Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It's honestly sad how pathetic this team and organization are.

Never felt this low as a leaf fan. Bring me back to the Kessel days. What an unlike able group of greedy, pathetic players.

Its insane if Marner is back and they don't try a major change.
I guess you didn't live through the Harold Ballard era. I did.

The day John Brophy got Gord Stellick to trade Russ Courtnall for John Kordic was worse. Much worse.

Still this is bad. Very bad. Take out the dynamite and blow the place up bad. This can't go on bad.

Reactions: Blanka

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mrazrek, Bunting Kerfoot and Malgin were going to the Cup for sure.

Lets just ignore the 40 million or whatever dollar ROSTER absentees. Some of these comments by others are Dubas level golden nuggets

JT
MM
MR
WN 3 games unknown.

Pin it on the guys that kept Boston somewhat honest. Makes perfect sense haha my god.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Lets just ignore the 40 million or whatever dollar ROSTER absentees. Some of these comments by others are Dubas level golden nuggets

JT
MM
MR
WN 3 games unknown.

Pin it on the guys that kept Boston somewhat honest. Makes perfect sense haha my god.

Excuses aplenty for half the salary cap of the team

@leafs in five would like you to believe we should have spent a 1st round pick on a potentially injured player to maybe get a boost out of the first round.

Like maybe on a hurt veteran winger...

And it would help us enter the second round in real good shape.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Friedman called people like you an idiot during the first intermission... effort is not the issue, execution is.

Friedman is a stupid lurch. What does that goofy slob know about hockey. Bieska looked to be suggesting they weren't upping the level.

I did not see a playoff gear from the Leafs at all. WN was trying to gear up. aM was sick. The rest were pathetic.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013

The day John Brophy got Gord Stellick to trade Russ Courtnall for John Kordic was worse. Much worse.

Still this is bad. Very bad. Take out the dynamite and blow the place up bad. This can't go on bad.
I actually enjoyed watching Kordic smash guys night in and night out. The guy was also huuuuuuuuujah.

1714298626927.png

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Fortunately didnt have to witness that. But it just goes to show you how pathetic this franchise is with so many extreme low points.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
well the leafs last finals appearance was 1967.. 32 years difference

leafs have how many first round exits since 1999... more than 5 that's for sure

how many season without the playoffs... definitely not 16 but it's close...

1 first round win in 2 decades, no conference finals appearance

lol the Knicks are not as bad as the Leafs these last 20 years respectively.

The Leafs officially own the worst f*ing playoff record in all of professional sports in the last 20 years, it has to be... can you believe it, this franchise is an utter embarssement

Since 1999

The leafs have missed the playoffs 10 times
Have 6 first round wins, 1 conference finals appearance, 2 second round wins, 7 first round exits.

So no the knicks have been way worse than the leafs since 1999. Want me to do the Dallas Cowboys, Sacramento Kings for you?

Leafs have had some disappointments but other franchises are way worse.

Reactions: Mike4Leafs4ever

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Man, this team is in a really bad spot.

Matthews - NMC
Nylander - NMC
Marner - NMC
Tavares - NMC
Rielly - NMC

A core that can't get it done and a team that has bled assets and draft capital like crazy the last few seasons. Seems like a dark era of Leaf hockey may be upon us.

Other guys with NMC’s have been moved. They will work with the agent to facilitate a trade for Marner. Probably a sign and trade

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Fortunately didnt have to witness that. But it just goes to show you how pathetic this franchise is with so many extreme low points.

This level always comes down from the top. Only incompetent managers/officers in a company can own this level of stupidity. They are paid react fast and make money though, not win. So unique to Toronto losing can be winning in the money game.

I boycotted Bell and Rogers over this stupidity years ago. The TV deal at 5b was hilarious. Now that dummy who made that call runs the team.

Can you imagine?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Since 1999

The leafs have missed the playoffs 10 times
Have 6 first round wins, 1 conference finals appearance, 2 second round wins, 7 first round exits.

So no the knicks have been way worse than the leafs since 1999. Want me to do the Dallas Cowboys, Sacramento Kings for you?

Leafs have had some disappointments but other franchises are way worse.

Leafs were only good during the Stavro ownership. As soon as Corporate interests got involved it became mostly about marketability. TPP were just dumb all around and let the dummy Larry T run the Leafs. LarryT is the guy Ballard never wanted to have own the Leafs.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The Toronto Maple Leafs have won 20 playoff series since their last cup win. To put that number into perspective:

Tampa has won 20 since 2011, Pittsburgh since 2008, Chicago since 1995, Boston since 1992.

Sad, pathetic, franchise.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This team is impossible to like. Lots needs to change and I hope that's what Tre's intention was this year, evaluate what he has so we can adjust.

Keefe needs to go, Tavares needs to be stripped of the C immediately and informed that he will not be re-signed so if he wants to waive, same with Marner

Rebuild around Matthews, Nylander, re-sign Domi/Bert

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Fire everyone and begin fixing the salary imbalance that Dubas created. It’s over.

Honestly I think the move is to fire everyone after 2024/25. Jon Cooper is a free agent coach after 2024/25. Tavares and Marner expire in 2025.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I’m pretty resigned to the fact this team was in flux this year and not really going anywhere, and with a sick/injured Auston they’re probably toast.

0-6 at home has to mean a new coach, doesn’t it?

Reactions: BallardEra

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland

JT
MM
MR
WN 3 games unknown.

it was just responding to FKA winter soldier saying that Boston played smarter/more opportunistic. they cashed on a mistake from Reaves and on a PP off a dumb penalty by Domi, 2nd time in the series, game 3 it was Bert. "keeping them honest" - agree to disagree there.

not saying we'd win the cup with Malgin + the core 4 but whatever Bomber is working things out, as are we all.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
At least most of us aren’t so out of touch with reality like this beauty quote from Evilhomer today.

“They will go back to Ullmark in game 5 because Toronto will win this game. They were always going to win this game no matter who Boston started. It's the nature of the series. Personally, I would have saved Swayman for game 5 if I was Boston. Maybe they will start him in game 5 even after losing tonight, but if they do that then they can't realistically go back to Ullmark the rest of this series.”

Hahahahahaha.
Kreskin’s illegiteamate brother……….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad