Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I stuck to the 6 years - $6.5 million. This was always about the lockout protection. I understand it has $3 million signing bonuses in 2020 and 2022, but we'll see.

This from August 1

We're always happy for your insight Dom you genius.

One more thing I have to say, I'm actually really happy he's not our highest paid, unneeded stress on him. Should be some nice competition between him and Marchy this year tho, haha.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Heard the hold up was the Bruins' FO wanted a club option to terminate the contract in the event of an overtime, playoff game holding penalty leading to a series clinching PP goal by the opponent.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Maybe I have somehow missed it. But it would be neat if this poll was changed to how happy people are with the deal. I'm sure it will be a resounding "very happy", but I am interested to see if there is still some hesitancy amongst some around the boards.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Maybe I have somehow missed it. But it would be neat if this poll was changed to how happy people are with the deal. I'm sure it will be a resounding "very happy", but I am interested to see if there is still some hesitancy amongst some around the boards.

Watch out for Edmonton fans in the poll however leaf fans will come to our aid. Such a good deal. Dom nailed it! :handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pastrnak goes to China on Behind the B last night was hilarious

He is so goofy in an endearing way

The entire episode was excellent my favorite one ever

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
fun episode, liked the exit interview of prospects where DS mentions or asks Bjork if it felt like he was one of if not the best player out there and Bjork replies with a quick "yes":yo:

Good point by whomever was sitting with DS where he stated to not simply defer once camp kicks off and constantly pass off to Bergy/Marchand whomever he`s playing with once he has the puck, good advice

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Pastrnak goes to China on Behind the B last night was hilarious

He is so goofy in an endearing way

The entire episode was excellent my favorite one ever

Guess I should start watching again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Episode one for me is always one of the most fun, probably because I`m missing the game so much and I`ll take anything at this point but it`s usually the episode where most of the focus is on the prospects and they covered the kids pretty well on there.

There`s a part in there where Marchand is working out in front of the prospects, you really should watch it, great lessons in there for the kids

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
fun episode, liked the exit interview of prospects where DS mentions or asks Bjork if it felt like he was one of if not the best player out there and Bjork replies with a quick "yes":yo:

Good point by whomever was sitting with DS where he stated to not simply defer once camp kicks off and constantly pass off to Bergy/Marchand whomever he`s playing with once he has the puck, good advice

Too cocky. Cares about himself, not the team. Time to move on.

:sarcasm:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The day after and this feels even better. I am at (hockey) peace, very zen feeling. :p

Agreed. I never had any doubt that he was going to sign, but it's still such a great feeling to have him back for so long, and at such a great deal. We have Marchand, Bergeron, and Pastrnak together for at least 5 years... Awesome. :)

I always get excited this time of year, but I'm even more excited now. The sky is really the limit with him. I remember being so high on Seguin, especially after his second year, but I honestly think that Pastrnak is so far ahead of where Seguin was at this time. Seguin's 4th year was the year he started contending for the Art Ross. I don't want to set my expectations too high but I honestly think that Pasta has the skill (and DEFINITELY the linemates) to start doing that as well. An entire year of 63-37-88 healthy and at their best is just downright scary.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I'm late to the party as usual

Love the Pasta deal . My guess early on was a deal similar to Marchand's deal but in thinking about it I like this deal better too much can happen in the NHL in 8 years this gives the team more flexibility . And perhaps even more incentive for Pasta to set himself up for his next deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln