Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Gallant with a goal tonight... Pearson with an assist.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cholo with a goal and Ras with an assist in the 1st period early on here.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Cholowski with a nice shot in his goal. In a way he reminds me of Guhle, but not as engaged. I'm sure that'll come with time.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Setkov played yesterday for IK Pantern in the Allsvenskan (Swe-2). Played most out of all their D's in periods 2 & 3. So he might have a similar season as Elfström last year, splitting time between SweU20 & Allsvenskan + a few games with Malmö's SHL team. Not sure if that's optimal, though all three teams are in the same city and he gets experience against men.

Today he's back with the U20 team, no points through 2 periods.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Setkov played yesterday for IK Pantern in the Allsvenskan (Swe-2). Played most out of all their D's in periods 2 & 3. So he might have a similar season as Elfström last year, splitting time between SweU20 & Allsvenskan + a few games with Malmö's SHL team. Not sure if that's optimal, though all three teams are in the same city and he gets experience against men.

Today he's back with the U20 team, no points through 2 periods.

Would he be a option for NA juniors?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For whatever reason I'm still really high on this guy.

Frk It has been pretty high on him since the pick. Converted me last year during his freshman year at Maine.

He is a good long-term project. I think a lot of what they saw in Turgeon and how they talked about him is present in Pearson to a higher degree.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk It has been pretty high on him since the pick. Converted me last year during his freshman year at Maine.

He is a good long-term project. I think a lot of what they saw in Turgeon and how they talked about him is present in Pearson to a higher degree.

Yeah, I think Chase is a nice under the radar prospect. Always liked Turgeon too, but he hasn’t turned out like I hoped.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Gallant is having a nice start to the season offensively while being his team's go to shutdown guy. I really hope his skating comes along.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
fromthe Grifs site

The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday reassigned forward Zach Nastasiuk and rookie defenseman Vili Saarijarvi from the Grand Rapids Griffins to the ECHL’s Toledo Walleye. In addition, the Griffins have assigned rookie defenseman Patrick McCarron to Toledo.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Zablocki 1+1, 2nd star last night.

Setkov scored in the Champions Hockey League yesterday:

Reactions: Leronziia

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
From the Athletic (paywall) :

Keith Petruzzelli, G, Detroit: Petruzzelli was fantastic in the game vs. BU, keeping Quinnipiac in it while the scoring chances kept coming. He moves incredibly well for a 6-foot-5 goalie and while at times he was a little all over the place, but often he gathered himself to angle off shooters well and square up pucks. Toronto prospect Joseph Woll and Dallas prospect Jake Oettinger likely have the USA net held down at the World Juniors, but I wouldn’t hold that against Petruzzelli due to age differences.

And, because a lot of people here where bitter when Rasmussen over Vilardi, looks like he's been severely hindered by an injury :

Gabriel Vilardi, C, Los Angeles: The 11th overall pick missed Canada’s junior camp and LA’s training camp with an injury, vaguely described as some sort of back/hip ailment. The early word was that holding him out was precautionary, but I’ve heard over the summer and fall hints from NHL people that it could be a serious injury. The Kings may be holding out hope he can make a turnaround as they haven’t publicly provided an update or any recent indication to the severity. Given where we are on the calendar, Vilardi’s injury situation is going from a minor fact to a potential problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->