Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Samuelsson is the type of player our organization needs. He's probably going to play 15 seasons in the league, 10 of them in the top 4, and he can defend better than any player in this draft other than Dahlin. We have a lot of young defensemen who can't defend. Our defense is a disaster, and its not just AV's system. It was good to add Hajek, Lindgren and Rykov, but you can't bank on those 3 to change the defensive struggles themselves. If we take a defensemen early, likely a two way or offensive guy, I think you consider taking a defensive guy later in the first.

I don't even know that many of the late first considerations have higher upside than Samuelsson, regardless of style of play. If he's available late first, you draft him. He's tremendously underrated, if thats his draft range.

Eh, i don't like Samuelsson, he's just very meh to me and i don't see the top 4 upside.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Ottawa was willing to give away Karlsson to give away Ryan. Dealing Ryan is literally the most important thing they do moving fwd. They are so financially tight that anything they can do to breathe is a good thing. Point is this, maybe we say "hey take this third rounder and a prospect as well" so they can sell it to their fan base.

I'd give them our latest first and take back Ryan for the 5th overall.

#5, #8, and #28 or something? Or better yet #5, #8, and #16 if Boston gets bounced in the first round? You can do real damage with that haul.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

#5, #8, and #28 or something? Or better yet #5, #8, and #16 if Boston gets bounced in the first round? You can do real damage with that haul.
Boston's pick won't become 16 if they get eliminated from the first round.

I think it goes:
Stanley Cup Winner
Stanley Cup Finalist
Conference Finalists
Division winners

Then everyone else in order of points.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

That is my theory on it but Boston will be further back, even still it's 3 picks in the first round and 2 possibly in the top 10. This draft has a lot of talent in it, might as well try and get as many shots up high as you can. Might even be able to flip Zucc of a RFA for another pick.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016

I think it goes:
Stanley Cup Winner
Stanley Cup Finalist
Conference Finalists
Division winners

I think Boston's pick is 27-26 right now if they are bounced in the second round

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I think it goes:
Stanley Cup Winner
Stanley Cup Finalist
Conference Finalists
Division winners

No, it’s Cup winner, Cup loser, then the two conference losers, with the team with the better record being the loser ranked team. After that, it’s based upon record.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Probably depends on if he feels this is then on a hot streak, or what he expects from them.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Rangers view both guys. Not just from a playing standpoint, but also contractually.

Kreider has two years left on his deal, and I believe Zibanejad has a movement clause in his contract after this next season.

I wonder what a package of Kreider and Zibanejad could bring. Could you package those two for say, Draisaitl from Edmonton? It could perhaps be sold as, hey, look, take these two playoff performers for your young center who has #1C potential but will always be your #2C behind McDavid, and you get back a bit of experience and maturity to help your team stay out of the dumps, but while also staying fairly young and talented.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I can see Edmonton reaching for Bouchard. Would mean either Hughes, Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, or Boqvist drops out of the top 7. Sign me up for any of those players at 8th overall.

Reactions: GregSirico

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I wonder what a package of Kreider and Zibanejad could bring. Could you package those two for say, Draisaitl from Edmonton? It could perhaps be sold as, hey, look, take these two playoff performers for your young center who has #1C potential but will always be your #2C behind McDavid, and you get back a bit of experience and maturity to help your team stay out of the dumps, but while also staying fairly young and talented.
Zib + DK for Draisaitl is an overpayment. Look at what he's making as well. He's got a big hefty contract. What I think is possible is something like Kreider and a pick for Draisaitl.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

I think it goes:
Stanley Cup Winner
Stanley Cup Finalist
Conference Finalists
Division winners

My bad, so.... 5, 8, 23? Still nice.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No, it’s Cup winner, Cup loser, then the two conference losers, with the team with the better record being the loser ranked team. After that, it’s based upon record.
I'm reasonably sure that division winners still get their slot. Otherwise why was Montreal picking after Columbus and Minnesota's pick last year?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Tkachuk over Svechnikov and Zadina is bananas

He has a lot of guys who I have seen higher pretty low. K'Andre Miller at 56 is the lowest I have seen him

Drury's nephew at 43 is the highest I have seen him

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Tkachuk over Svechnikov and Zadina is bananas

He has a lot of guys who I have seen higher pretty low. K'Andre Miller at 56 is the lowest I have seen him

Drury's nephew at 43 is the highest I have seen him
A lot of boards have Tkachuk in the top 4. I've seen him as high as 2 on some boards as well. A lot of scouts are uber high on him.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
I think there’s a better chance the Oilers pass the Rangers than the Isles.
Ive been praying for all 3 but I'm starting to lose hope, maybe too much tunnel vision
goaltending is killing Chicago, Oilers aren't good outside of their 2 big names, islanders are horrible the next 8 years will be the same as the last 8 with Barzal replacing JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad