Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hey Guys,

I do not know if this will be allowed to stay on this thread but I know it would give this the most traction compared to the OT thread.

I have setup a fundraising page for a cause that is very close to me. Since I do not have a large social media presence I thought posting the link here would be a good idea. This is a fundraiser for the National Brain Tumor Society. It is 2018 so I know it is hard these days to give money but even $1 would help. I would greatly appreciate your support. Brain tumors have caused many hardships to my family and to a close friend of my mine. Anything would help. A walk for this cause is also taking place on May 12th.

Central New Jersey Brain Tumor Walk: Rudy R - National Brain Tumor Society

Thank you to the mods if this can be allowed to stay in this thread and thank you to those who can donate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Postseason Edition"

52acf.jpg

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
Geez, not a second of silence during a devils game..... like non stop fu**ing knives to the eardrum.... anyone else feel like steve canowormsi is really loud and obnoxious ?

Love the devils, just feel like the games are really stressful.... with these commentators

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Geez, not a second of silence during a devils game..... like non stop fu**ing knives to the eardrum.... anyone else feel like steve canowormsi is really loud and obnoxious ?

Love the devils, just feel like the games are really stressful.... with these commentators

I get stressed when I watch a game without Cangi and Dano

Reactions: New Jersey

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Here's a fan poll on twitter where you can do a mock vote for NHL awards. It would be a shame if Devils fans stuffed the ballot box so that Hall won MVP.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Is there any particular reason there has been very little change made to the 2nd PP unit? They are basically providing zero production. Once of the reasons I want MJ back is to have him play on it and improve it. We also should not use 2 D, it has been shown that is less than optimal and we do not have strong PP Dmen outside of Butcher and Vatenen.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is there any particular reason there has been very little change made to the 2nd PP unit? They are basically providing zero production. Once of the reasons I want MJ back is to have him play on it and improve it. We also should not use 2 D, it has been shown that is less than optimal and we do not have strong PP Dmen outside of Butcher and Vatenen.
Maybe they just want to ensure that they won't be giving up any shorties at that point in the PP.

Do other teams typically run 1 d-man on their 2nd unit? Do other teams have dangerous 2nd units?

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
20. When the Devils came to Toronto in December, they were in the playoffs by seven points. Asked if he thought they were good enough, Hall said he was close to convinced, except they were still too dependent on their goalies. Asked when he finally, 100 per cent believed it would happen, he pointed at the six-game road trip in March where they went 4-2.
“We were on the brink either way, just hanging on to the wild card,” he said. “The first game was in Nashville and we had a teem meeting before. Coach Hynes went up to the board and wrote our record against all the teams we still had to play. I think it was (a .672 winning percentage). It was a cool thing for him to do. He said, ‘This is how you’ve done against these teams and this is why I believe in you.’ Then we beat Nashville. I’ll remember that as something that catapulted us.”

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
A prediction from my model is probably the last thing Devils fans care about before the playoffs start. Before this season began, New Jersey was projected to finish dead last with 78 points. Other projections were lower in points, almost all had them in the bottom five, but none had them dead last. It was very difficult to see how that team as constructed could do any damage this season.

After 82 games I’m still not sure how it did.
But the Devils made it and the uphill climb only gets steeper from here. They face the East’s top-seeded team in the opening round and while the Lightning have lost some of their lustre in recent weeks, they’re still one of the league’s strongest teams and come into this series as very heavy favourites.

Maybe because the game is played on the ice, not via crunching "advanced statistics" in their infancy on a computer, which are not yet 100% understood in terms of total impact, outcomes, & holistic usefulness, and may not even appreciably answer the questions that they were designed to answer.

Just a guess.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i wish shero/hynes had instituted a social media blackout for our players for the duration of the playoffs (until we're eliminated). shows solidarity, commitment, seriousness and deters distractions. so i guess if shero and lou had a kid, and he became out GM one day, that'd be great.

it's not a huge deal by any means, it's just a personal preference of mine i guess.

Reactions: BenedictGomez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->