Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Ugh, this guy and his rules... :naughty:

I'm interested in seeing the trailer and if anything looks that "different." I feel like we'll most likely get the same looking game with new planets and weapons...

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Ugh, this guy and his rules... :naughty:

I'm interested in seeing the trailer and if anything looks that "different." I feel like we'll most likely get the same looking game with new planets and weapons...
What "new" or "different" stuff would you be looking for?

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I mean they ditched PS3/360 which was holding them back big time, so I expect bigger and better things.

Will remain cautiously optimistic though, considering how hyped I was and ultimately let down from Destiny 1.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I mean they ditched PS3/360 which was holding them back big time, so I expect bigger and better things.

Will remain cautiously optimistic though, considering how hyped I was and ultimately let down from Destiny 1.

I feel the same.

I really hope they put in a better effort on story mode this time around. I think it's a really cool world that they just teased us with last time.

The gun play was pretty fun last time, so I'm intrigued. Will wait and see.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What "new" or "different" stuff would you be looking for?

Will ships do ANYTHING (see: ANYTHING)... will they change the way guns work (instead of a pre-determined gun maybe you can customize pieces to make your own guns)... will there be a story... will they allow you multiple ways to have GOOD loadouts instead of always just one "must have" set of armour/weapons... will they let you achieve this being a solo/non-PvP player... will "raids" become raids where you have like 20 people instead of 6 (Destiny's version of a "raid" is very watered down and it kind of irks me that they use that term)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Will ships do ANYTHING (see: ANYTHING)... will they change the way guns work (instead of a pre-determined gun maybe you can customize pieces to make your own guns)... will there be a story... will they allow you multiple ways to have GOOD loadouts instead of always just one "must have" set of armour/weapons... will they let you achieve this being a solo/non-PvP player... will "raids" become raids where you have like 20 people instead of 6 (Destiny's version of a "raid" is very watered down and it kind of irks me that they use that term)

Can you imagine trying to coordinate 20 people on console? There's just no way. 8-10, maybe. 20 people would be awful.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Finally for the ****ing PC! Really wish they did PC for the first game.

Sadly no gameplay shown in the trailer.

Early Access Beta with Pre-order:

https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

Also, as a side note, I really ****ing hope they fixed the ping and tickrate issues of the first game (tickrates were way too ****ing low at 10Hz). Also, I want them to have dedicated servers to run games instead of ****ing peer to peer. Make it dedicated servers with 60Hz tickrates and all will go very well and smooth.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What a ****** trailer... Tower is kill and the Cabal did it... (although I will give them, it's a good "story" for why we can't carry our weapons and gear forward).

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Maybe next time they could give us the entire story line right?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Them giving you the whole picture? Just look at the first game, no way that ****ing happens :laugh:.

Also, Bungie, go **** yourself. You make the LE only available at Gamestop while every other version is available elsewhere. **** you *******s.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

They turned "the whole tower got destroyed and everything is lost" into "GARY" and "LOOT" memes. The tone flipping between Zavalla and Cayde was brutal. I like Cayde when you come across him in the game but this gives the game such a dumb goofy feel.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Them giving you the whole picture? Just look at the first game, no way that ****ing happens :laugh:.

Also, Bungie, go **** yourself. You make the LE only available at Gamestop while every other version is available elsewhere. **** you *******s.

I'd assume Activision is the ones to blame for that and not Bungie.

Anyways, as someone that's still playing Destiny the trailer was fine. It gave me enough information to get my excited but it didn't reveal everything.

I'm hoping that Bungie learned from their mistakes of the first year and the game is more like The Taken King.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Anyways, as someone that's still playing Destiny the trailer was fine. It gave me enough information to get my excited but it didn't reveal everything.

I'm hoping that Bungie learned from their mistakes of the first year and the game is more like The Taken King.

Even so, who the hell does this? I could MAYBE understand the highest end version being Gamestop only, because of it being even less in supply and demand than the other versions, but this is the middle version.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

The problem is, people are going to jump on the hype train and in the mean time fail to realize that the game is probably going to be more of the same of what made it successful in the first place. I'm sure the story will be improved and the game won't be as much of a grinding mess, but it is still going to be a FPS that requires repetitive things to get what you want. The DLC model also looks to be exactly the same.

To be honest if you have a sour feeling about Destiny 1, stay the hell away from 2. Please.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I absolutely loved Destiny's PvP. Might be one of my favorite online experiences of this generation. I never wanted to touch the raids because I didn't have a group of friends playing, not having built in matchmaking was ridiculous and every group of randoms I played with just wanted to beat it quickly some cheesy way. Part of the reason I stopped is it seemed like the game was forcing me into single player and raids just to stay on an even level with other people gear-wise. If everything was unlockable through PvP I would have stayed with it longer.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
If the campaign was less repetitive I would've absolutely loved this game.

As it is I liked it quite a bit, and the PVP was indeed amazing. Will wait until I read reviews of the campaign being varied before I invest in this one, if I do at all.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like everyone's issues with the story/dlc shouldn't apply to Destiny 2. Destiny had all those issues because there was a redesign in the 6 or so months leading up to its release. Destiny 2 has been in production for a few years now and there has been no exodus of people, no rumblings of any major shifts.

But like others said, it will still most likely be based on the things that made it successful. If you hate the way the game is organized right now chances are you won't like Destiny 2.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Even so, who the hell does this? I could MAYBE understand the highest end version being Gamestop only, because of it being even less in supply and demand than the other versions, but this is the middle version.

Oh, I agree entirely and it's completely backwards but it's par the course for the things in industry. It only seems fitting that a game that blocks content to one of 2 consoles, I'd assume it will soon be 3 with PC coming aboard, has the distributer lock editions at a certain store.

The problem is, people are going to jump on the hype train and in the mean time fail to realize that the game is probably going to be more of the same of what made it successful in the first place. I'm sure the story will be improved and the game won't be as much of a grinding mess, but it is still going to be a FPS that requires repetitive things to get what you want. The DLC model also looks to be exactly the same.

I could see that being the case but I'm willing to be a bit more optimistic. Bungie has stated that they intent on Destiny 2 having a different feel than Destiny 1 and it's part of the reason why people can't bring certain things forward. That being said I'm not going to automatically assume things will be different and I'll wait until the game play revels happen to make any judgments.

I think it will still have the same core elements that any FPS RPG game would have but they'll be able to make the game world feel fuller. An article on Kotaku from Jason Schreier outlined some of the changes that they hope to bring to the game. My personal favorite is this:

One of the terms we’ll be hearing often with Destiny 2, according to sources, is “play-in destinations”—a new activity model that will revamp how Destiny’s world functions. The plan, from what I’ve heard, is for Destiny 2's planet areas to feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more interesting than the patrol missions you can get in Destiny.

To me that sounds somewhat like moving around in WoW. Going from Stormwind to Goldshire and so on in a sort of seemless transitions and more NPCs you can interact with. It may not be to the same scale but that's the sort of thing I'd like to see implemented.

To be honest if you have a sour feeling about Destiny 1, stay the hell away from 2. Please.

I think if someone dislikes the core elements of any FPS RPG then they wouldn't like Destiny or a game like Borderlands. They should watch the gameplay reveals and check out some gameplay from the Beta and make the decision for themselves. Even if PVE isn't for the them I still think the PvP in Destiny is the best FPS shooter to come out in a long time. Overall, I do expect Destiny 2 will be an improvement on Destiny 1.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I feel like everyone's issues with the story/dlc shouldn't apply to Destiny 2. Destiny had all those issues because there was a redesign in the 6 or so months leading up to its release. Destiny 2 has been in production for a few years now and there has been no exodus of people, no rumblings of any major shifts.

But like others said, it will still most likely be based on the things that made it successful. If you hate the way the game is organized right now chances are you won't like Destiny 2.

True, but I expect changes to the old stuff also.

Things like bigger and more flushed out zones, the ability to Que into things while doing other stuff - not having to go to orbit; breaks immersion for sure, having a lot bigger central hubs that are also more flushed out, having things like factions actually meaning something, etc. The first few were rumoured a few months ago by Shinobi on NeoGAF so I expect the core components to still be there, but the game being evolved on a lot of things; which it needs badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad