Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Rasanen
Johnsson
1st

Looking more into Rasanen, he does bring a lot of size to our right side- could be a good Gudbrandson replacement in 3 years. Plus if we bring back Tryamkin that would be 2 massive defenders for us. How's his skating, smooth or really choppy?

Obviously I would prefere Lil, but if that's a non-starter then we still need to be blown away. I wouldn't have much interest in Johnsson. Seems like a good prospect but I'm not thrilled about snagging another player who isn't waiver exempt next year unless it's a guy who when drafted was supposed to have a high ceiling like MDC for example. I think I would prefer whichever 2nd is better instead with maybe a conditional second if TML wins the cup. It would sting like crazy in Vancouver if Toronto won it so this would soften the blow very slightly:

1st-Rasanen-2nd- conditional 2nd for Tanev + conditional 2019 4th (conditions picks swap only if TML wins cup)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Looking more into Rasanen, he does bring a lot of size to our right side- could be a good Gudbrandson replacement in 3 years. Plus if we bring back Tryamkin that would be 2 massive defenders for us. How's his skating, smooth or really choppy?

Obviously I would prefere Lil, but if that's a non-starter then we still need to be blown away. I wouldn't have much interest in Johnsson. Seems like a good prospect but I'm not thrilled about snagging another player who isn't waiver exempt next year unless it's a guy who when drafted was supposed to have a high ceiling like MDC for example. I think I would prefer whichever 2nd is better instead with maybe a conditional second if TML wins the cup. It would sting like crazy in Vancouver if Toronto won it so this would soften the blow very slightly:

1st-Rasanen-2nd- conditional 2nd for Tanev + conditional 2019 4th (conditions picks swap only if TML wins cup)
So 1st+2nd+Ras? Done.

Mantooth

Mar 4, 2013
trade for a guy that will probably watch the playoffs from the pressbox? No thanks. trade for someone that you know will actually play.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
trade for a guy that will probably watch the playoffs from the pressbox? No thanks. trade for someone that you know will actually play.
if we can get him with out losing a roster player you make that deal. He should be back before the play offs

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I'll be a happy Leafs fan if we keep Marner/Kadri/Nylander/Matthews/Andy/Rielly/Kappy/Dermott/Liljegren

Slightly salted if we give up Johnsson depending on the add with him but honestly it's likely that he's in the deal considering he was scratched in the Marlies game today and hasn't been scratched since Dec 16.

But if we get Tanev, please for the love of God Lou trade JVR so we can get back to having good cupboards

Cotton

May 13, 2013
69-53-38 - Tanev’s games played the past 3 seasons. He has no offence, he hits less than Nylander, he can’t block shots because they injure him, and his possession numbers have been bad the past two seasons.

I sincerely hope Lou doesn’t trade for him, this has huge potential to blow up in a bad way.

Watch, we acquire Tanev, he’s finally healthy for the 1st game of the playoffs against Boston, blocks a Chara slapshot 9 minutes into the 1st on the PK and is shelved.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011

I could get behind this

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
So 1st+2nd+Ras? Done.

That's acceptable (I wouldn't do it, but I'd resign myself to it.....some things are indefensible though from day 1, like the Matt Martin, Komisarek, Tim Connolley deal, etc.) if we can't get better value on OEL, McDonagh, Hammer (obviously, we'd give up more, and Liljegren would be on the table+ for McDonagh, OEL).

If it were me (which it isn't), I'd push for conditions on the 1st with Tanev- i.e. he'd have to be medically cleared to play at least 70 games each season over the next 2 years- i.e. not on IR. But I acknowledge that is completely unreasonable.

Obviously I would prefere Lil, but if that's a non-starter then we still need to be blown away.

Johnsson has more value than a 2nd, but in this draft year, it's close. It's a pretty deep draft.

Liljegren and Dermott would be off the table completely for me. I wouldn't even consider Dermott straight up for Tanev. Liljegren is considerable but still an easy no, gamble on his upside and we'll need a pipeline of cost-controlled young guys sooner than people think (once our big 3 guys get off their ELC, the clock is ticking).

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
69-53-38 - Tanev’s games played the past 3 seasons. He has no offence, he hits less than Nylander, he can’t block shots because they injure him, and his possession numbers have been bad the past two seasons.

I sincerely hope Lou doesn’t trade for him, this has huge potential to blow up in a bad way.

Watch, we acquire Tanev, he’s finally healthy for the 1st game of the playoffs against Boston, blocks a Chara slapshot 9 minutes into the 1st on the PK and is shelved.

You know nothing about Tanevs game. This post is hilarious.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

2019 1st and I'm sold.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So 1st+2nd+Ras? Done.

I could get behind this
Same.. at best Rasanen lines up behind Tanev & Liljegren for the next 7/8 years while Zaitsev may still be with us. And would love to keep Johnsson if possible.

Done deal mr The Green Man! Send the paperwork to Benning and Lou. Although maybe have another conditional pick going our way if he doesn't play 80 games over next 2 seasons

Canuckleheads, what do you guys think about adding Martin into the deal? He'd be an awesome role model for your rebuild and was actually having one of his better seasons in his career production wise this season before Kapanen obviously took his spot, he's a quality 4th liner that you aren't mad is playing. I see it as more likely than not he's added in for cap hit reasons if this deal comes to fruition.

Last edited:

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I wouldn't mind the 1st, Rasanen and Johnsson offer, would hate to lose Johnsson but I guess that's the price of doing business. Any chance Canucks would be willing to do a 1st, Rasanen, Timashov and Carrick for Tanev? Timashov is younger and a little bit more offensively oriented than Johnsson who has a better 2-way game

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
If you'e going to talk **** atleast know what youre talking about.

How about ask Senators fans if they respect Benning. He robbed them blind last season.

Tired of so called "fans" talking **** about the team. If you don't like it Go cheer for someone else.
Sure whatever you say. Just because I don’t agree with the current management group it doesn’t make me a “so called fan” or any less of a fan. I’ve been a diehard Canucks fan since 1990. I can appreciate a good management group if I see one too. The problem is fans with your mind set praise JB b/c he makes one good trade but you don’t account for the amount of horrible trades and signings he makes which is the majority of the time. This management is bi-polar and condescending towards its fans. There is no clear direction with this team right now. I’m not going to argue about this any further in this thread though.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
For Toronto, in descending order of preference:

Liljegren + 2018 or 2019 1st
Liljegren + Kapanen
Liljegren + 2018 2nd and 3rd (3rd can be conditional on Tanev playing X amount of games)
2018 1st + Kapanen
2018 1st +2nd and 2019 2nd

Doubt Benning is smart enough to pull these off, though.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Actually, be my guest dream all ya want

One thing we know as leafs fans

Trade leaks = Lou walks away

So bye bye

Little grin ain't going nowhere, so sorry.:(
You do realize liljegren is a prospect, while Tanev is an established #1-2 Dman? If you want assets you have to be willing to give up assets. Who helps you this year, and next year to push for a cup? Is it Tanev or Liljegren?

So, in your own words. Too bad so sad guess we keep tanev. Enjoy trying to get past Pitts/Tampa/Boston in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad