Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I would love to know what Shero could acquire with a package of Severson + Zacha + Quenneville.
Doubt JQ has much value. Every franchise has a player like him.
Sevs we only move if Shero nabs Carlson. Zacha i'm willing to give up on if we can get a legit 2nd line center in a package involving him ( doubtful )

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would love to know what Shero could acquire with a package of Severson + Zacha + Quenneville.
If we’re giving away both Zacha and Severson it better be someone almost legendary.

IDGAF about Quenneville anymore though. I don’t think he has a future here. He could be an NHL player, I just don’t think it will be here.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If we’re giving away both Zacha and Severson it better be someone almost legendary.

IDGAF about Quenneville anymore though. I don’t think he has a future here. He could be an NHL player, I just don’t think it will be here.

Don't think it would be someone legendary lol but I think someone like Noah Hanifin could be a target

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I think if Shero could throw a fat blank check at Carlson, then move Severson+Zacha for a young top 4 LHD, then our defense can be revamped in one offseason.
Say he could swing a deal for Hanifin and sign JC.

Hanifin - Carlson
Butcher - Vatanen
Greene - Santini
Mueller

That is a damn nice defense core

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Why trade JQ? Hold on to him. He can potentially be a young piece on an ELC or cheap contract at some point. He likely has very low trade value.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You are not turning this team into a contender by overpaying a UFA, and trading good, young, cost controlled pieces for pennies on the dollar.

Also it isn’t so simple that you can just swap Severson for a Severson that’s plays the left side either. Asking for too many things to fall into place.

If you want to fix the D problem quickly, the 1st round pick is going to need to be on the table. Teams are going to want that pick for the caliber of player you guys want.

Also trading a 23 year old Severson without getting an even better player is just stupid. Firmly believe we get burned if we trade Severson.

Last edited:

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
In regards to this series, they say you're never out of a series until you lose on home ice. So lets bring this thing back to Jersey and send it back to Tampa all tied up! I hope Johansson is good to go. Insert him for Lovejoy

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Sigh... Zacha is a bum I hope we trade him

It would be amazing if McLeod could step up and become a decent 2C

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Sigh... Zacha is a bum I hope we trade him

It would be amazing if McLeod could step up and become a decent 2C

He’s quickly approaching bum status for me as well.

I remember thinking the guy was gonna be dynamite this year considering he had the whole, “stayed in NJ the entire summer to work on his game” story going for him.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Zacha was the final Conte/Lams draft, right?

Yes. Along with Blackwood, Speers, White, and Seney. And that's still probably better than our 2014 draft with Quenneville, Jacobs, Chatham, Rehill, Dudek, and Baddock.

We only picked 11 players combined in those two drafts. In just 2017 alone we drafted 11 players.

Reactions: Japam

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
McLeod looks like a long shot to become a 2C. Think your looking at a bottom six player more than likely.

If he can be a complimentary RW in the NHL I can see him in a top6 role. Otherwise I’m expecting a better-than-average 3C from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad