Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Knowing Lou, he’s just trolling TB. Acting like a potential suitor to try and drive the price up for them.

Rumors around Toronto and Tanev have been around for awhile as there's a real fit, I doubt Toronto is trolling but interested.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Rumors around Toronto and Tanev have been around for awhile as there's a real fit, I doubt Toronto is trolling but interested.

I see it. Friedman talked about it on Saturday and he's been really good on Toronto stuff since Lou came in. Friedman and Lebrun are the best Leafs sources now and if Dhaliwals is saying Toronto has sniffed around, there is something to it.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Not worth it unless the asking price isn't much. Guy is incredibly injury prone and not reliable.

Be real bad asset management to give anything of value for him.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I see it. Friedman talked about it on Saturday and he's been really good on Toronto stuff since Lou came in. Friedman and Lebrun are the best Leafs sources now and if Dhaliwals is saying Toronto has sniffed around, there is something to it.

They mostly do it indirectly from my experience. Lebrun is basically a Ducks shill, he was the one that started the Montour-Nylander talks last year (and we all know it was a Ducks source). He was also the guy that knew the most about the Vatanen situation, more or less (Dreger as well- they are both connected heavily to the Ducks).

Nothing concrete has ever really come out of Toronto since Lou has taken over.....closest I've seen is the Stamkos pitch (they used Canadian Tire and the Mayor after all) and JVR rumours (probably because Lou and Snow were on the draft floor together).

If something's coming out.....I guess it could be from the Benning camp. It's hard to tell, simply because the Leafs are always radio silent, and because media guys will use the Leafs routinely to drive traffic/prices.

Reactions: connormcmuffin

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I really dont like the leafs but if they land Tanev, they're my bet for cup champions.

He's a solid top pairing no.2 guy. Currently be doesnt get a lot of points on the offensive starved Canucks but he plays such mistake free defensive game. Very umderrated. Excellent first pass out of the zone too.

Not sure what T.O would offer but they'd be scary with Tanev

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

I think the biggest atttaction for toronto is Tanevs 4.45 cap hit and the fact they can have 3 playoff runs w . Him.

That contract must be a huge plus as Mathews and Nylander are going to be finishing up their ELC soon

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They mostly do it indirectly from my experience. Lebrun is basically a Ducks shill, he was the one that started the Montour-Nylander talks last year (and we all know it was a Ducks source). He was also the guy that knew the most about the Vatanen situation, more or less (Dreger as well- they are both connected heavily to the Ducks).

Nothing concrete has ever really come out of Toronto since Lou has taken over.....closest I've seen is the Stamkos pitch (they used Canadian Tire and the Mayor after all) and JVR rumours (probably because Lou and Snow were on the draft floor together).

If something's coming out.....I guess it could be from the Benning camp. It's hard to tell, simply because the Leafs are always radio silent, and because media guys will use the Leafs routinely to drive traffic/prices.

Andersen? Boyle?

I think the biggest atttaction for toronto is Tanevs 4.45 cap hit and the fact they can have 3 playoff runs w . Him.

That contract must be a huge plus as Mathews and Nylander are going to be finishing up their ELC soon

100%, they can go for Tavares in the off-season if they grab Tanev too and Tavares actually made it to July 1st/wants to sign here.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
As a Leafs fan, adding a guy like Tanev seems like a perfect fit. Top 4 RHD that has shown some chemistry with Reilly? That's a no brainer but it has to be concerning that he's currently injured and never played more than 70 games in a season. That has to be factored into the deal. My offer would be...

1st (2018)
Conditional 2nd 2019 (becomes a 1st in 2020 if Tanev plays more than 70 games)
Connor Carrick
Matt Martin (cap dump)

No Liljegren, None of our current young core otherwise its too much of a gamble with his history of injuries

I highly doubt we need to take a cap dump back on a trade like this. Pass on Carrick personally too.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
As much as the report says Toronto is agressive pursuiting him ....i would 100% prefer that its Tampa that gets him as Tampa has a very very salavating stable of prospects.

Foote
Howden
Raddysh
Katchouk

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I highly doubt we need to take a cap dump back on a trade like this. Pass on Carrick personally too.

I'm not saying he's got any real value but if your rebuilding taking Carrick on wouldn't be a bad idea

There's some talent there and if your willing to accept some growing pains you may be able to develop a good bottom pairing RD that can move the puck fairly efficiently

I agree with you about the cap dump to, there's no need to eat money from your POV unless your getting something else on top of the potential Tanev pieces

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
A1_E42_C37_DCDA_4_D0_A_9_D94_3_D5_C0_EEC816_A.pn

Seems like as good a match for Rielly as any... but with the injury history and the likely ask... I wouldn’t be happy if the Leafs gave up much for him. Maybe a 1st and a b prospect or Leivo. Nothing that would hurt them long term if Tanev went all Lupul.

Having a good player that’s frequently injured, and requires line juggling every time he goes down may be worse than just not having said player. Stability is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad