder for him?

Reactions: uncleben

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Flyers should trade Scott Laughton to the Leafs. He is a pending UFA with low salary and can really help with depth. Do you think the Flyers could get a second rounder for him?
I'd really like that addition for Toronto. His style of play would mesh well with the current crop in the Leafs bottom six.

Not sure how the Leafs could squeeze in $2.3M but the pick could be higher if Philadelphia retains salary. Moving Engvall in the trade could help as well imo.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I know this is the easiest path leafs will have in the playoffs, and with this roster our best shot in years, but I just can’t wrap my head around adding a high impact forward with Campbell injuries keeping him to 4 games all year, and Andersen having his worst season in memory, sure either could catch fire and steal the show but I do not have that kind of faith with this being out best chance to break the streak
If we are dealing heavily in futures beg cbj

Andersen 1m retained + 2021 1st+ Robertson
For Korpisalo
thats a massive overpay for Korpisalo man, i would like him here but he commands nowhere near that.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'd really like that addition for Toronto. His style of play would mesh well with the current crop in the Leafs bottom six.

Not sure how the Leafs could squeeze in $2.3M but the pick could be higher if Philadelphia retains salary. Moving Engvall in the trade could help as well imo.

I'm not sure how the cap situation works in that he would only have a little left on that contract, so it would be less than the 2.3 M. I am not a Leafs fan at all, but I think that Laughton would be a big help, and with the Flyers doing nothing this year, they might as well try to get something out of Laughton. I can't see the Flyers getting any pick higher than a 2nd, since he is a UFA. If I'm the Flyers and I can get a 2nd rounder I'd be willing to take any players Toronto wants to get rid of to make the fit, as long as Philly can fit it under the cap.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I'm not sure how the cap situation works in that he would only have a little left on that contract, so it would be less than the 2.3 M. I am not a Leafs fan at all, but I think that Laughton would be a big help, and with the Flyers doing nothing this year, they might as well try to get something out of Laughton. I can't see the Flyers getting any pick higher than a 2nd, since he is a UFA. If I'm the Flyers and I can get a 2nd rounder I'd be willing to take any players Toronto wants to get rid of to make the fit, as long as Philly can fit it under the cap.
Engvall makes $1.25M (RFA after next season) and Laughton at 50% retained makes $1.15M. Throw in a pick and I would do that.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I think they could and man he would be a good pickup for the leafs, perfect fit for 3rd line & pk which lets Hyman play in the top 6. Hometown kid too.

But are the Flyers really going to be sellers? I know they just got completely blown out but they're still in a playoff race.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is there any way Toronto could fit Palmieri in? Could see the Devils potentially be interested in Sandin if he's available.

Kulikov could also be a cheap addition to Toronto's defense if they need another reliable defender for cheap.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
My hot take, Liljegren > Sandin

Liljegren has been been then Sandin in the AHL, just hasn't been given a chance in the NHL
I dont think Liljegren is better, but its closer than people think.

and Sandin has been better in the AHL... at least offensively.

im very excited for them both, should we not trade one

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Is there any way Toronto could fit Palmieri in? Could see the Devils potentially be interested in Sandin if he's available.

Kulikov could also be a cheap addition to Toronto's defense if they need another reliable defender for cheap.

Wouldn't hate Kulikov as a depth piece though for that bottom pairing.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I think they could and man he would be a good pickup for the leafs, perfect fit for 3rd line & pk which lets Hyman play in the top 6. Hometown kid too.

But are the Flyers really going to be sellers? I know they just got completely blown out but they're still in a playoff race.

I doubt they will be sellers because that makes too much sense. They are not going anywhere, even if they make the playoffs. They ought to sell, but they won't. They will end up trading prospects/picks for an old defenseman who won't be of much help.

Eastcoaster84

Feb 11, 2018
NS
Do yourself a favour and search goalie trades on capfriendly. You are severely overvaluing Korpisalo here.

While your at it, you may want to check out goalies stats after they've left a Torts team (9 times out of 10 its a drop-off).

I am aware it is an overpayment, but how many teams are trading there 26 year old starter signed for another year and a half at less than 3m? A late first and top prospect ( personally I don’t think Robertson is more than a middle 6 but again personal opinion) isn’t going to break the bank, Freddy letting in 3 on the first 7 last night is the exclamation point on why I feel this way,
True korpisalo may regress in a less defensive system but age, pedigree, contract still make him an attractive option. Purely my own opinion but I think he is just coming into his own and continue to improve, even out side of the cbj system I have no proof of it, just watching him play I’m a fan. So you might not agree but I am well aware of comparables, factors involved and still feel the team would be better, cap wise and skill wise over the next 2 years

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I am aware it is an overpayment, but how many teams are trading there 26 year old starter signed for another year and a half at less than 3m? A late first and top prospect ( personally I don’t think Robertson is more than a middle 6 but again personal opinion) isn’t going to break the bank, Freddy letting in 3 on the first 7 last night is the exclamation point on why I feel this way,
True korpisalo may regress in a less defensive system but age, pedigree, contract still make him an attractive option. Purely my own opinion but I think he is just coming into his own and continue to improve, even out side of the cbj system I have no proof of it, just watching him play I’m a fan. So you might not agree but I am well aware of comparables, factors involved and still feel the team would be better, cap wise and skill wise over the next 2 years

He's never played more than 37 games in a season. And his best season still seems to be his first season (.920 sv%).

His numbers really haven't been that great for awhile, and he barely keep the crease.

He looks like a 1B goalie, and I'm not even certain he'd be able to take the crease from Campbell if the Leafs acquired him.

I'd be hesitant to move a first for him, let alone a 1st plus a top prospect.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So on 31 thoughts, the value of Ekholm sounds like Cole Caufield. So, I don't want to hear any prospect is 'Untouchable'.

Eastcoaster84

Feb 11, 2018
NS
He's never played more than 37 games in a season. And his best season still seems to be his first season (.920 sv%).

His numbers really haven't been that great for awhile, and he barely keep the crease.

He looks like a 1B goalie, and I'm not even certain he'd be able to take the crease from Campbell if the Leafs acquired him.

I see it the exact same way, but that is the same way I view Anderson at this point, clear Anderson and bring in a young cheep replacement to play 1-b with Campbell next year
As I also know the thought of a first and prospect is high,
But if you look at developing middle 6 wing and late first really isn’t the gold mine a lot of people on this board make it out to be
Robertson is not the next mcjesus closer to the next kappy

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I’m a Canucks fan who would trade Miller for Sandin+. I don’t think Miller has as much value as Forsberg, who is a little better and a little younger.
Miller is all yours,,keep him

It kinda looks like we are going 4/4 at the exp draft,,that means we lose him

That 5.25m cap hit does not fit us even IF Kerf is gone

Sandin is untouchable

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I like Laughton, think he would add some LW depth also like the avatar pic, I recognize Tkachuk but can't make out who the Hab player is.
for me personally my wish list is in order
Forsberg
Rakell
Iafallo
Paul
Palmeri
and sleeper blockbuster Buchnevich

genk

Nov 15, 2015

I was thinking the same thing. I would trade neither a first nor Robertson for him straight up, let alone combining them PLUS Andersen retained. Holy smokes.

Reactions: Barilko14

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I see it the exact same way, but that is the same way I view Anderson at this point, clear Anderson and bring in a young cheep replacement to play 1-b with Campbell next year
As I also know the thought of a first and prospect is high,
But if you look at developing middle 6 wing and late first really isn’t the gold mine a lot of people on this board make it out to be
Robertson is not the next mcjesus closer to the next kappy

There is way easier ways to get someone to come and and share the crease with Campbell than giving up a first plus top prospect. It also may cost the Leafs Campbell in the expansion draft, so Leafs would be back to square one next summer needing another platoon goalie. The trade makes virtually no sense no matter what angle you look at it.

Considering the flat cap, I don't care that Robertson's ceiling isn't McDavid. If/when he comes in and provides solid secondary scoring for under $1M he's going to incredibly valuable in these next few years.

We are already seeing what can happen with veteran depth options. Thornton and Simmonds looked great out of the gates, but it's looking more and more like several misses again in UFA depth signings. It doesn't hurt to take swings with these guys, but they shouldn't be relied upon. Robertson definitely has top 6 upside, and has some Hyman (he's a puckhound) in his game. He's exactly the type of player that the Leafs need to hold onto. Especially with the flat cap. The only way I move him is for a Forsberg level player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad