Prospect Info: Devils picking 4th Overall.

Who do the Devils pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
After drafting Drysdale, I think Anaheim would overlook Clarke. If they go D, they will take either Hughes or Edvinsson. If they go forward, Eklund or Guenther.

Reactions: HBK27

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I legitimately wouldn't be shocked if we traded up just to ensure that we got Hughes

An important part of drafting Luke would be to keep Jack happy. Everyone can deny it, but there’s no way it isn’t part of the calculus. But you can stick at 4, and if he’s selected before then, you can say you gave it the old college try.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Purely hypothetical. Let’s say Tampa really covets someone like Clarke. They could use a RD.

Brisebois calls and offers up Sergachev for our pick. One for one. Do you do it?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I would guess Seattle takes Power and Buffalo takes Bernier. Ducks I don't know what their needs are.

I believe that they can really use a true goal scorer. There was a lot of chatter about them maybe taking holtz last year

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I proposed a similar hypothetical last year for our pick

I would probably do it IF Hughes was gone

It’s something that’s crossed my mind lately. For us, taking a chance on improving our roster immediately. Watching Sergachev these playoffs, he looks like a player that’s coming into his own.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
I think it goes
1. Sabres - Powers
2. Kraken - Berniers
3. Ducks - this is tough biggest need is a center, they can reach McTavish but if not I think they go Hughes or Eklund, likely Hughes though
4. Devils - I think they go Hughes, Clarke, Eklund but maybe Edvinsson in that order depending on who’s available

Reactions: Christina Woloski

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Inject Luke into my veins

but for real, outside of what people think about the prospect, drafting Jack's brother would be so huge for this franchise and its growth of the fan base and reach. Fast and exciting hockey.

I only say ignore what you truly think of Luke because hes been a top-5 prospect for this draft for a while now, so the idea that NJ is viewing him highly is simply common sense.

Also a question; would it be wrong of ownership to say to Fitzgerald 'hey, we like the idea of Luke and Jack'. Its not forcing hands but, at the same time, it would help regain assets with faster growth from a huge storyline (high-drafted brothers, always being in the Quinn Hughes convo, etc etc). So I dont doubt whichever of the owners is more invested would maybe hint, hey draft Luke and youre the GM for a long while Fitzy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad