Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You have to have players that are willing to run through walls for each other in the play-offs, and guys that hate to lose...Guys that come out of their comfort zones to raise their physicality.. up their effort overall. The regular season is a far different animal. Do you have those kinds of guys?

Reactions: bluetib

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't get it though - are those the lines and the percentage of time he faced them - and why for just those three games?

That graphic is his Matchups for game 5.

Poster I quoted said he was matched up against Stamkos line "most of the time". Yet in 3 of the 5 games, that is not the truth.

Games 2 and 4 he was matched up against Stamkos line. That's not "most of the time"[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I can't tell if you're intentionally being obtuse or lack reading comprehension. I didn't say hits don't matter. At all. In fact, I said the opposite. To help you out, since you so clearly missed the point, I said physical play is physical play regardless of whether the hits are regular run of the mill hits or highlight reel hits that get shown on TSN and ESPN.

But hey, don't let reality get in your way. You're really rolling here...:laugh:
Dude, you're coming off as such a condescending twat. It seems like every response you have towards a post comes across like you're better than everyone. Knock it off, you're not.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Dude, you're coming off as such a condescending ****. It seems like every response you have towards a post comes across like you're better than everyone. Knock it off, you're not.

At no point did I say I was better than anyone. All I'm doing is offering my opinion, whether you agree or not. In terms of how I'm coming off, I merely respond to people the way they respond to me. In this case, the guy has continually put views on me that are not what I said. He keeps generalizing and stating that I'm against hitting and think it doesn't matter because I said physicality isn't just big hits. If giving someone crap back that is constantly twisting what I've said makes me a dick, then so be it. :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
At no point did I say I was better than anyone. All I'm doing is offering my opinion, whether you agree or not. In terms of how I'm coming off, I merely respond to people the way they respond to me. In this case, the guy has continually put views on me that are not what I said. He keeps generalizing and stating that I'm against hitting and think it doesn't matter because I said physicality isn't just big hits. If giving someone crap back that is constantly twisting what I've said makes me a dick, then so be it. :laugh:
To be fair, you've put views on me that aren't what I said either and had the same sort of response to some of the posts I have made. I'm all for a healthy debate, but the high horse crap isn't my cup of tea.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It was also the last time I can remember one of our guys laying into a star player
This is also 100% true. Too many guys get a free pass...

I'll always think of the Ottawa series (I know it wasn't the direct reason they lost) but they knew Karlsson was hurt and it seemed like they had a restraining order from him. NO ONE made life hard on him. Instead he was able to globe trotter the entire Bruins team.

Reactions: Baddkarma

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'll always think of the Ottawa series (I know it wasn't the direct reason they lost) but they knew Karlsson was hurt and it seemed like they had a restraining order from him. NO ONE made life hard on him. Instead he was able to globe trotter the entire Bruins team.

He would not have made it past the 2011 team IMO. He would have been out of the series before it finished.

I want some mean spirited guys. I love our young guys but I'd like them to get more nasty in them. Again, all of this is cosmetic compared to the problems of secondary scoring and a small left side defense after Zee.

Reactions: Fenian24

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

They could do more banging on star players like is done to Marchand, agreed, but I am okay that they didn't target an injured guy by trying to make his injury worse. Everyone's mileage will vary on this, but I've never been fan of winning that way. They probably could have disabled Karlsson simply by tight checking him given his mobility issues (which they didn't do either). I know it's part of the game for many, but if a player is out there with a bad shoulder, I just can't get behind hammering that shoulder repeatedly to injure it further and take the guy out of the game.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
To be fair, you've put views on me that aren't what I said either and had the same sort of response to some of the posts I have made. I'm all for a healthy debate, but the high horse crap isn't my cup of tea.

I love high horses. :laugh:

There's always going to be some gray area on a message board because the reader interprets things and responds, sometimes correctly and sometimes not. What I take issue with is when you clarify a position and state it over and over again, and the person keeps intentionally misrepresenting it, while being condescending. When that happens, I just mimic back the attitude I feel I'm getting. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not, but again, it's the nature of discussing things on the internet.

In terms of this topic, I've been more than clear that playing a more physical game involves more than just big hits. I used several examples of times in a game where there is physical play even if it's not a highlight reel hit. Little two handed chops on the legs. Small cross checks in the back to clear out the front of the net. Face washing. Throwing jabs with a gloved hand during scrums. All of that is very physical, and none of that is something that will be shown on TSN like a big hit will. Those plays absolutely set a tone and let guys know you're not going to take any shit.

Yet what I've continually gotten from BB is that I don't like physical play and I believe it doesn't impact the game in any way, shape, or form. So sure, I've been a little short with my responses, and thrown in a heavy dose of hyperbole on top for good measure.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Did the Penguins do this? How about the Rangers?

You make it sound so easy to target on of the most skilled D-men in the league. And it's not like Karlsson never got hit at all in that series.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did the Penguins do this? How about the Rangers?

You make it sound so easy to target on of the most skilled D-men in the league. And it's not like Karlsson never got hit at all in that series.
If they can't hit a guy playing on one leg they had bigger issues than we thought. I'm not saying go and low bridge the guy. I'm saying swarm him, make him work harder than he had to. He simply had a free pass.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If they can't hit a guy playing on one leg they had bigger issues than we thought. I'm not saying go and low bridge the guy. I'm saying swarm him, make him work harder than he had to. He simply had a free pass.

Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post. I know some were saying we should have gone after the bad leg. That would not have been cool, but I agree they could have made It more difficult on him.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You have to have players that are willing to run through walls for each other in the play-offs, and guys that hate to lose...Guys that come out of their comfort zones to raise their physicality.. up their effort overall. The regular season is a far different animal. Do you have those kinds of guys?

This to me is the real question, not necessarily whether we have enough big hitters or fighters or "intimidators."

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Ok, but what your talking about is a coaching thing far more than it is a personnel thing.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad