Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
@irunthepeg and I are looking for some people to do some nightfalls and the raid with. If you're playing on PC and are interested, hit us up!

Rune#1535 (Mine)
irunthepeg#1336 (Irunthepeg)

Reactions: irunthepeg

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It sucks that they messed up with the end game again. It's like they didn't actually hire anyone with an MMORPG background. Why would you make end game focused on doing something once per week and offer no way to improve your character outside that?

My friends finally caught up to me, so I did the Nightfall for the first time last night. I loved it. A massive improvement on Destiny 1's Nightfalls. We decide to do it again a little later that night and find out all you get is a few measly Vanguard tokens for it. Why make it so there's no incentive to do it more than once?

I don't need you to shower me in upgrades, but making it so it's literally impossible to get any upgrade outside things that give you powerful items once per week is just stupid design.

Reactions: TorMenT

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I love it...

This thread is completely dead.

Who would have thought?

Release DLC as a standalone sequel that costs $60.

Everybody will just accept that, right?

They won't be bored of it right away, being that it's a reskin of the precise same game with the only change being altered special weapons?

Who would have thought?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I love it...

Who would have thought?

They won't be bored of it right away, being that it's a reskin of the precise same game with the only change being altered special weapons?

Who would have thought?

Could be worse... could be EA :laugh:

Reactions: Guerzy

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I love it...

Who would have thought?

Who would have thought?

You're here.....

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The game is dead because they changed things too much, not because people can no longer do Vault of Glass or do patrols on Mars.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The game is dead because they changed things too much, not because people can no longer do Vault of Glass or do patrols on Mars.

The game is dead because after the first week of playing, all you can do is log on to do the powerful gear weekly milestones and maybe the raid if you have 5 other friends or are interested in trying to do it with random people. Maybe you like PvP and can play Trials one night. Who knows.

But it boils down to the same basic problem D1 had- there's nothing to do. And in fact they took out the grinding for D2, so even running strikes for a couple hours every night doesn't pay off.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They're fine with people running out of content, being that they aren't running a subscription service. They've explicitly said as much; was true in D1 and they've leaned into it even more here.

The difference now is that the community that kept D1 going all the way to D2's release already seems tired of the slower paced/lower skill ceiling PvP, on top of already having every gun/exotic.

Even the higher difficulty raid settings or flawless trials runs have no incentive behind them now, but that's what you get when development decides to cater to the X percent of the Destiny 1 community that whined about not being able to get the loot from those challenges in the first game.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The shitty thing is there's actually plenty to do, but no reason to do it.

Add something as simple as being able to hand in 500(or some other ridiculous number) of a token for a powerful engram. I might actually log on and do a few patrols and public events when I'm bored if it felt like I was working toward something that could improve my character.

This game quickly turned into something I only play on Tuesday and I'm not even sure that's going to last much longer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Exactly, there's no incentive to do anything other than the bare minimum. Grinding tokens is a waste of time because the gear you get will always be lower than the gear you have.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Rabid, it's almost like you're saying he's the reason the thread is completely dead. :badidea:

I just don't understand why the guy cares so much. Does he really need that kind of validation? Personally, I enjoy the game. What I question is why there will be a likely production cycle similar to D1 when they should have learned all the necessary lessons going into D2.

Reactions: Ar-too

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I just don't understand why the guy cares so much. Does he really need that kind of validation? Personally, I enjoy the game. What I question is why there will be a likely production cycle similar to D1 when they should have learned all the necessary lessons going into D2.

This is about where I'm at. It feels like a sequel to vanilla Destiny, not year three destiny. It feels like a ton of little things that were added along the way are gone. Two steps forward and one back.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hot take: I don't think Leviathan is a very good raid.

Specifically, I think there are too many instances where one player screws up and it's basically an automatic wipe. There's none of that fun tension VoG had, where you could survive and push through and revive and keep going. In this one it's all mechanics driven, so if one guy dies or can't get to the right place in the right time, everybody just dies. It's dumb.

I have beaten it, and I'm glad I did. But now I'm trying to help a friend through, and I'm just reminded of all the bullshit.

Oh, and the armor (for Titans) looks bad. I far prefer my flawless TotN gear.

Reactions: irunthepeg

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Control has to be the most frustrating thing in the game.

Not only is PvP absolute garbage in this game, you have a team full of idiots who run from A to B to C to A to B to C causing the other team to spawn on one of your undefended points instead of just defending two points.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
PvP is exponentially better when you play on a set team instead of randoms.

That said, there are still problems.

The recategorization of weapon types combined with the TTK basically mandates team-shooting. You can call that a matter of taste, but I think Bungie could tune it a tad so that teamwork is still important, but more skilled players can still go hero-mode more often.

The bigger problem is meta-whoring. You basically have a half dozen or so legit options and everything else is trash.

Antiope-D
Multitool
Nameless Midnight
Uriel's Gift
Prosecutor
Origin Story
Last Hope

If your loadout doesnt include one or two of these, you're basically choosing to be disadvantaged.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
PvP is exponentially better when you play on a set team instead of randoms.

That said, there are still problems.

The recategorization of weapon types combined with the TTK basically mandates team-shooting. You can call that a matter of taste, but I think Bungie could tune it a tad so that teamwork is still important, but more skilled players can still go hero-mode more often.

The bigger problem is meta-****ing. You basically have a half dozen or so legit options and everything else is trash.

Antiope-D
Multitool
Nameless Midnight
Uriel's Gift
Prosecutor
Origin Story
Last Hope

If your loadout doesnt include one or two of these, you're basically choosing to be disadvantaged.

You forgot Better Devils

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
really wish i didnt buy the season pass.. not supporting this joke of a game made for casuals anymore

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
really wish i didnt buy the season pass.. not supporting this joke of a game made for casuals anymore

I mean, for all it's flaws, it's certainly a better game than Destiny 1, which was just 'hey, how about you grind for hours to get nothing and like it'. I'm interested to see how they continue to build on Destiny 2.

The only part of vanilla Destiny 1 that is worlds better than Destiny 2 is the Raid. VoG is waaaaaaay better than Leviathan. But vanilla Destiny was pretty much mediocre or outright garbage outside the Raid.

Plus, I'd sure as hell take the Leviathan drop structure over replaying VoG on Hard 3 times a week for weeks and still never getting Fatebringer.

Last edited:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I dont see how its better.. sure there might be more to do but it doesnt mean anything if theres no reason to do it

They shipped without private matches, you cant even pick what mode you want to play in pvp, no ranks, the weapons are boring and bland, took away our customization in skill trees

In d2 they gave out exotics and weapons like candy on halloween, in D1 I still had exotics to chase at this point, not to mention random roll weapons

I could spend hours in vog just trying to get up top around the oracle area.. The leviathan was cool at first but im already over it and think its the worst raid even below crota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad