Injury Report: Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

OpRedDawn*

We're supposed to just sit back and take the beatings. If we try to stand up for ourselves, we just get beat on worse, and get called out for being goons.

10dynasty38*

Wonder why the depth of hate between Vlasic and Heatley.

So you want your players to intentionally injure a player because he accidentally injured Heatley, and apologized for it afterwards? :shakehead

He can apologize until he is blue in the face, it still doesn't take away from the fact one of our top scorers is out probably the rest of the season. He gets and 8000 dollar fine. Really? Na na na na na na noooooo. Hell no. Teams with good chemistry stand up for each other and don't tolerate this BS. I don't care if someone does get suspended, a message needs to be sent that this team won't put up with that crap or next time it could be Parise or Koivu.

10dynasty38*

Vlasic's actions looked pretty intentional to me. Are you only saying it was an accident because of his apology?

What does a 3 year old say after breaking a lamp when they were caught red handed? They don't deny it, they only say, I'm sorry.

You are correct. Intentional all the way. Apologies are worthless when the damage is already done.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
SJ announcers just said Heatleys shoulder popped out, it is not a wrist injury but a dislocated shoulder according to them.

Depending on the degree of separation this doesn't mean season ending but it could be. I have had varying degrees of separations over the years, some worse than others.

I just watched the replays of it over and it does look like he is reacting to his shoulder as he gets up. Has anyone on the Wild said this was a wrist injury or was that assumption?

Billy Mays Here*

Wishing injury on other players isn't going to solve anything. Drop the gloves if you want or hit em' hard with a clean check, but injuring them back isn't going to solve anything. The best revenge is to dominate them on the scoreboard. I'm worried about Torres trying some cheap **** on our guys when we play them again though. **** Torres, he's a cheap piece of ****.

10dynasty38*

Wishing injury on other players isn't going to solve anything. Drop the gloves if you want or hit em' hard with a clean check, but injuring them back isn't going to solve anything. The best revenge is to dominate them on the scoreboard. I'm worried about Torres trying some cheap **** on our guys when we play them again though. **** Torres, he's a cheap piece of ****.

Good grief! I am not promoting injury. I am promoting a good solid azz kicking. I never said anything about maiming or dismembering.

I remember back in the Jacque Lemaire day we had a squad with a little less talent but a lot more team unity. Brent Burns was a big piece. Go to you tube and look up Brent Burns Chainsaw and you'll know what i'm talking about. Basically Burrows speared Bouchard and Butch went after Burrows. A scrum insued and Mciver went after Bouchard and Burns commenced to whippin the tar out of him. That is how these things should be handled.

10dynasty38*

If you look at the chainsaw video and watch Burrows ( the puss that he is) ready to go with Bouchard, all it took was for Simon to tug on his jersey to remind him that if he is going to start something with Bouchard he will have to deal with him.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Anyone think Heatley will go on IR?
I think he will be back sooner rather than later. He is still with the team and getting treatment according to Russo this morning which further confirms in my mind that it is shoulder related and not wrist. He may fly back to meet with the team Dr today. It is a positive sign that they didn't send him back right away to be with the medical staff.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Russo is making it sound like he needs shoulder surgery and is done for the year!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If he's done....that's LTIR right? Meaning if we had to go over the cap a little, we could. Or am I wrong?

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Sooo....does that mean he couldn't be bought out?

He needs to be healthy before next season, you can't buyout an injured player.

It's the reason MTL told Gomez not to report early in the year, because they didn't want him to get hurt and not be able to buy him out.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
maybe he can pretend to be healthy until we can buy him out and then get the surgery :sarcasm:

i guess we could trade him, hes not a completely useless player, someone would pick him up for cheapo if he doesnt miss too much of next season (assuming he isnt healthy before we can buy him out)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
maybe he can pretend to be healthy until we can buy him out and then get the surgery :sarcasm:

i guess we could trade him, hes not a completely useless player, someone would pick him up for cheapo if he doesnt miss too much of next season (assuming he isnt healthy before we can buy him out)

...or we can hope that Russo is wrong and Heatley won't need surgery, just some rest and rehab....

[fingers crossed]

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
He wasn't even sent back to Mn to see the Orthopedics team so there is no way they have determined already he needs surgery.

Until yesterday everyone including Russo thought he had a wrist injury.

I still say we see Heatley before the season is done.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

As I began to indicate the past few days, I finally got it confirmed tonight that Heatley will undergo shoulder surgery Tuesday at the Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday. That’s why the itinerary changed and he flew here to Ohio.

It’s a scope to repair a dislocated left shoulder suffered in San Jose during that altercation with former teammate Marc-Edouard Vlasic on Wednesday. Mike Yeo says this doesn’t necessarily mean Heatley will miss the remainder of the regular season, but you know it’ll be pretty darn close. The reason he and the team has elected for surgery is because this should quicken his return rather than just letting it heal naturally.
Ummm....can you heal from shoulder surgery that freaking fast?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Russo

I'm no orthopedic surgeon (but I DID say at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

From what I understand, a "scope" is a fairly simple procedure. It's nothing like surgery to repair a rotator cuff or anything like that. The dislocation might have dislodged some cartlidge and they would use the scope to go an and clean out that loose cartlidge.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Russo

I have had several shoulder operations. The most recent one was last summer and i was swinging a golf club a couple of weeks afterwards. The work was performed by the orthopedic surgeon for the Mariners and it was the quickest recovery I have had from any of the work done on my shoulders.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I don't think Heater is getting bought out as much as i think he might get traded to a team looking to reach the floor with Wild eating some money. Think about it his cap his is 2 million higher then what he is going to get paid, heatly at 3.5mil or 3rmil (Wild eat 2 or 1.5) is very good for a team looking to add 5+ million to their cap.

So we get a low return gets him off the cap and lets be honest Uncle Leo may not be keen on writing a huge cheque

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
But he'd be ready for harsh contact during a game? That's crazy. But on the other hand, it'd make that buy out more possible. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad