Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Svech had an apple earlier tonight. 4 points his past 3, let’s hope he continues to heat up.

If he has 4-5 more good games would love to see him up to keep the momentum

I still have hopes he and Rasmussen can put together the seasons and find their games to the point of making the wings next year. If those guys take those kind of steps, I really like our forward group next year.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I still have hopes he and Rasmussen can put together the seasons and find their games to the point of making the wings next year. If those guys take those kind of steps, I really like our forward group next year.

me too, mainly because it would be young. ras, svech and mantha are big goalscorers and skilled passers. larkin and AA speedsters and skilled. Frk and bertuzzi grinders with some skill

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tough to play against up front. We could also be infusing Cholowski and hopefully our first round pick onto the backend. We can dream right.:D

Hey that would be a fun team to watch and talk about.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Tough to play against up front. We could also be infusing Cholowski and hopefully our first round pick onto the backend. We can dream right.:D

Hey that would be a fun team to watch and talk about.

Hronek and Cholowski, but i'm really curious what saarijärvi can bring. He's been an offensive wizard everywhere he's been, hopefully he can show it in the NHL as well

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
me too, mainly because it would be young. ras, svech and mantha are big goalscorers and skilled passers. larkin and AA speedsters and skilled. Frk and bertuzzi grinders with some skill

not just younger, but more skilled. I really like the idea of running something like:

Nielsen-Z-Nyquist
Tatar-Larkin-Athanasiou
Mantha-Rasmussen-Svech
Helm-Glendening-Gator
Frk, Bert

Mix/match the top9 however, I just really like the depth and skill on that group a lot more than what we run out a lot of nights right now.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hronek and Cholowski, but i'm really curious what saarijärvi can bring. He's been an offensive wizard everywhere he's been, hopefully he can show it in the NHL as well
At this point, I'm waiting for Hronek and Saarijarvi to show it at the AHL level. They're not exactly ripping it up, even with PP time. They've got a good ways to go before they're NHL capable.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
At this point, I'm waiting for Hronek and Saarijarvi to show it at the AHL level. They're not exactly ripping it up, even with PP time. They've got a good ways to go before they're NHL capable.
I disagree about Hronek, save for the first couple weeks of the season, he has been awesome. He also has the best +/- on a pretty underwhelming/crappy team.

Reactions: Bruce Joker

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Chalk up two primary PP assists for Cholo tonight, he's been on a scoring tear lately. Back over ppg.

Reactions: Leronziia

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I disagree about Hronek, save for the first couple weeks of the season, he has been awesome. He also has the best +/- on a pretty underwhelming/crappy team.

Hard to judge off the numbers. The raw totals of 11 points in 27 games is nothing special, but its also by far the best point per game average amongst the Griffins dmen as a rookie pro. The defense on Grand rapids barely score at all. The fact that hes a rookie pro and theres an adjustment to be had there also makes the numbers even harder to judge

topdawg

Jan 17, 2016
Last nights game he wasn't wearing the C on his jersey according to the game sheet, so expect a trade for him soon.(Cholowski)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hard to judge off the numbers. The raw totals of 11 points in 27 games is nothing special, but its also by far the best point per game average amongst the Griffins dmen as a rookie pro. The defense on Grand rapids barely score at all. The fact that hes a rookie pro and theres an adjustment to be had there also makes the numbers even harder to judge
With a 2 point game he's now just below 0.50PPG which is definitely very good numbers for a just-turned-20 year old rookie pro. At the comparable stage in their development, Kindl had 17 points in 75 games, just to have a reference point.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Hronek is having a great first pro season and is definitely a step ahead of VS right now. I dont recall any of our defense prospects that came out of North American juniors in recent years having very good first pro seasons. Didn't Sproul and XO both struggle quite a bit in the AHL at first after being dominant junior players? I see Hronek as being a much more cerebral defenseman then we have had come through our system in a while, and he has the skill to go with it. I look forward to seeing how Cholo translates to pros, I see him as a somewhat similar player to Hronek.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Another 2-point game by Cholo: ppg+ppa (primary)

Btw Jake Bean has been traded to Tri-City.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Sulak 2+0 - This guy's skating is so awesome for a big dude, along with offensive talent. He makes some risky plays which may not always work out but put him in GR for a year or two and the award could be big. Here are the highlights but they may not be available internationally: Huippuhetket: KooKoo - Pelicans
Ehn 1+1
Adams 0+2 - He's heating up, 4 points in 2 games.

Reactions: muchbetterthanlada

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Sulak 2+0 - This guy's skating is so awesome for a big dude, along with offensive talent. He makes some risky plays which may not always work out but put him in GR for a year or two and the award could be big. Here are the highlights but they may not be available internationally: Huippuhetket: KooKoo - Pelicans
Ehn 1+1

He could have very easily had three assists on top of that seeing that highlights...

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015

19 points in 21 games - ranks him 11th in D-scoring.
0.9 point/game - 1st among Dmen.

Turns 24 in March, so I would think he needs to jump straight to the NHL. I am not sure he is capable of doing that.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Ehn 1+1

I wonder where the brass sees Sulak on the organizational depth chart. It would be nice to get him some AHL experience at the end of the year but I don't know how that will work with the WC schedule.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Sulak looked SOOOOO awful in the preseason.

I mean, he showed he can step into the play and make a shot.
But if I remember it right, he showed that during a game when the Wings were blown out, in part, because Sulak was so clueless, defensively.

So next year, Cholo is probably in GR.
Hronek, Saarijarvi and maybe Hicketts too.

When is Sulka going to come over? And will GR have room?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ehn 1+1

Interesting that you like his skating. I thought that was one of his bigger weaknesses during his looks in the pre-season. I think he is a poor start and stop skater which is a lot more important in NA in my opinion. I also think a part of that was he struggled with the pace he needs to make decisions, but I thought he would need to work on a lot of things to make it. Glad to hear he is having a good season. Sulak has some offensive gifts, like Redder Winger though had big reservations after the post-season. I will be curious to see how he looks in camp in the fall.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sulak looked SOOOOO awful in the preseason.

I mean, he showed he can step into the play and make a shot.
But if I remember it right, he showed that during a game when the Wings were blown out, in part, because Sulak was so clueless, defensively.

So next year, Cholo is probably in GR.
Hronek, Saarijarvi and maybe Hicketts too.

When is Sulka going to come over? And will GR have room?

I don't think he has any other options than trying to steal a Wings job straight on.

And I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

LD positions are still locked for a while.

When Kronner is retired and Green/Daley/Ericsson traded, it's pretty much Cholowski-Dekeyser-Ouellet who man the left side and we slide RhD kids in year-by-year.

I see this as a plan as far as 2020. Sulak could be 7th D at maximum.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad