Prospect Info: DeBrincat Part 2

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think, (according to small sample size in preseason) Deputtytat lol will make the team right away, and will make us forget Panarin in a hurry. A.D. has the SHOT and the PASSING ability to go with his high hockey I.Q. My biggest concern is Hoss missing this season cuz he has big skates to fill. WHO will step up and fill them? Hoss may be HOF material?

Agreed. Hossa cannot be replaced. Simple as that.... but I must say the nickname for Saad as Hossa light is valid.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Saad is certainly closer to Hossa than any winger we had on the roster.

It won't fill the hole, but it helps.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Old news Sting!

If a site like nbcsports or yahoo sports posts something from the Hawks, it's likely to have been written hours ago by at least one of Powers, Myers, Laz, Hines, etc.

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
Old news Sting!

If a site like nbcsports or yahoo sports posts something from the Hawks, it's likely to have been written hours ago by at least one of Powers, Myers, Laz, Hines, etc.

Roumeliotis pinch hits for Tracey Myers on NBC Sports, formerly CSN. He's just late...

Reactions: CallMeShaft

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Last year's Hossa was great.

Two years ago he wasnt great.

Not saying he wasn't but he was still slowing down skating wise. At the same time, the guy was a genius hockey player and positioned himself in such a way that it didn't matter. I'm glad we got to see him go out like a boss, especially in the playoffs. If we were good last year, he would have put up numbers. He was the only guy that really went full tilt. In retrospect, he must have known. Some things you can't trick yourself into doing.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
3283f2d31b64fa9333113063bdaf6cd7--don-knotts-barney-fife.jpg
You are aware TT is still playing in the NHL, right?
Yup, if you consider Mayberry RFD the NHL.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think it's fair to say this years Saad will be an upgrade over last years Hossa.
Offensively for sure, but Saad brings a different game. He doesn't PK and he doesn't have the defensive or takeaway abilities. Hossa also protects the puck as well as anyone in the league.

One can only hope that Saad reaches the point where he can be compared to Hossa without the puck.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Hossa is one of my favorite Hawks of all time and he was great last year. Thing is at his age he easily could have fallen off a cliff this season and not been been nearly as effective. It's very possible we can do better with the LTIR money then what Hossa would have given us this season, especially if we can hold on and use it later in the season when it can bring us more.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Offensively for sure, but Saad brings a different game. He doesn't PK and he doesn't have the defensive or takeaway abilities. Hossa also protects the puck as well as anyone in the league.

One can only hope that Saad reaches the point where he can be compared to Hossa without the puck.
Saad will definitely be a PK guy here.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Saad didn't get much PK time with Columbus. And when he was originally here, he was used more as a forward who'd step in if a PKer was in the box or injured.

No, but he PK'd with the Hawks. I'm about 99% positive it was Toews/Hossa and Kruger/Saad when he was here. Prior to that Frolik was PK'ing with Kruger until he wasn't here. I believe.

I could be remembering wrong, but I'm almost positive Saad was a regular PK guy here during his first tenure.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
No, but he PK'd with the Hawks. I'm about 99% positive it was Toews/Hossa and Kruger/Saad when he was here. Prior to that Frolik was PK'ing with Kruger until he wasn't here. I believe.

I could be remembering wrong, but I'm almost positive Saad was a regular PK guy here during his first tenure.

Saad did PK, but he was a fill-in guy for when one of the other PK guys were in the box.

The pairs were usually Toews-Hossa and Kruger-Frolik(2013)/Kruger-Smith(2014 and 2015). Handzus also PKed more than Saad in 2014. When Smith was traded in 2015, Saad took his spot along-side Kruger. Which everybody found kind of odd at the time, since they had just picked up Vermette who played on the PK his entire career.

By 4v5 TOI he was the 5th most used forward 4v5 in 2015. The 6th most used forward 4v5 in 2014. And 5th most used forward 4v5 in 2013.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hossa is one of my favorite Hawks of all time and he was great last year. Thing is at his age he easily could have fallen off a cliff this season and not been been nearly as effective. It's very possible we can do better with the LTIR money then what Hossa would have given us this season, especially if we can hold on and use it later in the season when it can bring us more.

... and then the PO's begin and folks begin to realize how much Hossa is missed., even at 38.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
... and then the PO's begin and folks begin to realize how much Hossa is missed., even at 38.

He was a huge when we needed to "steady the ship". Saad will be able to help with that but he will be missed.

Do you think we trade his contract?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
very happy for the kid- proud in fact. I have seen something in this kid for years that others seem to completely look past. he still has a lot to overcome, but like he has done everywhere he has been, he has proven people dead wrong. he simply shouldn't have made this team out of camp according to many, what's the next excuse/complaint now?? he shouldn't score more than 20 goals this year? keep them coming (this is for the entire HF Boards of course), kid loves being told he can't do something only to crush it out of the park! he has the perfect opportunity to excel here playing with Kaner or dropped sometimes on that 3rd line...there will be ups and downs but I am confident he will have far more ups then downs.
i think and i am pretty sure i think i can vouch i was and has been D-cat biggest skeptic. however he has shown , thru hard work and yeah skill to belong to break camp and play in the nhl.

there, i am eating my crow. ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad