Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
My girlfriend decided to capture the moment at the bar where Pasta and I came together so I could give him some advice, which culminated in his signing. What a couple of lookers!

lEgnwOC.jpg

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
My girlfriend decided to capture the moment at the bar where Pasta and I came together so I could give him some advice, which culminated in his signing. What a couple of lookers!

lEgnwOC.jpg

That's awesome. She's a good artist. Can't speak for the likeness of you, but Pasta's is awesome. So, I'm going to guess your's is pretty good too!

So, at the risk of being rude, it looks like you broke your nose at some point. Good story?

I ask because mine looks similar. Drunken "hall football" knee to nose moved it over a bit. My wife is glad I don't drink anymore.:laugh:

I'm just having some fun here!:naughty:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
That's awesome. She's a good artist. Can't speak for the likeness of you, but Pasta's is awesome. So, I'm going to guess your's is pretty good too!

So, at the risk of being rude, it looks like you broke your nose at some point. Good story?

I ask because mine looks similar. Drunken "hall football" knee to nose moved it over a bit. My wife is glad I don't drink anymore.:laugh:

I'm just having some fun here!:naughty:

Several times :)

I did a lot of fighting in the junior hockey ranks up here in the greater toronto area growing up - and clearly never went beyond those ranks since my nose was busted up so much haha

and yes, she's brilliantly talented in my own biased opinion - I've asked her to do several pieces, lol - this is one she's working on now, a great shot of Kevan Miller about to dance with Brayden Schenn.

Thanks for the kind words, mate.

BUqX9ac.jpg

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Several times :)

I did a lot of fighting in the junior hockey ranks up here in the greater toronto area growing up - and clearly never went beyond those ranks since my nose was busted up so much haha

and yes, she's brilliantly talented in my own biased opinion - I've asked her to do several pieces, lol - this is one she's working on now, a great shot of Kevan Miller about to dance with Brayden Schenn.

Thanks for the kind words, mate.

BUqX9ac.jpg

Looks incredible.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Awesome nose

I'm just having some fun here!:naughty:[/QUOTE

Makes mine look straight...lol. How are you ears, any cauliflower effect going on? I boxed for years and had few hockey battles myself. Even though I'm not as handsome as maybe I once was, wouldn't change a thing. Respect to anyone who has the nads to step up when it's required, win, lose or draw.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Someone's got to say it- Pasta didn't look like 6+ million dollars last night. First preseason game and all that but I hope as the regular season begins that the contract doesn't keep Cassidy from showing him the bench when he's not on his game. Getting bumped down on off nights was good for him last year when his overall game got too loose.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Someone's got to say it- Pasta didn't look like 6+ million dollars last night. First preseason game and all that but I hope as the regular season begins that the contract doesn't keep Cassidy from showing him the bench when he's not on his game. Getting bumped down on off nights was good for him last year when his overall game got too loose.

tZOS8.gif

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I'm glad you were able to watch the game - I wasn't able to.

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006

Ok, your going sarcasm? If not whey to strong on your only young offensive talent.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ok, your going sarcasm? If not whey to strong on your only young offensive talent.

Whatever - it is what it is. He's younger than most of the kids we're talking about and he certainly has something to prove (6.7million things), it's one game and it's the preseason. Certainly not a big deal.

But he also certainly needs cassidy to stay on him if/when he slips. I hope his deal doesn't get in the way of that. That's all.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Whatever - it is what it is. He's younger than most of the kids we're talking about and he certainly has something to prove (6.7million things), it's one game and it's the preseason. Certainly not a big deal.

But he also certainly needs cassidy to stay on him if/when he slips. I hope his deal doesn't get in the way of that. That's all.

Ding, ding, ding...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I haven't seen Cassidy be hesitant to bench players

But definitely one game so... personally I thought he looked perfectly finefor a first game back with not as much to prove as the other guys. Love the sneaky stuff he does like stealing pucks

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

I thought he was one of the best players for the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I typically worry less about a vet or someone who`s been in the league a few years if they don`t look "on" during pre-season. I`m not a baseball guy but I liken it to players in the grapefruit league, who just try to improve and get ready with each start in preparation for the regular season

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I typically worry less about a vet or someone who`s been in the league a few years if they don`t look "on" during pre-season. I`m not a baseball guy but I liken it to players in the grapefruit league, who just try to improve and get ready with each start in preparation for the regular season

Totally agree- I just don't have him as solidly in that veteran group who doesn't need to look "on" during the preseason. He's 20, just signed a monster contract, and the team is counting on him now rather than treating his production as gravy.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Preseason means nothing to me for players who've been through it a few times. Could care less if he scores 10 goals in the preseason, just like I could care less if he doesn't score any, etc. The biggest thing for me is no injuries, and showing up to put in the conditioning work in.

I mean FFS Pablo Sandoval looked like an All-Star for the Red Sox this past spring training, and look how that turned out.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->