Prospect Info: Devils picking 4th Overall.

Who do the Devils pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I would loooooove dahlin. But I also want to keep that 4th overall. So make it work with other picks, and prospects or f*** it altogether.

Dahlin > any defenseman in this year's top 10

Not only would we get a high end potential defenseman, we get an impact player straight away. If BUF asks for the 4th pick for Dahlin, you take that s*** and run.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Dahlin > any defenseman in this year's top 10

Not only would we get a high end potential defenseman, we get an impact player straight away. If BUF asks for the 4th pick for Dahlin, you take that s*** and run.
Oh hell ya you take that and run without a doubt. It would be a better trade for us than Hall for Larsson

Reactions: Guadana

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Couldn’t BUF get better value than pick four for Dahlin? Would that even be a good centerpiece?

They’re not moving Dahlin for 4th overall. They would probably move Reinhardt + for 4th overall or Eichel for 4th overall +.

Obviously we’re looking for defensemen, so Buffalo doesn’t seem like a match from our end.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don’t know how but I’d take Sergachyov or Dahlin if they ask only 4th pick or something like 4th+Boqvist/Clarke+Vukojevic. This is just not gonna happen.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021
Dahlin for 4th overall never happens. We would have to add a lot.
Id rather just draft Luke, as much as Dahlin is incredible

Itd cost like 4th+Zacha+McLeod

Having Jack and Luke together seems like a story thats already written itself. Hasnt the NHL instagram acknowledged it with its own post (Jack saying he wants Luke)?

If hes there I cant imagine theyd want the bad PR, especially in a year where Fitzgerald needs a contract

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Come on Ducks. Trade that pick for Eichel and we almost definitely got our choice of Clarke or Hughes.

With what Pronman said we're not getting Clarke. It's almost certainly Hughes and if not then it's Guenther or Edvinsson

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's not 100% Hughes but it's like 95% him and it's between Hughes, Guenther, and Edvinsson

On what planet does NJ need another left handed toolsy long defensive defenseman with some offensive upside project? How many Vuk Ok and Muks are they going to collect? Unless he's a true tier above the forward prospects, if Hughes isn't there I'd just as soon get a forward over still another left handed defender. As informed speculation starts to come out, it seems that Clarke's not the top five type of prospect many of us expected. I know that STI has defended his skating as more than adequate, but you wonder if some teams have zeroed in on that when making their lists. NJ really needs to start filling in right defense prospects. Hopefully they realize this.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
On what planet does NJ need another left handed toolsy long defensive defenseman with some offensive upside project? How many Vuk Ok and Muks are they going to collect? Unless he's a true tier above the forward prospects, if Hughes isn't there I'd just as soon get a forward over still another left handed defender. As informed speculation starts to come out, it seems that Clarke's not the top five type of prospect many of us expected. I know that STI has defended his skating as more than adequate, but you wonder if some teams have zeroed in on that when making their lists. NJ really needs to start filling in right defense prospects. Hopefully they realize this.

Yeah I like Edvinsson and think he’s going to be a solid 2nd pair shutdown guy but I’m not taking him over one of Beniers or Eklund. I’d also take Lysell as another forward over him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah I like Edvinsson and think he’s going to be a solid 2nd pair shutdown guy but I’m not taking him over one of Beniers or Eklund. I’d also take Lysell as another forward over him.

If Edvinsson has clear first pair upside I could understand it, but he seems to be something of a project from what I've read. NJ can use some bigger stronger skilled forwards if they don't like Clarke and Hughes isn't there. Presumably, if that story about trading pick four has any legs it's an alternative plan if Hughes isn't available? I'm struggling to see them not pick Hughes at this point if he's there.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
What prospect Brandt Clarke's skating questions mean for the NHL team that drafts him

“But defensively, especially when going backward and pivoting, the team that drafts Clarke may need to plan for adjustments to his technique, and possibly tactics, in addition to strength.

But again, that’s going to be true (to varying degrees) about some part of the game for virtually every prospect in the draft. So if you’re looking for a window into the practical adjustments that come after a high draft pick is made, Clarke and his skating will be a good one to monitor in the coming years.”

Good article with lots of videos on Clarke’s skating.

I think if you did draft him you’d have to be comfortable your development staff could help him when skating backwards. His wide base is helpful at times so if he vary his base situationally then he’d really be cooking with fire.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Debatable. It'd depend on how a guy like Hughes turns out
True . But I was thinking more along the line of Dahlin vs. pick #4 in general not who specifically is taken at 4. Yes too early to know if Dahlin is going to be better than mystery player but value wise right now Dahlin for the 4th pick is amazing value imo

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I get watching Edvinsson and just thinking he's a unique talent worth sticking your neck out for, at least based on youtube clips (how I scout + stats ngl). If you hit on him that's a game breaker.

He has very limited offensive upside. If you hit on him, you’re probably getting a player like Ryan McDonagh.

Reactions: Darkauron

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
True . But I was thinking more along the line of Dahlin vs. pick #4 in general not who specifically is taken at 4. Yes too early to know if Dahlin is going to be better than mystery player but value wise right now Dahlin for the 4th pick is amazing value imo

I agree it's incredible value. I just doubt it'd end up being better value than a #4 Dman for a guy who dragged us to the playoffs and won the Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille