Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Basically rigging it so that it makes you more likely to buy the lootboxes. f*** you so much Bungie. Definitely a "we've been caught so we'll change it" scenario. The fact that they've been doing this for over 2.5 months means they had no intention of fixing it until now. Also, when you add in the fact that they had Poptarts with 2x XP codes, you would have to think with how the system was from the very beginning that it basically makes those codes false advertising. Basically scamming people.

Also, not sure how 100% true this is, but something to read through about how things are currently at Bungie (this is a long list of images when you hit the spoiler button):

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Wait, people actually spent money on bright engrams?

I dont see how its better.. sure there might be more to do but it doesnt mean anything if theres no reason to do it

They shipped without private matches, you cant even pick what mode you want to play in pvp, no ranks, the weapons are boring and bland, took away our customization in skill trees

In d2 they gave out exotics and weapons like candy on halloween, in D1 I still had exotics to chase at this point, not to mention random roll weapons

I could spend hours in vog just trying to get up top around the oracle area.. The leviathan was cool at first but im already over it and think its the worst raid even below crota

It seems we simply have different desires as far as the grind then. Personally speaking, few things are less appealing than the idea of endlessly grinding away at the same mediocre activities for god rolls (or the requisite mats to re-roll).

I far prefer to have a wealth of better options, and choose what I want to do and when, in order to reach the same experience or gear goals (at least as far as light level, I accept and appreciate when specific gear is tied to specific activities and challenges). Which is what Destiny 2 provides.

I just don't really view Destiny in the same vein as an MMO or subscription game. I jump in, play til I get everything I want, wait for the updates, repeat. If I get 60-70 hours out of each release with my friends, that's well worth the money, even with extended periods between where I play something else.

For example, after beating the Raid and seeing what the gear looked like, I decided 'meh, I can live without re-running this for that gear... I already have the RL and the Scout, those are the only two weapons I wanted anyway'. But I decided I wanted the Iron Banner and Trials of the Nine gear and weapons. So I put in the time for that to get them all.

I do think Destiny 2 suffers from the same problem as Destiny 1 did as far as lack of content, but at least this time the content that is there isn't just artificially extended by monotonous grind.

Leviathan is the third best Raid IMO, after VoG and Oryx, but that's not saying much since those were the only two good Raids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar-too

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Don't underestimate stupid people with too much money, kids with their parents' credit cards or people with problems with addictions/gambling.

Yeah, I was kinda half-joking...

The latter two of those groups are borderline exploitation IMO. Especially the final one, cause the amount of data that publishers can pull on you and your behavioral profile is crazy. We're not far off from them being able to deliver carrots at the exact moment you're ready to peel off the game. If you're already pre-disposed to that kind of dopamine hit then it could be real bad.

The first.... I guess if they have more money than time, and just want some cool shit fast, then it's fine. It's not like you can get any cool gear or weapons from it, just cosmetic stuff.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
They did announce ranked Crucible slated for sometime next year.

Maybe I combed over to much but I haven't seen them mention getting rid of only one casual playlist.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Apparently the DLC is huge (in filesize). My buddy who lives in the middle of nowhere will start his download tomorrow when he gets home from work, and it will take over 24 hours he says :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is Curse of Osiris not buyable by itself?

I'm not giving Activision 50 bucks for an expansion that comes out when there will actually be better games to play in spring.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
RIP Destiny. :(

Hopefully they have a free weekend again for Destiny 3 so I can try before I buy.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Im enjoying the DLC so far. Getting a lot more engrams from public events and strikes

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Totally forgot this was out, maybe that's a good thing as I don't really feel like going back as I'll burn through everything in like a week. Might just wait until the large expansion comes out, same thing I did with D1.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
88 gigs for an update/DLC... that is a damn joke :laugh:.
Its not an 88gb download. Due to how playstation does updates, you need twice the total game available on the harddrive. Therefore since d2+dlc is 44gb you need 88gb available. It is only a 6gb download. 6. GB. 6.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So everyone is all up in arms about lootboxes in games like SWBFII and people are now questioning why people would spend on micro-transactions in Destiny? I know it's not an EA game but.... the whole damn system is broken as hell.

Heard the expansion only adds 1hr of gameplay. Yikes... Still seems like Destiny 1+2 if combined would barely be a full game.

Reactions: irunthepeg

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Not sure yet if I'm getting the dlc, some shady business practices just came to light with regards to Bungie.. Triple A games are just a mess.

https://kotaku.com/bungie-changes-destiny-2-xp-system-after-players-discov-1820728952
We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to.

AKA. Ya caught us so were going to change it.

Like they had no idea what they were doing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I didn't buy the DLC since the people i usually play with unanimously passed in favor of getting R6's new operators, but a friend of mine did and the outlook is not good.

- Main DLC storyline is about an 90-120 minutes long give or take. Given there's 5 missions, and the vanilla campaign missions took roughly 20 minutes give or take, 90 seems accurate.

- All new exotic cosmetics are locked to microtransactions apparently. They straight up don't show up in anything other than eververse bought engrams

- No new raid, with only the current raid being tweaked slightly.

- Probably worst of all, game modes in the old vanilla game (Trials/Nightfall/Prestige raid) are now locked out to players without the DLC.

I thought the main game was okay since my friends and i had fun with it, but thank god i didn't get suckered into buying the expansion pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad