TV: Dragon Ball Super (Japanese Sub)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't disagree with either of you, but there were parts of it I really enjoyed. The more focussed episodes bring about a nice change of pace.

Liked seeing Caulifla and Kale teaming up on Goku and using strategy. We haven't seen enough tactical fighting between teammates during this arc. She finally got a named attack too which was nice to see. Also thought that Super finally did justice to the SSJ3 transformation but it's disappointing that they teased us with it and only showed the form for a couple moments. There were also some patches of rough animation and art at times compared to the last handful of episodes, Goku was drawn really poorly in his base form.

I didn't particularly care for Kale a ton coming into this arc but I've liked how they've developed her character and find the dynamic between her and Caulifla to be well done. I hope that they keep God and other power levels they've yet to achieve out of reach for the time being.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Also, big fan of Kafla's design. Can't wait to see her in action.

A little surprised it's a Potara fusion instead of fusion dance. Guess this lowers the chances of seeing Gogeta become canon if Goku and Vegeta team up to take on Jiren later on.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don't mind the U6 saiyans actual character, I just don't like their development. And I get that Goku is fatigued but come on, he's had a life of training and went head to head with Beerus. It's very hard to convince me that Caulifla is giving him an even fight, it makes zero sense. Admittedly I am the impatient type, but I'd rather see all the Cauliflas and Piccolos knocked off and just have the absolute strongest duking it out.

I don't know about the potara fusion either. Aren't the earrings an item? And I assume they'll come with outside interference so that's 2 rules broken lol. I just hope it doesn't lead to everyone else doing the same thing, that would get boring fast. But I wouldn't mind Vegito making an appearance :thumbu:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don't disagree with either of you, but there were parts of it I really enjoyed. The more focussed episodes bring about a nice change of pace.

Liked seeing Caulifla and Kale teaming up on Goku and using strategy. We haven't seen enough tactical fighting between teammates during this arc. She finally got a named attack too which was nice to see. Also thought that Super finally did justice to the SSJ3 transformation but it's disappointing that they teased us with it and only showed the form for a couple moments. There were also some patches of rough animation and art at times compared to the last handful of episodes, Goku was drawn really poorly in his base form.

I didn't particularly care for Kale a ton coming into this arc but I've liked how they've developed her character and find the dynamic between her and Caulifla to be well done. I hope that they keep God and other power levels they've yet to achieve out of reach for the time being.

If those rugrats get the God powers.. :help:

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
the only real takeaway i got from this is Goku is teaching them to be stronger to train himself for ultra instinct.

I think Whis hinted at it talking about distance movements reactions etc,

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't mind the U6 saiyans actual character, I just don't like their development. And I get that Goku is fatigued but come on, he's had a life of training and went head to head with Beerus. It's very hard to convince me that Caulifla is giving him an even fight, it makes zero sense. Admittedly I am the impatient type, but I'd rather see all the Cauliflas and Piccolos knocked off and just have the absolute strongest duking it out.

I don't know about the potara fusion either. Aren't the earrings an item? And I assume they'll come with outside interference so that's 2 rules broken lol. I just hope it doesn't lead to everyone else doing the same thing, that would get boring fast. But I wouldn't mind Vegito making an appearance :thumbu:

You leave my Caulifla, her "atatatatatatata's" and her sis alone! :laugh:

But yeah, I thought it was a little farfetched that she was adapting so quickly and giving Goku as much trouble as she did on her own but they seem to be really driving home the point that she possesses infinite potential slowly being realized the more she fights. I honestly believe the rules are completely irrelevant at this point since we've seen items used in previous episodes and outside interference as well.

On fusion... my friends want to see Gokhan instead of Vegito as a bit of fan service since it was teased but never happened during the Buu arc. I dunno... I'm glad Gohan dropped that earring and would much rather see Vegito again instead. A Goku + Gohan pairing just seems wrong.

If those rugrats get the God powers.. :help:

Just wait until she ascends beyond the level of an actual God... it's coming and you will enjoy it :P

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
the only real takeaway i got from this is Goku is teaching them to be stronger to train himself for ultra instinct.

I think Whis hinted at it talking about distance movements reactions etc,
The conversation between Whis and Beerus about Ultra Instinct was pretty interesting and seemed to be hinting that it may be a form that will take a bit of time for Goku to master. Whis in particular seemed to insinuate that Goku lucked into it and it's something that he won't just be able to tap into again without a lot more training.

I love the form but I'd prefer it that way. Giving Goku something to work towards that's out of reach at the moment will keep the show more interesting in the long run.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
On fusion, id definitely prefer Vegito over Gokhan. I just wonder what retcon would happen to make Vegito last more than 2 minutes when using blue. There's no way they could take on Jiren or GP in that amount of time so there would have to be some sort of retcon to fix that, if there even is a universe 7 fusion.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

He is holding back like he always does unless he is actually outclassed.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
On fusion, id definitely prefer Vegito over Gokhan. I just wonder what retcon would happen to make Vegito last more than 2 minutes when using blue. There's no way they could take on Jiren or GP in that amount of time so there would have to be some sort of retcon to fix that, if there even is a universe 7 fusion.

A retcon to the retcon.

I hate how they neutered the potential of the the Potara fusion during the Zamasu arc. They really should've just left it alone and kept it as it was during the Buu arc.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Goku is using Caulifla as a warmup in the middle of a tournament where he fights for his universe's survival. This is badass on so many levels.

He had the upper hand against her in his base form while she was at full power in SSJ 2.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Goku is using Caulifla as a warmup in the middle of a tournament where he fights for his universe's survival. This is badass on so many levels.

He had the upper hand against her in his base form while she was at full power in SSJ 2.

He's not really using her as a warmup, he's just tired from the previous fight. He's been fighting for 30 minutes, don't think he needs to warm up. At least I don't think he does lol.. And I disagree, it's not badass at all. More of him being a naive dumbass as usual lol.

It was about even, but obviously Goku would stomp if he goes even SSJ. I wonder what form he's going to use against kefla. I have a feeling Frieza is going to jump in and knock out kefla as he's made it pretty well known he's going after all the saiyans.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He's not really using her as a warmup, he's just tired from the previous fight. He's been fighting for 30 minutes, don't think he needs to warm up. At least I don't think he does lol.. And I disagree, it's not badass at all. More of him being a naive dumbass as usual lol.

It was about even, but obviously Goku would stomp if he goes even SSJ. I wonder what form he's going to use against kefla. I have a feeling Frieza is going to jump in and knock out kefla as he's made it pretty well known he's going after all the saiyans.

He is going SSJ3 and then Blue to beat them. He's slowly building up his energy to face Jiren again. He's recovering while fighting. Don't ask me how that makes sense, but it was hinted by Whis.

I like the idea that Vegeta is hiding something. If not him, I'd like Gohan or Frieza to win the tournament. Frieza in particular would make things interesting.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I could see Gohan getting knocked off by one of the Universe 4 insect things. Or by Dyspo. It kind of feels like Gohan is destined to be a disappointment this arc.

The coolest thing he did was deflect that bird thing's blast to save Roshi.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
He is going SSJ3 and then Blue to beat them. He's slowly building up his energy to face Jiren again. He's recovering while fighting. Don't ask me how that makes sense, but it was hinted by Whis.

I like the idea that Vegeta is hiding something. If not him, I'd like Gohan or Frieza to win the tournament. Frieza in particular would make things interesting.

Probably something like Goku SSJ3 beats them but doesn't knock them, then Frieza does the job (similar to Cabba).

Vegeta definitely has something up his sleeve. Otherwise he wouldn't just randomly want to fight Jiren after seeing what he did to Goku. I can't see Frieza or Gohan winning though because no way they can beat Jiren. Unless Goku/Vegeta and Jiren knock each other off together?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Probably something like Goku SSJ3 beats them but doesn't knock them, then Frieza does the job (similar to Cabba).

Vegeta definitely has something up his sleeve. Otherwise he wouldn't just randomly want to fight Jiren after seeing what he did to Goku. I can't see Frieza or Gohan winning though because no way they can beat Jiren. Unless Goku/Vegeta and Jiren knock each other off together?

They can have Goku knock out Jiren and then be knocked out by someone else. Both Frieza and Gohan appear to have a strategy to be the last one standing.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
They can have Goku knock out Jiren and then be knocked out by someone else. Both Frieza and Gohan appear to have a strategy to be the last one standing.

I disagree. I can't see Goku losing to Jiren, obtaining a new form, coming back to beat him, only to get knocked out by someone else. Nothing like that has ever happened before in db history.

Frieza is as clever as they come for sure, but I don't know about Gohan. He couldn't even figure out basic things like dealing with the "invisible sniper", using smoke as cover or how to deal with instant transmission, which was childs play for Frieza. And those are just examples from the tournament. Without Piccolo or Goku babysitting him he's easily exposed imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad