Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Judging by the wjc threads, cholowski is probably going to get cut

Kinda sad we have zero players playing in the wjc. Our prospects really f***ing suck overall.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Kinda sad we have zero players playing in the wjc. Our prospects really ****ing suck overall.
Team Sweden.

Also Setkov for Denmark and Kotkansalo for Finland still possible.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Is Sulak still Red wings property ? Looks like he is doing well in Finland

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Kinda sad we have zero players playing in the wjc. Our prospects really ****ing suck overall.
Haven’t been keeping track, were Lindstrom and Larsson cut ? Also Setkov and Kotkansalo? That’s unfortunate if so.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not being invited to the team Canada camp has obviously gotten him going. He's been putting up points like crazy. Hopefully he keeps it up, he's playing great.

I dont think that thats necessarily the reason. He might just be finally feeling healthy and finding his groove after not being able to play for so long. He came into training camp not allowed to play games yet and his wrist was still bugging him. Then he played about 1 game in the 3 weeks or so leading up to the junior camp. Now hes sat out for a while, is playing healthy and dominating like he should be.

The people who didnt take that into consideration when he was slow to start the year (and not that slow really) and used it to have an excuse to whine about the pick won't look good by the end of the year

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Tri-City wins 1-0.
Ras with an even strength assist.

Edit: My bad, they win 4-3. Ras 1 ass, -1.

Last edited:
Reactions: lidstromiscool

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Nice goal by Gilmour!!

I’m pretty intrigued by Gilmour as a prospect but I hate highlights like this. This goal is an easy pokecheck away from being a nothing move. The puck protection here is horrific. Expose the puck like that in a pro league as you move *your entire body* to pull off the backhand and 3 different players have the chance to check you, your body, or your stick in that time. It doesn’t tell me any more than Marek Malik or Mark Mowers highlight goals do.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I’m pretty intrigued by Gilmour as a prospect but I hate highlights like this. This goal is an easy pokecheck away from being a nothing move. The puck protection here is horrific. Expose the puck like that in a pro league as you move *your entire body* to pull off the backhand and 3 different players have the chance to check you, your body, or your stick in that time. It doesn’t tell me any more than Marek Malik or Mark Mowers highlight goals do.

I posted the video of the goal as I thought it was a highlight reel goal for Gilmour. Yes, we can all break it down and find the weaknesses, but my first initial viewing of the goal that it was a nice goal and he should be seen for that. Little did I know that it would hurt him by people breaking it down.

Gilmour is a 7th round pick and chances of ever getting signed are very slim. I would imagine he plays his 5 years in Saginaw then takes his educational package and attends school.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

That describes most highlight reel goals scored at the CHL level. Still a nice play.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I posted the video of the goal as I thought it was a highlight reel goal for Gilmour. Yes, we can all break it down and find the weaknesses, but my first initial viewing of the goal that it was a nice goal and he should be seen for that. Little did I know that it would hurt him by people breaking it down.

Gilmour is a 7th round pick and chances of ever getting signed are very slim. I would imagine he plays his 5 years in Saginaw then takes his educational package and attends school.

I wasn’t calling you out specifically for posting it. It was more just a general rant about highlight clips of prospects in general.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
To be fair, that's what junior hockey is often like. It's tough to learn something if you never need to do it. When they turn pro, they'll be forced to adapt and learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad