Doug Weight

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He pretty much has to go. He is seriously in the conversation for worst head coach in league history with the likes of Pierre or Johnny Mac. If he isn't fired season ticket holders should sue the team for refunds, but I am very confident he is gone shortly after the season ends.

Isles75

Jan 29, 2007
Long Island
Yup, keep Weight away from the PP. The PK too. Really, most hockey-related stuff. And no clipboards for Cappy. Actually, maybe we should just go in another direction entirely. If we're going to clean house, let's fumigate the place and get rid of all of the stench of the last 12 years.

I recall some loving the decision to keep Doug Weight on as full-time coach. They eat up all the culture change/new blood crap that Doug Weight was gonna infuse into the Islanders from behind the bench. Meanwhile, some of us saw right through that crap. We were well aware that Weight had been the assistant head coach and player here for the last 10 plus years and he wasn't changing anything. That right there shows you how stupid Garth Snow and company thinks Isles fans really are. That they think they can take a guy that had been part of the problem for well over 10 years and tell you he is gonna be the fixer.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He pretty much has to go. He is seriously in the conversation for worst head coach in league history with the likes of Pierre or Johnny Mac. If he isn't fired season ticket holders should sue the team for refunds, but I am very confident he is gone shortly after the season ends.

Staple noted in his latest Q&A that there is actually a chance that Weight could stay on for next season because it would require L&M to eat 5 total contracts (Weight, Richardson, Buchberger, Cronin, Gomez).

You aren't getting any reputable head coach in here if they can't hand pick their own assistants.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Staple noted in his latest Q&A that there is actually a chance that Weight could stay on for next season because it would require L&M to eat 5 total contracts (Weight, Richardson, Buchberger, Cronin, Gomez).

You aren't getting any reputable head coach in here if they can't hand pick their own assistants.
If there is any truth to that than the idea that they are slumlord owners in the mold of Wang, Gluckshmuck and Millstupid and Gang of 4 is 100% correct.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

no please no ...

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006

Wouldn't we only have to keep paying them as long as they don't take other jobs in the NHL??

Some might take time off but some of the other guys might want to get with a new org ASAP..

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wouldn't we only have to keep paying them as long as they don't take other jobs in the NHL??

Some might take time off but some of the other guys might want to get with a new org ASAP..

Don't know the answer to that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why the hell would an unproven coaching staff get multi year deals?

That was my thinking. Can't imagine they received anything longer than two year deals, but we've also seen that DiPietro contract recently enough...

Isles75

Jan 29, 2007
Long Island
Sometimes in business you realize your gonna have to take a hit either way. Now or later, A loss is a loss either way and you move on the wiser. The new owners have to decide how much of a loss they want to take. Paying Garth Snow and his cronies to take a permanent vacation on them anywhere but here, might be the wiser move to mitigate the damage going foward.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Eat those contracts now or take a hit at the box office for years to come.

Reactions: nyisles and Axe Man

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Eat those contracts now or take a hit at the box office for years to come.

I agree. It’s a no brainer.

Weight and his legion of guys have no business running a show in the NHL

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I keep getting that sickly feeling that we are not going to see any changes.....god i hope i am wrong.
How could that happen? Seriously, how could anyone look at this season and say "This is fine"? Even the absolute dumbest fans can see that the dreadful historically bad coaching sunk the team lower than whale turd. L&M aren't stupid, they clearly have to see that because they'd have to be dumber than a bag of rocks not to. Bet on a housecleaning.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
How could that happen? Seriously, how could anyone look at this season and say "This is fine"? Even the absolute dumbest fans can see that the dreadful historically bad coaching sunk the team lower than whale turd. L&M aren't stupid, they clearly have to see that because they'd have to be dumber than a bag of rocks not to. Bet on a housecleaning.

Seeing that the changes need to be made and actually wanting to do it/having money to do it are two different things.

But yeah, it's crazy that with the year our offence had (even with the first line slump at the most inconvienent time) we're so f***ed it's not even funny. Nowhere near the playoffs with two 80 points players. I thought having that really good second center is going to make things better, but we see the results and this season is so unbelievably frustraiting I wonder how these people kept their jobs until now.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When God needs a loan he goes to Malkin (Who is the money man). He could find the money to make everyone go away under his couch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad