Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
My hope is that we trade Tanev to Tampa for a fair price (1st and A-prospect), and then he goes on to play in every play-off game, ousting the TML in the process, and winning the Stanley Cup.
you are letting the vocal minority cloud your opinion.

Most of us understand the risk/reward Tanev offers and have been offering quality packages

Reactions: Burnie97

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Soooo unbelievably clueless LOL. So we measure the effectiveness of defenceman by stat watching?

You 100% have not watched him lots. I would put money on it.
yeah we should really be trusting the word of a condescending Canucks homer over stats and evidence. thanks for the laugh

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
As a Ducks fan I actually wouldn't be too surprised by this. There is history to support it as well. BM has acquired injured players before. Robida, and Wisneiwski. He has a Histroy trading with Van. Kesler and Bieksa most noteably. The Ducks need a top 4 D like Tanev to parter with Fowler. The Ducks have the big forward with "skill" in Ritchie as well as a good crop of D prospects. We have confirmed interest in Vanek. The only space for Vanek is if we move a forward. Ritchie makes the most sense in that regard but you don't get Ritchie for Vanek. By making it a multiplayer deal its more of a hockey trade which BM prefers. Moving Ritchie allows for prospects like Steel, Jones and Terry to get some looks next year as we wouldn't keep Vanek. Vanek is likely and upgrade right now on Ritchie. Makes tons of sense to me.

All that said I find it hard to believe BM would be that okay with the injuries. Hes had to deal with a lot of long term injuries over the last few years that he has ended up paying for. Tanev would be a great fit stylistically. But I have a hard time getting past those injuries.
Ding Ding Ding ^^^ Ritchie isn’t quick minded enough to play with henrique and kase( very high IQ players ) he stopped hitting and fighting this year, and sometimes he takes those wtf are you doing penalties with a he doesn’t give af face. I feel it’s been a half season coming that Ritchie is dealt. And as vancouver’s GM has mentioned he is looking for a Ritchie type guy, and we improve are only real needs for improvements if a deal like this was made. And there a saying I use “ the trend is your friend “ bargain Bob has as you’ve mentioned traded for injured players before , it’s more realistic that he continues to do so( with mindset of cheaper prices and also less wear and tear and rest for said players ) than him just one day waking up “ nop never again will I deal for a player who’s injured “ the best Gms and decision makers in any industry look for value and keep emotions at the door. We as fans get emotional and scared given Eaves and Robidas etc . But i’ll bet my last dollar bargain Bob doesn’t. Get er done bob get er done

Reactions: flying v 604

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dhalliwal, great Vancouver source just did a radio hit... this is the summary.

Tanev :

2 Teams are Agressively pursuiting Tanev. He confirmed thats its Toronto and a mystery team. He reiterated that the teams are very agressive and dont care that Tanev is injured for 3 more weeks.

Edler:

He feela theres a lot of fire and smoke around Edler. He says somethin has changed in the last 12 months. Last year Edler wouldnt even consider waiving his NTc. Says that Edler's agent and camp has gone dark in the last 48hrs which is very unusual. Previously agent had no problem saying Edler isnt waiving.

Vanek:

50/50 chance right now if he will get traded. Ducks, Pens , Bruins have called .

Hutton :

This is the guy he feels will be moved. Look for a "hockey trade" and not for picks as teams arent as willing to move picks this year
Link your source your a proven liar I went to Dhaliwals twitter and NOTHING on Tanev. Why are you making this up

MODS LOCKER UP THIS IS FALSE

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Aside from a couple jokers this has been a pleasant thread to read. Im not familiar with Toronto's secondary prospects, but a couple of em along with their first might be OK.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You do realize liljegren is a prospect, while Tanev is an established #1-2 Dman? If you want assets you have to be willing to give up assets. Who helps you this year, and next year to push for a cup? Is it Tanev or Liljegren?

So, in your own words. Too bad so sad guess we keep tanev. Enjoy trying to get past Pitts/Tampa/Boston in the playoffs.

Oh, you have me confused with some one that thinks this is the year to go for it.

We are already spending big time by holding onto our UFAs.

Our roster if full of sophomores/rooks , let them roll with what roster got them to where we are now in the standings.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Why do some Leaf fans believe the Canucks have to trade Tanev? management is very high on him and signed to a good contract. Tanev loves it in Vancouver and is very loyal to the team. If JB can't get that 'special' offer that he expects for Tanev, there is absolutely no reason for JB to trade him. Tanev would be extended before he gets dealt for scraps, he's very important to our D core.

Let's not forgot, It's Toronto and some other teams that are calling JB about Tanev not the other way around.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why do some Leaf fans believe the Canucks have to trade Tanev? management is very high on him and signed to a good contract. Tanev loves it in Vancouver and is very loyal to the team. If JB can't get that 'special' offer that he expects for Tanev, there is absolutely no reason for JB to trade him. Tanev would be extended before he gets dealt for scraps, he's very important to our D core.

Let's not forgot, It's Toronto and some other teams that are calling JB about Tanev not the other way around.

No Leaf fan believes that. There are also other options for the Leafs on the market.

Just because Leaf fans aren’t wanting to give up Liljegren + for Tanev, doesn’t mean they are only willing to give up scraps

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Have you tried reading the post you quoted?
Yeah he heard it on the radio unfortunately this poster has a BAD RECORD for lying and since theres no other person saying is true i call it ANOTHER lie until a reliable source confirms it. Dhaliwal is a MAD TWEETER he would update his twitter if anything like the OP is lying about is true

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Am I dreaming? This thread seems to be reasonable it trade offers and people are getting along...

I would be interested who the 2nd team is, but for Dhaliwal to know Toronto is 1 of the teams is a bit surprising. Leaf fans can chime in but I thought I read before Lou keeps everything very tight to the chest and doesn't let things leak out until a deal is already done.

I dont mind the 1st Rasanen & Johnsson/Leivo type offer. My only things would be that winger in that deal would preferebly be more controlled on an elc without needing waivers. Canucks are deep on W and have other players needing wiavers next year.

Maybe JB would rather a 2nd round pick over Johnsson or Leivo?

That offer is a good start or should atleast get JB attention I would think. Not even sure JB would be after Liljgren, Canucks were 1 of a few teams who didnt interview him period at the draft.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah he heard it on the radio unfortunately this poster has a BAD RECORD for lying and since theres no other person saying is true i call it ANOTHER lie until a reliable source confirms it. Dhaliwal is a MAD TWEETER he would update his twitter if anything like the OP is lying about is true

Bad record for lying ?? Can i ask for a source on that and a link ?

In the meantime i can post a link of your post/thread ( that got locked where you said Gudrbanson has been traded ) while were speaking of lying and making things up

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Tanev would be nice but I cant help to think that the Leafs are gonna have the softest D-Corpse in the entire league.

IF they get matched up with Washington or Tampa, they might be in trouble matchup wise.

But its just imo. Im sure other leaf fans will disagree
I think him in the East will cut down on injuries. as for soft you have not watched Tanev play. he is A warrior.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why did people discuss something for 8 pages off an unreliable poster claiming he heard this on the radio?? LOL :laugh:

Mods please...

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Link your source your a proven liar I went to Dhaliwals twitter and NOTHING on Tanev. Why are you making this up

MODS LOCKER UP THIS IS FALSE
You are te fake and liar. Lock him up mods Its welly day out here Most likely the dude scored A point and A 40. And is spewing nonsense as usual. I also heard the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille