Prospect Info: DeBrincat Part 2

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I am an Erie Otters season ticket holder. In Erie, we called Alex "Whiskers." He was one of our favorite players, along with Connor McDavid and Connor Brown. He is a class act. You will love his compete level.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am an Erie Otters season ticket holder. In Erie, we called Alex "Whiskers." He was one of our favorite players, along with Connor McDavid and Connor Brown. He is a class act. You will love his compete level.

I'd bold the "You will love his compete level." and tell you that I already do, as I'm sure most Hawks fans do, but you've already bolded your whole sentence. Thanks for ruining my post.

:jk:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There's a lot to like about that goal. Aside from the beauty snipe itself, great smarts and awareness to pull up in that pivot. Not only did he open himself up for a one-timer, he created time and space for himself for that couple of seconds and that's all he needs. His intelligence and instincts on full display there. He knows how to find open ice and with that release he doesn't need a lot of time to get a good shot off.

Yeah, that goal was disgusting, on Price in Montreal too, that's as good as it gets.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You can see his awareness because the normal player would not have added the 4-5 of gap and would have just drove to the net even though the D was ready for that. The slight lag and movement created enough separation to get the shot off and open up the pass.

The draft picks are looking really good and Debrincat is just the latest.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I might of been wrong about Brinksy&3rd line. Sharpie and Brinksy lately playing
really well together. Also Brinksy has totally surprised me with his defense.
So at the moment, Brinksy fits to 3rd like a glove. Kudos Q!...good call,i was wrong.

But i won't give up on my notion of AA,at least what comes to
5 on 5 hockey,Sharpie&Brinksy look good together,
AA seems the odd man out in that line...5 on 5 .
- PP, AA is fine

Reactions: migi

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I might of been wrong about Brinksy&3rd line. Sharpie and Brinksy lately playing
really well together. Also Brinksy has totally surprised me with his defense.
So at the moment, Brinksy fits to 3rd like a glove. Kudos Q!...good call,i was wrong.

But i won't give up on my notion of AA,at least what comes to
5 on 5 hockey,Sharpie&Brinksy look good together,
AA seems the odd man out in that line...5 on 5 .
- PP, AA is fine

Nah. AA is the crasher/battler/net front guy. Sharpie is the shooter. And Cat is both the playmaker, and a sniper. Looked fine to me, honestly. Who would you prefer centering them?

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Nah. AA is the crasher/battler/net front guy. Sharpie is the shooter. And Cat is both the playmaker, and a sniper. Looked fine to me, honestly. Who would you prefer centering them?
you know, you make a convincing argument on AA centering for D-cat. the only person i can think will do a decent job would be Toews.

is there any young players or 4th liners that may do that job in a yr or 2 ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sikura or Knott? IDK.
i know what you mean, this was puzzling for me as well. i was just spit ballin and trying to see who can do the better job next season. ok thanks

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just to remind of everyone of
I won't go there anymore :) (or maybe just a little :))

I don't know,but i'd rather have someone with close to similar size (6 foot 3ish) and abilities
yet ,faster skater and would give more to 5 on 5., again,i don't know
who that be,.......

Hayden?,but then who would replace his spot in 4th?
Kero? ,switch AA to wing?,nah...it seems its a pipedream,rather than reality.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So how many years do the Hawks have Brinksy the Cat under control? How the heck did this kid not make the US Junior team? And he's only going to get better as the NHL stamps out needless physical play.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
So how many years do the Hawks have Brinksy the Cat under control? How the heck did this kid not make the US Junior team? And he's only going to get better as the NHL stamps out needless physical play.

Next 19 years.

:naughty:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just for annoyance :) heres once more (last time),with feeling. Alex DeBrincats full-junior-stats
- i so like to annoy people :) actually not,but it seems to be highly accidental,every single time

Lake Forrest Academy+Erie Otters | 2013-2014, 2014-2015 -> 2016-2017
Regular+Post+M-Cup

312 games | 274 goals+286 assists= 560 points

And for icing on a cake: highlights

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Including this season, he's signed to an ELC for 3 years.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
it was him getting cut from the squad, that was when i thought or wasn't sold on him. i never followed him and didn't know anything about him.

now with question you ask about the US Junior team, i am wondering what happen there.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's not a good camp player it appears, he never did stand out in camp looking great for the Tourney's and didn't really last year or this year for the Hawks.

He also wasn't great the year before in the tourney and got hurt or sick or something during it.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
He's not a good camp player it appears, he never did stand out in camp looking great for the Tourney's and didn't really last year or this year for the Hawks.

He also wasn't great the year before in the tourney and got hurt or sick or something during it.

Small area games might not be the best display for his talents. They tend to be a little contrived, and likely some drills are stacked against individuals his size.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Alex had a sub-par 2016 WJC for team USA. Got hurt, took a stupid penalty and got suspended in the tourney - the following year at camp he just looked sluggish and lacking drive - he played his way off that team which is a shock considering how hard working he was game in and game out in Erie. he had a top 6 spot penciled in for him, but again the games I saw and the word at practice was he wasn't giving his all. Team won the Gold so they made the right call, but an obvious wake up call for Alex as he has been playing on another planet ever since.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Alex had a sub-par 2016 WJC for team USA. Got hurt, took a stupid penalty and got suspended in the tourney - the following year at camp he just looked sluggish and lacking drive - he played his way off that team which is a shock considering how hard working he was game in and game out in Erie. he had a top 6 spot penciled in for him, but again the games I saw and the word at practice was he wasn't giving his all. Team won the Gold so they made the right call, but an obvious wake up call for Alex as he has been playing on another planet ever since.

Yeah, he's been money so far.

Reactions: iiStylesx

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
But the question is how money has he been? $25 or $150?
Apparently a lot more than that.
ADB-Money-600x454.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad