TV: Dragon Ball Super (Japanese Sub)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
And a little off topic from this discussion, but who do you guys think the strongest GoD is?

We haven't seen them all in a fight, but Beerus has to be one of the strongest.

I disagree. I can't see Goku losing to Jiren, obtaining a new form, coming back to beat him, only to get knocked out by someone else. Nothing like that has ever happened before in db history.

Frieza is as clever as they come for sure, but I don't know about Gohan. He couldn't even figure out basic things like dealing with the "invisible sniper", using smoke as cover or how to deal with instant transmission, which was childs play for Frieza. And those are just examples from the tournament. Without Piccolo or Goku babysitting him he's easily exposed imo.

Goku could be completely exhausted and be knocked out by someone else taking advantage of Goku's exhaustion. Gohan lacks battle experience but he is smart. Remember in the Zen Exhibition Match, he was fighting Basil of the Trio de Dangers and got blinded by his poison. He thought of using SSJ to reflect his energy to locate him and beat him. Gohan is all about teamwork, he teamed up with Frieza to betray Frost.

Frieza has a good chance as anyone to win this tournament. Aside from Jiren and Goku, he's arguably the most powerful of the other fighters and he wants to win the Super Dragon Balls to come back to life and gain immortality.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Did not expect to see Ultra Instinct again so soon. Kind of fitting it emerges once again versus Kefla though.

I absolutely love Kefla's attacks. Their designs are pretty damn neat. I don't know who I enjoy seeing Goku fight more, her or Jiren.

Oh, and Jiren awakens. Next episode should be lit. Would still like to see a bit more of Vegeta vs Toppo and Gohan/Piccolo vs the Namekians.

17 is a boss. Short scene but hilarious.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Goku ultra instinct should take out Kefla pretty easily. I hope the ultra instinct SSJB that's been reported isn't brought out until his Jiren rematch. Agreed about Vegeta and Gohan. Apparently Vegeta hasn't gotten serious yet and Gohan isn't mystic yet either so I assume that would be happening soon. Unless it's just a love fest for Goku lol.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I asked the GoD question because of the manga. Do you guys follow the manga at all?

I haven't kept up with the manga, no. Probably will revisit it and catch up over the Holidays though.

Goku ultra instinct should take out Kefla pretty easily. I hope the ultra instinct SSJB that's been reported isn't brought out until his Jiren rematch. Agreed about Vegeta and Gohan. Apparently Vegeta hasn't gotten serious yet and Gohan isn't mystic yet either so I assume that would be happening soon. Unless it's just a love fest for Goku lol.

As long as SSJB UI retains the aura and the different fighting style that Goku has with it in base form, I'll be okay with this. It's such a unique transformation, I'd hate to see its identity kind of bleed into the lack of differentiation the other SSJ forms have fallen prey to.

With only 19 minutes left, it's time to eliminate some of the weaker fighters left already. Just waiting for Gohan to do something, mystic or otherwise lol.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Forgot to mention in my original post, once again Frieza just cracks me up. So nonchalant about avoiding that Kefla energy blast.

Show will feel weird if he doesn't stick around in some capacity or appear from time to time after this arc concludes.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm surprised to see SSB Kaioken defeated by Kefla. Obviously UI is way out of Kefla's league, and with Jiren waking up, I can see Goku eliminating Kefla quickly to fight Jiren while his UI lasts.

Forgot to mention in my original post, once again Frieza just cracks me up. So nonchalant about avoiding that Kefla energy blast.

Show will feel weird if he doesn't stick around in some capacity or appear from time to time after this arc concludes.

He's going to find a way to come back to life somehow. He's too smart, too strong and too entertaining to be left out. Frieza is the best villain for sure.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
117 was pretty lame but today's episode was 1 of the best imo. Finally got rid of that annoying love crap and that Goku+Gohan kamehameha scene was TOO bad ass. And it looks like Vegeta is going to stomp next episode so all around excellent :nod:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Okay... let's get this thread moving again.

Man, episode 121 gave me chills in the latter half. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere as good as it was and thought Anilaza was going to turn out to be a joke but was glad to see him threaten U7 to the extent that he did. Liked the character design too, pretty unique as far as Dragon Ball goes since it can get pretty derivative and stale at times.

Seems like there's much more of a focus on teamwork in these last handful of episodes as the tournament nears its conclusion. Was wondering when we were going to see Frieza actually do something instead of seeing him utter the odd line in a cut away here and there. Everybody powering up to their max forms and attacking Anilaza is up there right behind Goku going UI as my favorite moment of this arc.

#17 being the hero and stealing the spotlight ='s <3 ... I mean, it was obvious that was going to happen after #18 sacrificed herself for him but it was handled well. Much better than Trunks' asspull at the end of the Future arc.

Next episode preview looks ridiculously good. Gonna be interesting to see who fights who and who gets eliminated first. Anything other than Goku/Frieza/Jiren being the final 3 will shock me, to be honest.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
17 looks wild with his hair flying all over the place. The animation in this episode was so damn amazing.

giphy.gif

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
That scene was so damn good, the whole episode was really.

My only gripe so far is there has been hardly any universe fight with anyone aside from 6/7 as far as I can recall

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
That scene was so damn good, the whole episode was really.

My only gripe so far is there has been hardly any universe fight with anyone aside from 6/7 as far as I can recall
Yeah, that's a good point. There's been the odd fight or two shown for a bit that didn't involve either but not a lot more than that.

Finding myself wanting to see a lot more of quite a few characters from the various universes as this arc goes along so hoping the theories that all the universes will be merged after the tournament comes to pass.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Yup 121 was a very good episode. Can't Frieza use 2 hands to attack though? :laugh:

The preview for 122 shows Vegeta actually getting damaging shots in on Jiren and giving him a scared look which forces him to actually block the final flash.. UI Goku didn't even damage Jiren or seem to give him any stress at all before firing the spirit bomb. So is Vegeta going to reveal a new power up? Or is he getting that "attacking" style of UI to balance Goku's "defensive" one?

Also it's 5v3, I can't see that lasting too long. I'm pretty sure 17 and Dyspo are out next but who lasts until the end? I hope they don't use the same route as every time and give Goku a new transformation to be the hero. So boring. In my perfect scenario Vegeta wins, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Gohan win. Everyone is eliminated, Gohan taps into new power and beats Jiren. I wouldn't mind Frieza either but I can't see it. When has the bad guy ever "won" in db? A lot of the rumors are saying Goku with his defense UI and Vegeta with the attack UI are going to fuse to get Vegito full UI. That would be cool too and I guess it will be needed to beat Jiren. Actually anything other than Goku overcoming the odds for the millionth time would be cool lol.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I was determined to just watch the English Dub a few weeks ago but I gave in and marathoned all of Super and caught up. God damn this show has really hit its pace. This arc is unlike anything they've done before. Pretty easily my favorite of Super. Just a ridiculous amount of plot and good fighting. So many scenarios I never imaged happening like Frieza working with them, Piccolo fighting other Namekians, Gohan being useful. Every character from Universe 7 got his moment except Tien really. Glad they didn't just make it all about Goku.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yup 121 was a very good episode. Can't Frieza use 2 hands to attack though? :laugh:

The preview for 122 shows Vegeta actually getting damaging shots in on Jiren and giving him a scared look which forces him to actually block the final flash.. UI Goku didn't even damage Jiren or seem to give him any stress at all before firing the spirit bomb. So is Vegeta going to reveal a new power up? Or is he getting that "attacking" style of UI to balance Goku's "defensive" one?

Also it's 5v3, I can't see that lasting too long. I'm pretty sure 17 and Dyspo are out next but who lasts until the end? I hope they don't use the same route as every time and give Goku a new transformation to be the hero. So boring. In my perfect scenario Vegeta wins, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Gohan win. Everyone is eliminated, Gohan taps into new power and beats Jiren. I wouldn't mind Frieza either but I can't see it. When has the bad guy ever "won" in db? A lot of the rumors are saying Goku with his defense UI and Vegeta with the attack UI are going to fuse to get Vegito full UI. That would be cool too and I guess it will be needed to beat Jiren. Actually anything other than Goku overcoming the odds for the millionth time would be cool lol.

That would be so badass. I never thought about at all until now. It would make sense too as Goku's style is more dodgey and Vegeta's all about power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->