Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I'll be a happy Leafs fan if we keep Marner/Kadri/Nylander/Matthews/Andy/Rielly/Kappy/Dermott/Liljegren

Slightly salted if we give up Johnsson depending on the add with him but honestly it's likely that he's in the deal considering he was scratched in the Marlies game today and hasn't been scratched since Dec 16.

But if we get Tanev, please for the love of God Lou trade JVR so we can get back to having good cupboards
If you were to move JVR, which I doubt you will we could add in Vanek as a rental replacement to take the condition off of the 2nd in my proposal: Vanek, Tanev- 1st, 2 2nds, Rasanen

2019 1st and I'm sold.
No way, we would need the picks to be this year- hopefully then we can land the lottery pick, snag Dahlin and then with an extra 1st, and 2 2nds Benning could hopefully somehow trade up to get Tkachuk as well- future canucks PP:

Tkachuk-Horvat-Petterson
Boeser-Dahlin
:nod:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For Toronto, in descending order of preference:

Liljegren + 2018 or 2019 1st
Liljegren + 2018 2nd and 3rd (3rd can be conditional on Tanev playing X amount of games)
2018 1st + Kapanen
2018 1st +2nd and 2019 2nd

Doubt Benning is smart enough to pull these off, though.

You will take 2018 1st + Jeremy Bracco + Connor Carrick and you will like it

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
If you were to move JVR, which I doubt you will we could add in Vanek as a rental replacement to take the condition off of the 2nd in my proposal: Vanek, Tanev- 1st, 2 2nds, Rasanen

No way, we would need the picks to be this year- hopefully then we can land the lottery pick, snag Dahlin and then with an extra 1st, and 2 2nds Benning could hopefully somehow trade up to get Tkachuk as well- future canucks PP:

Tkachuk-Horvat-Petterson
Boeser-Dahlin
:nod:
Nah no thanks to Vanek, only reason we want to trade JVR (well the fans, maybe not Lou) is to open up a spot for Leivo to get an extended look in and we have a backup in Johnsson to replace Leivo if Leivo doesn't make the spot his. But you guys should be able to get a 2nd for Vanek from another team IMO. And thoughts on taking Martin from us? He's NHL quality and a superb rebuild role model, just no space for him on the team.

Excited to see how your rebuild turns out though, could come down to lottery luck since Dahlin or a PP with Svech and Boeser is huge

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
69-53-38 - Tanev’s games played the past 3 seasons. He has no offence, he hits less than Nylander, he can’t block shots because they injure him, and his possession numbers have been bad the past two seasons.

I sincerely hope Lou doesn’t trade for him, this has huge potential to blow up in a bad way.

Watch, we acquire Tanev, he’s finally healthy for the 1st game of the playoffs against Boston, blocks a Chara slapshot 9 minutes into the 1st on the PK and is shelved.

Injury risk is a real worry but Tanev's quality cannot be questioned. He's a top-tier shutdown defenceman and has been for a while.

Also had fantastic chemistry with Rielly at the World Championship. They owned pretty much everyone.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Despite my plea on the first page, this has devolved into yet another Tanev value and bashing thread. Nice job, good reading comprehension.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Despite my plea on the first page, this has devolved into yet another Tanev value and bashing thread. Nice job, good reading comprehension.
after all this time I think we are close...............so close!!!

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Are you new Here? You can't post something in the trades and rumors section without this sort of discussion to take place...

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I honestly want the Bruins to pick up Vanek if only to keep him from Toronto or another team in the east because he is a Bruins annhiliator.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
For my fellow Leaf fans who are worried about Tanev’s injury history.
There is good reason to be concerned, he gets hurt almost every year. And we have seen this before with a guy like Lupul.

But at the same time that is why he is available for a reasonable price. He is a shutdown #2 Dman signed to a good contract. If he didn’t have that health history you wouldn’t get him without a blue chip prospect ++.
You have to decide yourself if the risk is worth it.

Reactions: vcanuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
“ Mystery team” my guy Bargain Bob Murray is the most secretive Gm out there, this screams of him. Hardly ever any duck trades are mentioned as possibilities until they just happen ( haggelin for perron etc) get er done bob! Ty for being a stand up GM and being loyal to Kevin Bieksa and his contract, but we can use him in a #6-7 roll no more top 4 for him because we can’t win a cup under any circumstance with KB in our top 4! edit tanev being injured is something Bm doesn’t mind given our home and easier schedule coming down stretch and also because he can use him being injured to lower cost just enough to make him get that deal done. get er done bob get er done!
As a Ducks fan I actually wouldn't be too surprised by this. There is history to support it as well. BM has acquired injured players before. Robida, and Wisneiwski. He has a Histroy trading with Van. Kesler and Bieksa most noteably. The Ducks need a top 4 D like Tanev to parter with Fowler. The Ducks have the big forward with "skill" in Ritchie as well as a good crop of D prospects. We have confirmed interest in Vanek. The only space for Vanek is if we move a forward. Ritchie makes the most sense in that regard but you don't get Ritchie for Vanek. By making it a multiplayer deal its more of a hockey trade which BM prefers. Moving Ritchie allows for prospects like Steel, Jones and Terry to get some looks next year as we wouldn't keep Vanek. Vanek is likely and upgrade right now on Ritchie. Makes tons of sense to me.

All that said I find it hard to believe BM would be that okay with the injuries. Hes had to deal with a lot of long term injuries over the last few years that he has ended up paying for. Tanev would be a great fit stylistically. But I have a hard time getting past those injuries.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Are you new Here? You can't post something in the trades and rumors section without this sort of discussion to take place...

I think this is the most civilized tanev to the leafs thread I've seen lol.
Seems like there is starting to be some common ground

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Injury risk is a real worry but Tanev's quality cannot be questioned. He's a top-tier shutdown defenceman and has been for a while.

Also had fantastic chemistry with Rielly at the World Championship. They owned pretty much everyone.

Anyone who says they don’t want Tanev on the Leafs is either ignorant or lying. He’s a perfect fit, and proven chemistry with Rielly and is on a killer contract. He’s from Toronto area, so resigning shouldn’t be an issue.

The issue is price in terms of assets.

The Leafs can’t be giving up a Liljegren, or a Dermott for a player as often injured as Tanev is. The only way that happens, is if that is the only asset going back.

If Vancouver isn’t comfortable with that, or can get that level of prospect + other assets somewhere else, that is fine. (Given it appears to be a buyers market, that seems unlikely).

My feeling is that Vancouver realizes that now, or this summer, is the time to deal Tanev

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I honestly want the Bruins to pick up Vanek if only to keep him from Toronto or another team in the east because he is a Bruins annhiliator.
Lol sure do that.

No chance the Leafs are in on Vanek. The last thing we need is help on the wings and our coach would hate his commitment to defensive play.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Tanev would be nice but I cant help to think that the Leafs are gonna have the softest D-Corpse in the entire league.

IF they get matched up with Washington or Tampa, they might be in trouble matchup wise.

But its just imo. Im sure other leaf fans will disagree

Against teams like Washington and Tampa Bay softness on D wont matter because neither of those teams are overly physical. But a team like Boston would be troublesome. Tanev's injury history would scare me in a series against a team like that.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Tanev is a pretty good defender with term. I can see TOR going after him. Just because he's on the IR now doesn't mean he won't help them with future cup runs.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

I remember, but that injury risk isn’t a little thing. This rebuild has been about building through the draft. Bring in Hunter, hire 16 new scouts, draft for BPA’s and steals only to hand some of the better ones over for a gargantuan injury risk?

IMO Lou needs to look elsewhere, or ride out what we have for now if that fails, as every injury takes a little more out of you and with Chris Tanev that’s adding up quickly.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Against teams like Washington and Tampa Bay softness on D wont matter because neither of those teams are overly physical. But a team like Boston would be troublesome. Tanev's injury history would scare me in a series against a team like that.

Ovechkin was taking 20 steps before running Leafs defencemen into the boards during the playoff series so I'm not too sure about that.

Reactions: veganbruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad