TV: Dragon Ball Super (Japanese Sub)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I absolutely love what they're doing with Frieza in this series. I was a bit concerned with bringing him back again but he's showing a bit of respect for Goku and Hogan now. I really don't think any underlying motive materializes and he goes on his way after this arc.

As far as the Grand Priest goes, I really don't think the tournament finishes. I think the GP will show his true colors and the remaining warriors have to take him and some of the angels on (Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Jiren, Toppo are my guesses for the remaining fighters plus probably Beerus and Champa.) Whis and Vados probably fight too after being conflicted about defying their father but ultimately side with their universe's.

Can't wait to see how this plays out.
It's tough to envision the show without him now, honestly. Maybe all of it can end with Frieza becoming the new Grand Priest... :sarcasm:

Having some of the fighters, gods and angels join forces against the GP would be really exciting and dramatic though. There'd be so much character growth potential and the thought of some of those fights and characters working together has me salivating.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
This gif cracks me up. Jiren the... fidget spinner? :laugh:

SPIN.gif

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Some people have said that Frieza is going to try to steal Universe 7's wish if they win the tournament. I think they fail to realize you have to be able to speak the language of the gods to make a wish. Frieza to our knowledge knows nothing of this language.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Ah I'm glad other people are still on the subbed version. I'm really curious to see where this tournament ends up going, especially with Freiza, he seems to essentially be the one with tactics for U7

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yeah. There are so many directions they can potentially take the Frieza plot, I really hope they don't squander the opportunity.

I think him stealing the wish at this point would be a little too obvious. But it would certainly require somebody (who knows the language) being complicit with him.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
So... episode 114 references the birth of a new Super Warrior. Anybody want to hazard a guess at who it is?

Give me a Caulifla/Kale fusion. Or something to do with Universe 4's bugs we haven't seen much of. Just not something Ribrianne related, please.

Maybe it will be Cabba getting SSB or UI? :laugh:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but another thing that could happen regarding the conclusion. Universe 7, most likely Goku, wins. He then says he wants to go to the universes that aren't fighting (1,5,8,12) and test his strength, etc. He also doesn't follow through with his promise to revive Frieza, who obviously gets pissed and somehow breaks out of hell for revenge.. Just a random thought :laugh:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but another thing that could happen regarding the conclusion. Universe 7, most likely Goku, wins. He then says he wants to go to the universes that aren't fighting (1,5,8,12) and test his strength, etc. He also doesn't follow through with his promise to revive Frieza, who obviously gets pissed and somehow breaks out of hell for revenge.. Just a random thought :laugh:

Now that, that would be the most Goku thing ever. Actually now that you mention it, I'd be shocked if this isn't what happens.

I bet Goku's getting the McDonalds arch eyes just thinking about the possibilities those 4 universes could present. :popcorn:

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Frieza is becoming more and more intriguing.

I was exxpecting Goku to be the one to mention use of the Dragonballs to restore other universes, not Vegeta, I can see both Champa and Beerus agreeing with that idea as well.

So much potential character growth from U6 with the Namekians and Saiyens to build and add to U7 character arcs

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I personally don't like how they've developed the U6 saiyans. I mean, they can go ssj for the 1st time just by "oo make this tingly feeling in your back" even though they had zero prior knowledge of the form even existing? And then they just magically go ssj2? Super lame considering what the U7 saiyans had to go through the 1st time. As for Frieza, I guess he doesn't know that the language of the gods is required to make a wish. Unless he knows it lol.

I know it's not being done because they want more suspense/episodes, but Vegeta should just start kicking ass and knocking everyone off the arena :D

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I would've liked to see the Super Saiyan transformations not be so easily attainable for the Universe 6 Saiyans as well, but what can you do. I guess it could be argued that there's very little correlation between the U6 and U7 Saiyans and perhaps the transformation simply isn't as hard to achieve for them.

The way Z handled Trunks and Goten getting the transformation so easily, along with having no problem attaining 3 after fusing as Gotenks kind of set the precedent that we're seeing now. If I had to wager, I'd imagine if the series goes long enough we'll see Pan and Bulla popping up as Super Saiyans too.

Agree completely with the back tingles though. I thought that cheapened their particular transformations more than anything.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
What I don't understand is why Goku, who is still regaining his strength, is resorting to using Super Saiyan 3 next episode against Caulifla and Kale. He's repeatedly stated it's not an effective form because it drains too much energy too quickly. Doesn't make sense.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I too am not happy that the U6 Saiyans seemingly acquire a new transformation every time they appear on the screen. At this point though, I'm just along for the ride and having fun. Not trying to judge it too much. And boy is it fun. DBS has done a good job of introducing (and making me care) about all of these new characters, particularly the U6 bunch.

I am sad Hit is gone though. :( Jiren seems beyond ridiculous.

Frieza is so awesome. I love that he plays a prominent role in the show. Just rotten to the core. The Frost elimination was amazing.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I would've liked to see the Super Saiyan transformations not be so easily attainable for the Universe 6 Saiyans as well, but what can you do. I guess it could be argued that there's very little correlation between the U6 and U7 Saiyans and perhaps the transformation simply isn't as hard to achieve for them.

The way Z handled Trunks and Goten getting the transformation so easily, along with having no problem attaining 3 after fusing as Gotenks kind of set the precedent that we're seeing now. If I had to wager, I'd imagine if the series goes long enough we'll see Pan and Bulla popping up as Super Saiyans too.

Agree completely with the back tingles though. I thought that cheapened their particular transformations more than anything.

In regards to Goten and Trunks, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that it was much easier for them to transform because Goku and Vegeta had already done it so the cells were passed down? Or something along those lines.. Either way, what's done is done I guess.

I think Goku going super 3 is going to lead to Caulifla achieving it as well. Remember earlier he was like "you'll probably reach ssj3 soon"?

Also, fusion is not allowed right?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
In regards to Goten and Trunks, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that it was much easier for them to transform because Goku and Vegeta had already done it so the cells were passed down? Or something along those lines.. Either way, what's done is done I guess.

I think Goku going super 3 is going to lead to Caulifla achieving it as well. Remember earlier he was like "you'll probably reach ssj3 soon"?

Also, fusion is not allowed right?

I don't think there are any explicit rules against fusion. Going to be safe and put potential spoilers below just in case some don't want to know this. Click at your own risk!

You didn't happen to see what episode 115 is titled, did you? :D

Goku vs Kefla.

But yeah, that's a good observation regarding Goku's comment to Caulifla. Interesting to note that the only other character to go SSJ3, Goten + Trunks, got a demonstration from Goku before fusing and achieving it themselves. There are some interesting parallels lining up here.

I do vaguely recall remembering that theory about Goten and Trunks but can't remember if it was the show who alluded to it or fans filling in the blanks. If you compare that explanation to real life in the sense that once knowledge enters the mind something is possible, it becomes more realistic to attain and that it also tends to be true that successive generations seem to have an easier time mastering the things previous ones may have struggled with -- it makes perfect sense. I suppose I'm slightly veering beyond the scope of the show here but it will be really interesting to see how they handle Pan and Bulla if the show runs long enough for us to see them mature. It feels like Goten and Trunks have been the same age (and may even be aging in reverse :laugh:) forever now though, so I'm not holding my breath on that.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I too am not happy that the U6 Saiyans seemingly acquire a new transformation every time they appear on the screen. At this point though, I'm just along for the ride and having fun. Not trying to judge it too much. And boy is it fun. DBS has done a good job of introducing (and making me care) about all of these new characters, particularly the U6 bunch.

I am sad Hit is gone though. :( Jiren seems beyond ridiculous.

Frieza is so awesome. I love that he plays a prominent role in the show. Just rotten to the core. The Frost elimination was amazing.

If Frieza follows through on his threat to hunt down Kale and Caulifla during the rest of the tournament, those could be some really entertaining confrontations as well. The writers have outdone themselves with his character during this entire arc so far.

I agree with you on how well Super has done with introducing new characters too. It's pretty remarkable that they've managed to introduce two characters particularly in Beerus and Whis after 10+ years of both the manga and the anime who feel as integral to the world of Dragon Ball as anyone else. I couldn't imagine the show without them. Expanding the lore with the additions of other universes, gods and angels etc is just the cherry on top and gives them limitless potential to explore so many different things and really take Dragon Ball to a place that the original and Z could never get to.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don't think there are any explicit rules against fusion. Going to be safe and put potential spoilers below just in case some don't want to know this. Click at your own risk!

You didn't happen to see what episode 115 is titled, did you? :D

Goku vs Kefla.

But yeah, that's a good observation regarding Goku's comment to Caulifla. Interesting to note that the only other character to go SSJ3, Goten + Trunks, got a demonstration from Goku before fusing and achieving it themselves. There are some interesting parallels lining up here.

I do vaguely recall remembering that theory about Goten and Trunks but can't remember if it was the show who alluded to it or fans filling in the blanks. If you compare that explanation to real life in the sense that once knowledge enters the mind something is possible, it becomes more realistic to attain and that it also tends to be true that successive generations seem to have an easier time mastering the things previous ones may have struggled with -- it makes perfect sense. I suppose I'm slightly veering beyond the scope of the show here but it will be really interesting to see how they handle Pan and Bulla if the show runs long enough for us to see them mature. It feels like Goten and Trunks have been the same age (and may even be aging in reverse :laugh:) forever now though, so I'm not holding my breath on that.

Remember when Trunks and Goten asked to fight in the tournament, but Vegeta was like the only way you would stand a chance is by fusing and that's against the rules? Have the rules changed? Or was he just saying that so they would stop asking lol. If it's allowed then maybe Goku and Vegeta are going to fuse eventually to beat Jiren. I mean he apparently hasn't come close to using his full power.

As for the ssj3, I completely agree that it makes no sense because Goku has said it's pretty much useless. I don't get why he wants to waste his energy and time trying to get some random saiyans to transform. Like dude, your universe is on the line lol. It can't really be his desire for new challenges either because even if Caulifla goes ssj3 Goku still has blue.. And obviously Jiren is sitting there lol. Seems like some random filler I guess.

What do you think about Vegeta vs Toppo?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Remember when Trunks and Goten asked to fight in the tournament, but Vegeta was like the only way you would stand a chance is by fusing and that's against the rules? Have the rules changed? Or was he just saying that so they would stop asking lol. If it's allowed then maybe Goku and Vegeta are going to fuse eventually to beat Jiren. I mean he apparently hasn't come close to using his full power.

As for the ssj3, I completely agree that it makes no sense because Goku has said it's pretty much useless. I don't get why he wants to waste his energy and time trying to get some random saiyans to transform. Like dude, your universe is on the line lol. It can't really be his desire for new challenges either because even if Caulifla goes ssj3 Goku still has blue.. And obviously Jiren is sitting there lol. Seems like some random filler I guess.

What do you think about Vegeta vs Toppo?

Now I do! Haha, these are the things that easily slip my mind. Yeah, I would imagine that was just Vegeta's way of putting an end to their participation knowing that they'd be wasting at least one spot since the kids are useless unless fused. But, I like your thinking... this would be an excellent opportunity to finally make Gogeta canon if fusing is allowed in the rules. I mean, Vegito's great but he's been somewhat nerfed with the fusion's power output limiting the time the Potara earrings allow them to stay fused. It's certainly tough to see anybody taking out Jiren otherwise.

We can't even begin to get inside Goku's head when it comes to the things he does sometimes... :laugh:. His naivety knows no bounds. It's part of his charm but he has a constant tendency to not look at the bigger picture and ignores common sense if there's a battle to be had. I guess we sort of got a taste of it with Goku Black, but it would've been interesting to see what type of character a Goku that never bumped his noggin would've been in an alternate Dragon Ball universe.

Vegeta vs Toppo... if Vegeta doesn't win, the Zenos need to erase U7 immediately.

Just kidding lol. But Vegeta needs a statement win in this tournament and it kind of feels like this is setting up to be it. IIRC, we didn't really get to see if Toppo could handle SSB Goku w/ Kaioken in the pre-tournament fight since it was stopped by the GP but it felt like it was going to be pretty even so Vegeta's going to need to have something up his sleeve if he wants to win. If he eliminates Toppo and someone else eliminates Dyspo, Jiren will have no choice but to snap out of his meditation you'd think.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
As far as fusion goes, I think the fusion dance will be fine since it's a technique and not an item like the potara earring (but then again Zeno allowed the mafuba jars to be used because they were cool so who knows).

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
On the topic of discrepancies, outside interference seems to be subject to the whims of the Zenos and GP as well.

Frost was immediately erased for trying to interfere after being eliminated yet Krillin, Tien and Roshi were allowed to lend their energy to Goku's Spirit Bomb. And the U2 girls held up their glowstick thingies to aid Ribrianne's transformation.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
regarding fusion, i guess if 2 people who are included fuse it would be fine as they're already listed as fighters, but if you tried to go in fused then you'd have an extra fighter?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
In regards to Vegeta vs Toppo.. Goku blue was basically even with Toppo so simple logic says Vegeta blue would be equal as well. However, don't forget that before the final trip to fight black, Vegeta went into the time chamber while Goku learned the mafuba. Vegeta also went in again while Goku was recruiting the team for the tournament of power. So I think it's safe to say that SSB Vegeta is currently stronger than SSB Goku. How much stronger is a mystery obviously. But I also think Vegeta unlocked/discovered something in the time chamber. The guy isn't an idiot, when he knows someone is stronger than him he admits it (cell games, ssj2 Gohan, Goku vs buu, etc). But he didn't seem worried about Toppo at all and wanted to fight Jiren himself too. Pretty sure he's hiding something. :nod:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
In regards to Vegeta vs Toppo.. Goku blue was basically even with Toppo so simple logic says Vegeta blue would be equal as well. However, don't forget that before the final trip to fight black, Vegeta went into the time chamber while Goku learned the mafuba. Vegeta also went in again while Goku was recruiting the team for the tournament of power. So I think it's safe to say that SSB Vegeta is currently stronger than SSB Goku. How much stronger is a mystery obviously. But I also think Vegeta unlocked/discovered something in the time chamber. The guy isn't an idiot, when he knows someone is stronger than him he admits it (cell games, ssj2 Gohan, Goku vs buu, etc). But he didn't seem worried about Toppo at all and wanted to fight Jiren himself too. Pretty sure he's hiding something. :nod:

I know, I know!

Hearkening back to the "don't slap my Bulma" scene, it's gotta be SSJ Blue Rage. Which shall henceforth be referred to as SSJ Blue "Don't Call Me Second Fiddle". :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad