Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Every god damned thread is you guys whining about having to pay for anything. You look like cheapskates. I want to talk about the game but it always devolves into having to pay for games.

Why don’t you (or someone) start a thread where you can whine about having to pay for games and stop hijacking the game threads.

Except everyone in this thread paid for the game, and some for the DLC. And it always devolves into that discussion because devs are finding ways to screw consumers. Why can't people just pay the 60-80 bucks (depending on where you live) and get a full product? Instead of this nonsense of getting locked out of content you already paid for?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Except everyone in this thread paid for the game, and some for the DLC. And it always devolves into that discussion because devs are finding ways to screw consumers. Why can't people just pay the 60-80 bucks (depending on where you live) and get a full product? Instead of this nonsense of getting locked out of content you already paid for?

They fixed it in a weeks time. Now it's just like it was in Destiny 1.

Did you go in to this game and not know what the DLC model was? It is the SAME AS THE PREVIOUS GAME. They didn't change it and they told everyone that.

Sounds to me like you should have paid attention and not bought the game at all.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Every god damned thread is you guys whining about having to pay for anything. You look like cheapskates. I want to talk about the game but it always devolves into having to pay for games.

Why don’t you (or someone) start a thread where you can whine about having to pay for games and stop hijacking the game threads.

Or... you could start a gameplay thread? Seems the majority is disappointed with the game & DLC, so that dominates the discussion.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
They fixed it in a weeks time. Now it's just like it was in Destiny 1.

Did you go in to this game and not know what the DLC model was? It is the SAME AS THE PREVIOUS GAME. They didn't change it and they told everyone that.

Sounds to me like you should have paid attention and not bought the game at all.

Whether or not they did it before doesn't make it any less crappy (and not-as-advertised, unless you seriously read up on the game in detail).

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH

This isn't a free game. And the DLC wasn't free either. The willingness of companies to engage in these sorts of nickel and diming tactics is gross.

Reactions: irunthepeg

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
This isn't a free game. And the DLC wasn't free either. The willingness of companies to engage in these sorts of nickel and diming tactics is gross.

He's apparently okay with giving them every nickel and dime and then defend it. It's apparently so terrible that we are complaining about how these companies, who get us to pay so much for games as is, love trying to get every last dime out of us while doing the bare minimum or new tactics to f*** over the consumer base (Destiny's XP bullshit, Destiny 2's locking the content behind DLC when it was available in vanilla beforehand, and BF2s pay to win tactics with lootboxes). It's so f***ing terrible that us, the consumer, are complaining about something that is dangerous for the gaming community and only benefits the companies themselves, not the customer. It's so f***ing awful that we're complaining about things that are awful for all of us.

Bungie's decision to do the XP grind wall, where it falsely showed how much XP you were getting compared to the actual amount, and the decision to block off content that was available normally in vanilla was all planned. This is not some sort of f***ing glitch or some sort of mishap or mistake. This was something planned by Bungie well in advance and it backfired spectacularly, and rightfully so. It's anti-consumer all the way and it basically shows the greed of the company while trying to do as little as possible.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I like the game, by and large. But I see how the introduction of microtransactions, and the DLC paywall, is very, very problematic. It taints the experience a bit for me.

I have no problem with a free game having microtransactions or ways to level up faster by paying for this or that special thing. Or paying for cosmetics or even better gear. The developer in that case has every right to cash in. But when I pay for a game, I should have access to all of what I paid for, and people who pay for an expansion to that game should have access to the whole game and then whatever extra there is. Bungie's unwillingness to make that accommodation in D1 and again in D2 is an unqualified bad. It's killing the golden goose, because no matter how fun the game is, people eventually start to feel like they're being gouged. And then the developer acts shocked that anyone's upset.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Holy shit, forget the Mercury Forge weapons, the new Season 2 Trials of the Nine weapons are f***ing monstrous.

The new scout rifle is basically a Nameless midnight with a MIDA fire-rate.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Holy ****, forget the Mercury Forge weapons, the new Season 2 Trials of the Nine weapons are ****ing monstrous.

The new scout rifle is basically a Nameless midnight with a MIDA fire-rate.

I’m making my way through the expansion story now. While it’s graphically excellent I’m saying to myself every few minutes ‘Where the f*** is this story going?’. Gonna ramp up some multiplayer when I get done with the story.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Imagine if the D2 locations, campaign, strikes, raid, pvp maps, etc. were just added to D1 as a $60 dlc (as opposed to a standalone sequel), wouldn't most people be pretty f***ing happy at all the content? I mean, I think there was somebody in this thread that thought that's what should have happened... but everyone here acted nuts towards him.

Turns out he was right all along.

Kudos to that guy.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Imagine if the D2 locations, campaign, strikes, raid, pvp maps, etc. were just added to D1 as a $60 dlc (as opposed to a standalone sequel), wouldn't most people be pretty ****ing happy at all the content? I mean, I think there was somebody in this thread that thought that's what should have happened... but everyone here acted nuts towards him.

Turns out he was right all along.

Kudos to that guy.

The hilarious part about this is that you're still wrong -- none of this makes your stupid dlc vs. sequel argument any more valid.

it's still a sequel even if people don't like it.

yet here you are, still patting yourself on the back.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Imagine still having know idea how game development works but pretending you do for like 3 straight months.

Reactions: Ar-too

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
It's funny that he comes here saying he was right all along considering none of the games issues are related to it being a standalone game.

Only the cool people disappear for a month and then claim themselves the winner of an internet argument.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
The hilarious part about this is that you're still wrong -- none of this makes your stupid dlc vs. sequel argument any more valid.

it's still a sequel even if people don't like it.

yet here you are, still patting yourself on the back.

What the hell are you talking about?

The Destiny community was at it's happiest after The Taken King and Rise of Iron dlc's. Take that game (where everybody was happy), and add D2's new locations, campaign, strikes, raid, pvp maps, new guns, etc. as dlc (You know... my exact argument from the get go). Everybody would have been ecstatic.

But releasing it as a standalone sequel for some nonsensical reason? Erasing all the previous content? Look what THAT'S done.

I understand that it must be a little embarrassing for you to be as astonishingly wrong as you've been. So you tried to save face with that cringy post above.

But just admit it man. It will make you feel better. Releasing the new Destiny dlc as a standalone sequel for some reason was NOT a good idea. It never was a good idea. And the fanbase has spoken (well... other than JUST hfboards for some reason...)

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Only the cool people disappear for a month and then claim themselves the winner of an internet argument.
You have to understand that hfboards was literally the only place on the planet that was defending the D2 expansion being released as a standalone sequel.

It would be like if I came in here and said "Actually, the world isn't flat" and you guys all went nuts acting like I was the crazy one.

I actually suspected that you guys were all just joking with me. That you all pm'd each other and said "Let's pretend that it isn't flat out psychotic that the D2 expansion is being released as a standalone sequel. It will drive the guy nuts." That actually makes more sense to me than hfboards being literally the only place on earth that defends what happened. So if that's what you did, kudos I guess. Well played.

But if it wasn't a joke? If you guys really thought you had the normal argument? That I was the one being outlandish?

Well... when people are that cocky about something they were DEAD wrong about... yeah, you go back and throw it in their faces every once in a while.

You should all take such a humbling experience like this as a reason to self reflect and grow as humans. Being THAT wrong about something must be humiliating. But there is still room for you all to grow. There is still room for you all to grow.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Well, I half agree with the guy - they should've at least had some kinda carry-over benefit from D1 characters, rather than a total reset. A way to import some exclusive gear or something - that woulda propped up sales of the old game too, as people would want to get their hands on it just to fully deck out their D2 character. Maybe have it locked out until endgame when you hit max level, then have some of your D1 gear somehow accessible. Maybe an exclusive map or two only available to D1 people, as well. It's not like they aren't already built.

The concern seems especially valid because the D2 game is so incredibly disappointing and empty.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
giphy.gif

A live look at guardians today.

Mayhem is fun as well.

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I love throwing snowballs. Never been a huge Mayhem fan but it did get my weekly Crucible chore done faster. The problem with this game is there's one day a week where I actually care to play cause I knock out all the powerful engram activities out then it's like "now what." All that stuff should reset daily :laugh:

Reactions: Guerzy

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Apparently Activision and Bungie just can't help themselves but try to outrace EA to the bottom in how greedy and slimy a ****ing company can be.

Bungie's latest Destiny 2 event is pure greed, even by low loot box standards

Meh.

Everything you can get in a dawning engram will be made available via the store for bright dust over the course of the event. You level up, get bright engrams, break down the shit you don't want/need or dust, use dust to by whichever completely optional and utterly irrelevant cosmetic item you desire.

Yes, videogame companies are trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of consumers. That's a fairly understandable by-product of the cost of game production sky-rocketing while actual game prices have stayed relatively consistent (at launch that is, thanks to Steam and console store sales, game prices on average are going DOWN).

I frankly have no problems with this, so long as the shit stuck behind a pay/grindwall doesn't impact gameplay (Battlefront 2).

"All the interesting shit is being gate-kept by Tess". Is he f***ing kidding?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
"All the interesting **** is being gate-kept by Tess". Is he ****ing kidding?

He's not wrong there. Ships, ornaments, sparrows. All the stuff you used to be able to play the game for in D1, you can only get if you buy it with bright dust or real money.

I mean, in general, significantly more items have been added to the Eververse inventory than have been added as rewards from Strikes or Crucible or whatever.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
You can end up buying them wjth dust but most of the interesting things cost between 1000-3500 dust which unless you grind 24/7 you won’t get enough to buy one, let alone multiple things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad