Confirmed Trade: [DET/OTT] Alex DeBrincat (signs 4 years, $7.875M AAV) for Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, cond. 2024 or 2025 1st (DET or BOS), 2024 4th

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Well he didn't play very well in Ottawa. He clearly is capable of playing alot better. So it's not like the criticism wasn't justified. What happens if he gets disgruntled in Detroit? Will he mail it in? I am glad for them they only commited to Debrincat for 4 years. Sucks for an organization and its fans when you pay your hard earned money to watch these millionairs not put in an honest effort.

He's on fire it's a great fit for DBC in Detroit great value grab by Yzerman. Dorion is an idiot. Big game on Saturday.
It's weird, besides the contract/extension concerns, I never felt bad watching DBC.

Even with he fight vs Farabee it felt he was kinda endearing himself to the team and to an extent fan base a bit.

Sucks he didn't play well enough for us to get a bigger return, and we definitely loss out on that top 10 pick for a wasted year but I don't fully understand the ill will towards him. I find that "not trying" comment is a little overblown and possibly misinterpreted. I took it as, he felt he just had an off year and couldn't get into it. Understandable for new city, new dad, new contract pending.

Reactions: NyQuil

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
He was never going to be happy playing second fiddle to Tkachuk and it sucked he lost his centre to injury so we couldn't see his full potential last season. I'm happy he's happy but there was no way Ottawa was going to win this trade. When Kubalik hit free agency I was really hoping he would sign here. I was glad he was part of the trade I just wish he'd get going this season.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
He was never going to be happy playing second fiddle to Tkachuk and it sucked he lost his centre to injury so we couldn't see his full potential last season. I'm happy he's happy but there was no way Ottawa was going to win this trade. When Kubalik hit free agency I was really hoping he would sign here. I was glad he was part of the trade I just wish he'd get going this season.
Cat and Norris just seem like a really odd duo to begin with.

Larkin makes so much more sense.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
We‘re really declaring this one of the best contracts in the league after 4 games? Looks like he had a good start to last season too, and a stretch of 3 games where he had 8 points. He’s a good player, but it’s just a hot streak.

HFBoards will always overreact to small sample size results.

Yes, I'm pretty sure we all understand he's not going to finish the year with a 102G and 164P...

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
HFBoards will always overreact to small sample size results.
I mean it's October that's what happens. HF isn't just going to shut down and stop talking about hockey until we're 40 games in.

But based on his entire career, last year's aberration would be the *small sample size results* compared to what he's done every other season, including this one.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Debrincat not helping Dorion get a better return by taking a job in a city where he doesn't want to live doesn't bother me.

It is a bit annoying that if he was this good last year, the Senators probably would have made the playoffs, and he has been openly honest about "yeah didn't try in Ottawa lol".

Ultimately, I am less upset about the Debrincat saga than other people, because I am a hardened Senators realist and a paranoid Senspiracy theorist. I was almost certain when Dorion traded for him that it was a 1-year rental with the idea being that Dorion would flip him to recoup his picks. Unfortunately, he didn't exactly come close to recouping what he gave up for him....

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Kubalik is streaky. He’ll disappear for 10 games then score 4 goals in 3 games.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I mean hey, at the same time you Red Wings are not complaining at all ahaha. The Red Wings offence is looking dangerous again. As it matures it shall actually become dangerous

I always root for Wings prospects. He worked hard, didn't have an attitude problem it seemed either. Just made a quote at draft day that maybe was a little too confident and went into a Wings team that was sub par his entire pro career, combined with the Griffins being up and down in terms of success and development. New start was a good bet for himself, giving up guaranteed money. Respect that.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad