Confirmed Trade: [DET/OTT] Alex DeBrincat (signs 4 years, $7.875M AAV) for Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, cond. 2024 or 2025 1st (DET or BOS), 2024 4th

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Man that guy scored 66 ots for you last season having a center that had slightly less than half of that. That's a good season.
But he readily admitted he didn't fully apply himself last year. Based on the chances he got he could have had another 7-8 goals, plus played better defensively, and the Senators could have made the playoffs.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
But he readily admitted he didn't fully apply himself last year. Based on the chances he got he could have had another 7-8 goals, plus played better defensively, and the Senators could have made the playoffs.
In that interview he sounded like a confused person not understanding what went wrong. He actually guessed that maybe one of the reasons was his laziness with shooting the puck.

There is also an alternate view - if Ottawa had played him with Stutzle he might have scored 20 more and Sens would be in the playoffs. Brady got that privilege.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
In that interview he sounded like a confused person not understanding what went wrong. He actually guessed that maybe one of the reasons was his laziness with shooting the puck.

There is also an alternate view - if Ottawa had played him with Stutzle he might have scored 20 more and Sens would be in the playoffs. Brady got that privilege.
Privilege??? He earned it. Brady is a better player than DBC.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Ottawa is the Ex that you try to let down easy, but everything you say is twisted out of context and gossip is spread amongst the friend group.

DeBrincat is just not into you, let it go.

“Maybe I got lazy,” becomes “he admits he was lazy! He was trying to hit posts so he wouldn’t have to play in the playoffs!”

“I want to become a better two way player,” becomes, “he purposefully sucked on D!”

Etc, etc.

Sens fans have become the softest fans on the internet.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
“Maybe I got lazy,” becomes “he admits he was lazy! He was trying to hit posts so he wouldn’t have to play in the playoffs!”

“I want to become a better two way player,” becomes, “he purposefully sucked on D!”

Etc, etc.

Exactly! Couple that with the understanding he was not drafted by OTT and has no allegiance to them just because they traded for him. The man has a right as a human being to say NO to an employer.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

Etc, etc.

Please don't be that guy and paint us all with the same brush. A lot of us moved on from ADB a long time ago. I was at the game and didn't even boo.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Detroit fans are already more obnoxious than Devils fans from last year and it's only been 2 weeks.
Almost as obnoxious as the sens fans thinking a 66 point, 6.4 million player was under performing and mailing it in. Or the ones acting like they won the cup after beating the Wings in those 2 late games last year. Or the ones, just a couple years ago, insisting brady was far better than Matt. Am I doing this right?

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Almost as obnoxious as the sens fans thinking a 66 point, 6.4 million player was under performing and mailing it in. Or the ones acting like they won the cup after beating the Wings in those 2 late games last year. Or the ones, just a couple years ago, insisting brady was far better than Matt. Am I doing this right?
1) He admitted it himself, not sure what else to tell you, bud.
2) Lol what fans were celebrating like they won the cup?
3) Even more lol than these straws that you are grasping at.

Glad to know that random comments from this website stick in your head, even years after the fact.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Glad to know that random comments from this website stick in your head, even years after the fact.
If you want to ignore context and everything, yea sure, he admitted he is lazy.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

That's not what he said, your twisting it. Got it, sens fans can say what they want, but you cry at wings fans saying something.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Hot start to the season by a small regular season player in my opinion.

Bad trade for Ottawa but DeBrincat isn’t this good.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Exactly! Couple that with the understanding he was not drafted by OTT and has no allegiance to them just because they traded for him. The man has a right as a human being to say NO to an employer.
Players shouldn’t have loyalty to the team that drafted them, the draft is an anti-player farce that should have been deemed illegal long sgo.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Players shouldn’t have loyalty to the team that drafted them, the draft is an anti-player farce that should have been deemed illegal long sgo.
I used to think this way, then someone said what if all of the top 5 picks banded together and said they only want to sign with one team. Then the perpetually bad teams will always be bad.

I do believe though that they should be able to sign for however much they want and not the "rookie pay" that goes on. If a team is willing to pay a player 2 mil to keep the rights of the player, then I don't see why they can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad