TV: Dragon Ball Super (Japanese Sub)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
That scene was so damn good, the whole episode was really.

My only gripe so far is there has been hardly any universe fight with anyone aside from 6/7 as far as I can recall

I'm okay with that. Hard to get a grip on characters real power levels without them fighting somebody we already somewhat have an idea on. Plus it would be hard to care too much about that non 6 or 7 fighter without any background.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
122 was pretty good as well. Obviously Vegeta wasn't going to beat Jiren with just SSJB, but he put up a better fight than UI Goku. But he's going to get a new power up next episode. SSJB2? UI in SSJB? Hopefully he gets to be the last one standing. Btw, told y'all awhile ago that he was hiding a new power up :nod:

Surprised that Frieza was getting beat by Dyspo. He seems clearly out matched, but golden should be strong enough to win?

Toppo was about equal to SSJB Goku, who Gohan seemed to have the edge against. Even if all 3 are roughly equal it still makes zero sense that a Gohan kamehameha has absolutely zero effect on Toppo. I think it's a pretty clear hint that Gohan and 17 are done, unless Gohan has something else up his sleeve.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
122 was pretty good as well. Obviously Vegeta wasn't going to beat Jiren with just SSJB, but he put up a better fight than UI Goku. But he's going to get a new power up next episode. SSJB2? UI in SSJB? Hopefully he gets to be the last one standing. Btw, told y'all awhile ago that he was hiding a new power up :nod:

Surprised that Frieza was getting beat by Dyspo. He seems clearly out matched, but golden should be strong enough to win?

Toppo was about equal to SSJB Goku, who Gohan seemed to have the edge against. Even if all 3 are roughly equal it still makes zero sense that a Gohan kamehameha has absolutely zero effect on Toppo. I think it's a pretty clear hint that Gohan and 17 are done, unless Gohan has something else up his sleeve.

Que?

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Super small sample size obviously but when Goku and Gohan fought, Goku only got 1 punch in and Gohan got a couple in. Goku had to power up to kaioken to take Gohan out, so I'd say Gohan ~ SSJB Goku.

I took it as Goku going SSB against everyone to test their mettle. I just re-watched the fight and I am quite certain that Goku went Kaioken to show Gohan his true power, which Gohan asked for. I don't think he was forced to go kaioken, or even SSB against Gohan... He just wanted to.

I've watched Dragon Ball for over 20 years and it makes literally zero sense to have Mystic Gohan compete with SSB Goku here. It's like thinking Krillin was actually competing against SSB Goku when they were shooting Kamehameha's at each other. It doesn't match up to the story, nor does it match Goku as a character.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Vegeta finally getting a new form that Goku doesn't have
I've been wishing for super saiyan power ups to branch off for Gohan and Vegeta for a while. It's lame that everyone's been playing catch-up with Goku for so long.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ultra instinct is terrilbe (i mean, so it every transformation in super), hopefully theres a "real" version of ultra instinct coming. Kind of how they dumped SSG in the trash after one movie.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I have to say after the first 3 seasons, the show has been mediocre. I liked the Champa saga and thats it. I really wanted to like the Future Trunks saga but good lord it was just awful. Why do they keep shooting at Goku black with guns? It obviously don't work so why do they keep doing it throughout the entire arc? I was just scratching my head at so many things all throughout. I hate to say it but I consider that arc awful.

This arc has been a lot better but I still don't love it. The power levels dont make any sense especially when it got to kefla.

The main thing I like about the series is that the continuity from previous series is pretty good. They finally acknowledged mystic gohan, referenced the mafuuken, and a few other things that I like. On the other hand, Im pretty sure they retconned the kai earring fusion. They were supposed to be permanent, not just for kais.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ultra instinct is terrilbe (i mean, so it every transformation in super), hopefully theres a "real" version of ultra instinct coming. Kind of how they dumped SSG in the trash after one movie.

It's my favorite transformation in Dragon Ball yet. The fighting style is unique and its understated appearance looks incredible. Once Goku actually masters the offensive capabilities of it and can use it in more than just a defensive manner, it will be even better.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Interested in seeing Vegeta's upgraded SSB form in action against Jiren. I wonder if it's on par with SSB w/ KK x20 or if it's superior to Goku in that form.

Still feels like the tournament is heading towards a Vegito fusion where they master the full capability of Ultra Instinct while fused. I don't see how Jiren is defeated otherwise. Unless Universe 7 wins by default due to having more remaining fighters once the time remaining expires.

Dyspo is really annoying me. I hope Golden Frieza pummels him into the dirt.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Interested in seeing Vegeta's upgraded SSB form in action against Jiren. I wonder if it's on par with SSB w/ KK x20 or if it's superior to Goku in that form.

Still feels like the tournament is heading towards a Vegito fusion where they master the full capability of Ultra Instinct while fused. I don't see how Jiren is defeated otherwise. Unless Universe 7 wins by default due to having more remaining fighters once the time remaining expires.

Dyspo is really annoying me. I hope Golden Frieza pummels him into the dirt.

I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
In other news... Dragon Ball Super potentially ending after the Tournament of Power arc? Going on hiatus so the top animators can focus on the new DB movie? Letting the manga catch up? Organizing a search for the re-casting of Bulma?

Maybe Jiren's power skyrockets so high he spontaneously combusts and destroys all known traces of the universes.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
In other news... Dragon Ball Super potentially ending after the Tournament of Power arc? Going on hiatus so the top animators can focus on the new DB movie? Letting the manga catch up? Organizing a search for the re-casting of Bulma?

Maybe Jiren's power skyrockets so high he spontaneously combusts and destroys all known traces of the universes.

It makes sense, they probably need time to write the next arc and the manga needs to catch up to the anime. Super has been on air non-stop for more than 2 years now.

I don't think it will be the end of Super, they just brought back Frieza and we still know nothing about the Grand Priest or Zeno.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
No way it doesn't come back at some point. It's really popular and it seems like there will be so many unanswered questions. I don't mind it if it allows them to write a good story without rushing it.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah Gohan was outmatched in the final ten fighters or so. Just nowhere near the power of blue/golden/dypso’s speed/Jiren. Smart play on his part to take out himself and Dypso. I think this ends with 17 and Frieza taking out Toppo with 17 going out. Then Frieza/Goku/Vegeta vs Jiren. I’m worried about how they’re going to end this though. Really hope they had an ending in mind from the start.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Is it wrong of me to say that have been spoiled by DBZ-A? I haven't seen Super, but it's hard for me to watch DBZ after going through the Abridged version.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think the show (Super, not the franchise as a whole) has mostly been complete trash that feels like it's written by a teenager, but overall I liked the direction of the final episode and the send-off.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I went from really pissed off at the usual DBZ not kill your enemy and let them talk and power up routine to really excited seeing Goku and Frieza fight together.

That shot of those two running alongside the blasts that 17 shot was so good.

No one should be surprised at the wish or end result. Pretty safe and DBZ like. At no time did I feel that 7 was going to lose and knew the others would be brought back. Still good to watch at moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad