Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Wow 11 big hits in 82 games. Clearly a huge issue.

Marchand had half as many cheap-shots just by himself.

The problem is in most of them, I think the best response we had was Frank Vatrano bee lining it to Paquette and trying to fight him after the hit on Krug. Underlying issue where we keep hearing the team likes to play for each other, but a little hard to believe when after our better players are targeted, there's no response.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
At no point did I say I was better than anyone. All I'm doing is offering my opinion, whether you agree or not. In terms of how I'm coming off, I merely respond to people the way they respond to me. In this case, the guy has continually put views on me that are not what I said. He keeps generalizing and stating that I'm against hitting and think it doesn't matter because I said physicality isn't just big hits. If giving someone crap back that is constantly twisting what I've said makes me a dick, then so be it. :laugh:

actually this is another completely false statement by you, but it's expected.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The problem is in most of them, I think the best response we had was Frank Vatrano bee lining it to Paquette and trying to fight him after the hit on Krug. Underlying issue where we keep hearing the team likes to play for each other, but a little hard to believe when after our better players are targeted, there's no response.
Nazem Kadri absolutely murdering Wingels into the boards while he's on his knees in the post season got an angry look from Chara.

There's no way he should have skated off the ice on his own after that display, especially in a 4-1 game.

Last edited:

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA

You know what's an even better response? Winning the game.

The Bruins went 6-3-2 in those 11 games, earning 14 of a possible 20 points.

Even if they don't answer with a fight, their effort and moral was not effected by these hits and they still competed.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I can't tell if you're intentionally being obtuse or lack reading comprehension. I didn't say hits don't matter. At all. In fact, I said the opposite. To help you out, since you so clearly missed the point, I said physical play is physical play regardless of whether the hits are regular run of the mill hits or highlight reel hits that get shown on TSN and ESPN.

But hey, don't let reality get in your way. You're really rolling here...:laugh:

Reality? jesus are you one to talk.

and yes, you have been saying that hits don't matter and that all hits are equal.

the only one that keeps missing the point here is you.

the only who keeps moving goal posts is you.

the only one who keeps changing the argument is you.

you haven't accurately summed up a dam thing I have said in this thread, not once, yet you sit there and preach like a know it all douche and continuously misrepresent other peoples posts.

keep it up though, its entertaining.

'don't let reality get in the way of your blood lust. What you're really saying is that you want random acts of violence, not good hockey.'

maybe when you can knock the hyperbole like the above crap out people can have an actual debate and discussion.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Even if they don't answer with a fight, their effort and moral was not effected by these hits and they still competed.

So they were one game over .500. Impressive. You can actually retaliate and still win. See the 2011 team.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

You know what's effected? Long term health.

You know when that hurts? When trying to go deep in the playoffs

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
So they were one game over .500. Impressive. You can actually retaliate and still win. See the 2011 team.

If only the Bruins had responded they could have won 52 games instead of 50.

As we saw in the 2011 Final, teams are going to throw cheap shots no matter how tough you are. It's how you respond (on the scoresheet) that really matters and proves how tough of a team you are.

This team is young but they are learning how to play through that type of adversity. I say they take another step forward next season.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Ouch, there's me told. :laugh: Don't take yourself so seriously man.

don't throw out the pot kettle comment and not expect anything back.

i don't take myself seriously at all.

but when people want to twist what you are saying (wanting a more physical team) into 'blood lust', 'random acts of violence', 'goons', 'one dimensional meat heads' 'fighters who cant skate', and then start splitting hairs (cherry picking from other convos) the meaning/definition/application of the terms 'physical' 'hitting' 'more physical' 'big hits' it gets old fast, and that's pretty much where most of this went of the rails.

i don't need to argue on a msg board about what shade of blue the sky is when i reference the sky as being blue, its pretty obvious, know what i mean.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If only the Bruins had responded they could have won 52 games instead of 50.

As we saw in the 2011 Final, teams are going to throw cheap shots no matter how tough you are. It's how you respond (on the scoresheet) that really matters and proves how tough of a team you are.

This team is young but they are learning how to play through that type of adversity. I say they take another step forward next season.

Who is your 2RW? 3C? Another year older and wiser goes for the old guys too.

As far as the cheap shots go, perfect illustration. That team rallied and woke up. Started physically destroying and intimidating the Canucks to submission. And I know cheap shots are always going to happen. I would however like to be able to pull up 11 videos from us doing the same.

Reactions: sarge88

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

As far as the cheap shots go, perfect illustration. That team rallied and woke up. Started physically destroying and intimidating the Canucks to submission. And I know cheap shots are always going to happen. I would however like to be able to pull up 11 videos from us doing the same.
Intimidation and toughness don't win hockey games, though.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Reality? jesus are you one to talk.

and yes, you have been saying that hits don't matter and that all hits are equal.

the only one that keeps missing the point here is you.

the only who keeps moving goal posts is you.

the only one who keeps changing the argument is you.

you haven't accurately summed up a dam thing I have said in this thread, not once, yet you sit there and preach like a know it all *****e and continuously misrepresent other peoples posts.

keep it up though, its entertaining.

'don't let reality get in the way of your blood lust. What you're really saying is that you want random acts of violence, not good hockey.'

maybe when you can knock the hyperbole like the above crap out people can have an actual debate and discussion.

People can believe whatever they want, the truth is already in this thread. Starting on page 54, post 1331 is where I state that being physical and big hits are not the same thing. You then extrapolate that out to me saying hits don't matter over and over and over again, despite me posting multiple times that physical play doesn't have to exclusively mean big hits. So yeah. It's me. :laugh:

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA

You can do that, it's called the Brad Marchand highlight reel.

Funny how the hit totals from those games don't reflect any sort of physical dominance.

Outscoring them 21-4 after Game 2 did though.

What it does reflect is how they rallied together after that cheap shot.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Every year the Bruins don't win the Stanley Cup the same people say it's because they aren't "tough enough" and need someone on the fourth line to play 8 minutes and fight.

Some years the team isn't tough enough, but they also tend to not be skilled enough even more. The Bs effort sucked against Tampa for the most part, but what hurt even more was Krejci, Backes, and Rick Nash, three guys with big salaries, did nothing. Also our defense, which includes both Kevan Miller and Adam McQuaid, couldn't make a breakout pass to save their lives.

The Penguins can win two cups without anyone resembling the type of player being advocated for here, and the Knights can make the Final with one guy playing eight minutes every third game. Rosters are made up of 20+ guys, and being tough and physical is important. I love physical hockey myself. But the incessant desire for our very own Ryan ****ing Reeves is the lamest debate for the 8th straight year on this board.

And let the record show, the exact same arguments were made for Zac Rinaldo when we gave up a ****ing 3rd for his useless, dirty corpse.

:clap:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
don't throw out the pot kettle comment and not expect anything back.

i don't take myself seriously at all.

but when people want to twist what you are saying (wanting a more physical team) into 'blood lust', 'random acts of violence', 'goons', 'one dimensional meat heads' 'fighters who cant skate', and then start splitting hairs (cherry picking from other convos) the meaning/definition/application of the terms 'physical' 'hitting' 'more physical' 'big hits' it gets old fast, and that's pretty much where most of this went of the rails.

i don't need to argue on a msg board about what shade of blue the sky is when i reference the sky as being blue, its pretty obvious, know what i mean.

I expected something back, like maybe you recognizing that you were doing the same thing you accused others of doing: moving the goalposts, changing the terms, insisting on being right no matter what. I thought you might stop and have a bit of a laugh about how ridiculous it all is. It's one thing to have an opinion about the team or playing style you'd like to see, but this isn't debating facts, it's 100% subjective. None of this stuff is empirically provable, including how you define physical. Therefore, you get debate and disagreement.

I don't want to argue about it with you any more- if you're good, I'm good with agreeing to disagree about this as it isn't personal. We can move on to other topics and have more fruitful conversations about something else.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
For what it's worth, I heard an interview on NHL Radio yesterday and Shane Hnidy was asked about physical play. He said the game has changed a lot since he retired not too long ago and that the reason you don't see guys going for the big hits unless they know that they have a guy lined up is because players are too fast and elusive and guys don't want to get caught out of position.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nazem Kadri absolutely murdering Wingels into the boards while he's on his knees in the post season got an angry look from Chara.

There's no way he should have skated off the ice on his own after that display, especially in a 4-1 game.

Yeah, that was pretty egregious. I wasn't surprised by the lack of response though, it's what they've done for a long time here. Bergeron gets killed by Jones. No response. Savard gets blown up by Cook, no response. Marchand gets concussed, no response. Loui Eriksson gets concussed, no response. They've got a long history of not responding and turning the other cheek. It's why I said earlier in this thread that it's not a lack of toughness on the roster, but a lack of vocal leadership.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For what it's worth, I heard an interview on NHL Radio yesterday and Shane Hnidy was asked about physical play. He said the game has changed a lot since he retired not too long ago and that the reason you don't see guys going for the big hits unless they know that they have a guy lined up is because players are too fast and elusive and guys don't want to get caught out of position.

Imagine that? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad