Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Dhalliwal, great Vancouver source just did a radio hit... this is the summary.

Tanev :

2 Teams are Agressively pursuiting Tanev. He confirmed thats its Toronto and a mystery team. He reiterated that the teams are very agressive and dont care that Tanev is injured for 3 more weeks.

Edler:

He feela theres a lot of fire and smoke around Edler. He says somethin has changed in the last 12 months. Last year Edler wouldnt even consider waiving his NTc. Says that Edler's agent and camp has gone dark in the last 48hrs which is very unusual. Previously agent had no problem saying Edler isnt waiving.

Vanek:

50/50 chance right now if he will get traded. Ducks, Pens , Bruins have called .

Hutton :

This is the guy he feels will be moved. Look for a "hockey trade" and not for picks as teams arent as willing to move picks this year

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Dhalliwal, great Vancouver source just did a radio hit... this is the summary.

Tanev :

2 Teams are Agressively pursuiting Tanev. He confirmed thats its Toronto and a mystery team. He reiterated that the teams are very agressive and dont care that Tanev is injured for 3 more weeks.

Edler:

He feela theres a lot of fire and smoke around Edler. He says somethin has changed in the last 12 months. Last year Edler wouldnt even consider waiving his NTc. Says that Edler's agent and camp has gone dark in the last 48hrs which is very unusual. Previously agent had no problem saying Edler isnt waiving.

Vanek:

50/50 chance right now if he will get traded. Ducks, Pens , Bruins have called .

Hutton :

This is the guy he feels will be moved. Look for a "hockey trade" and not for picks as teams arent as willing to move picks this year
If we are in on Tanev I hope we get a deal done before even a hint of this rumor hits Lou`s ears. He is the type of guy to kill the deal out of news leaking

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Tanev would be nice but I cant help to think that the Leafs are gonna have the softest D-Corpse in the entire league.

IF they get matched up with Washington or Tampa, they might be in trouble matchup wise.

But its just imo. Im sure other leaf fans will disagree

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Huton and Vanek i could see moving. Unless they cash in big i doubt Tanev goes anywhere.
Sure seems to be plenty of options for buyers.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I really like Toronto's Cup chances if they add Tanev
Even with Tanev it’s a tough road to the finals with Boston and Tampa in the first 2 rounds and then probably Washington or Pittsburgh in the 3rd. The path through the Atlantic division would be insane if the Leafs add Tanev.

That said part of what makes Tanev so attractive is that he isn’t a rental and being from the area might make him easier to re-sign.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I really trust what Dhaliwal has to say. Tanev would make Toronto a very scary team in the playoffs. Most of Tanevs injuries have been freak accidents. I still dont think he is injury prone at all.

I would be extremely pissed off if Vanek isn't traded though. Bring SOMETHING of value back for him. Don't let it be another Vrbata/Hamhuis trade deadline.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Well, this is interesting.

Please, for the love of HFboards, TORONTO FANS: READ THIS

Please do not initiate another Tanev value thread ad nauseum. We know, you know where we both stands. There's no more point.

Who is the other team? Anaheim?
Please people listen to this.
Tanev’s value to the Leafs has been argued for well over a year now. I’d rather this thread be about the rumour itself and not a rehash of the same tired argument both sides will never agree on.

Reactions: canuckster19

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I doubt we're in on Tanev. Murray hasn't sounded optimistic in the slightest over making a big move this deadline, and save for that win over Vegas, we've done everything to further his concerns. Vanek makes a bit more sense but I'm not too enthusiastic over adding another slow forward.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I really trust what Dhaliwal has to say. Tanev would make Toronto a very scary team in the playoffs. Most of Tanevs injuries have been freak accidents. I still dont think he is injury prone at all.

I would be extremely pissed off if Vanek isn't traded though. Bring SOMETHING of value back for him. Don't let it be another Vrbata/Hamhuis trade deadline.

At some point freak accidents that cause damage still ad up. There isn’t necessarily a fundamental biological weakness, but it still can make injuries more likely to occur.

Damage is damage. It doesn’t matter to the body what caused it.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Please do not initiate another Tanev value thread ad nauseum. We know, you know where we both stands. There's no more point.

Tampa would make some sense

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Haha I hope this won't start another tire fire again myself. This is coming from a Toronto fan too. I read some of that thread. It was pretty crazy. All I'll say is despite the fact he is injury prone at times, he's still going to cost a lot. Probably more then Toronto is willing to pay. Although personally I'd be willing to give away a bit of our future for Tanev ( I won't mention what I think is fair to avoid more silliness lol) it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it in the next few days.

Reactions: matrixtrippin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad