Injury Report: Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Am I the only one here who likes Heatley?

I personally like him (my only jersey with a name). If he can become faster (shouldn't be hard) in the offseason then I could see him returning to being 25-30 goal guy. He's on pace to score 25 goals this year with less minutes. His shooting % has gone up from last year. He really seems to care just his legs make him seem lazy and out of it.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I have nothing against him, but there's something wrong with his legs this season and I'm really not interested in having a 3rd line player with a cap hit as big as his. It's nothing personal.

Billy Mays Here*

Wish they would increase the fine amount because players making millions never even feel these miniscule fines they give out. Make em' at least 5% of the player's salary. That'll get their attention.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wish they would increase the fine amount because players making millions never even feel these miniscule fines they give out. Make em' at least 5% of the player's salary. That'll get their attention.

This is a prorated about due to the shortened season. In a normal 82 game season, this fine would be much more, I believe.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

Overall I like him. I get annoyed when he looks like a movie montage where someone's standing still and everything goes on in time lapse around him, but the last few games every time I've looked for him he's been moving as much as anyone else on the ice.
I don't think he's up for first line duty anymore, but his production (on par with Pominville's this season I believe) for a second or especially a third liner is absolutely nothing to complain about. It's just that cap hit.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Sharks fan here, in peace. Obviously can't condone a major slash like that. Apparently it wasn't the slash that caused the injury, though. Got this from Hockeyfights, which also explains the fine amount:

NEW YORK -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined $8,378.38, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for slashing Minnesota Wild forward Dany Heatley in NHL Game No. 542 in San Jose on Wednesday, April 3, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 20:00 of the third period. Vlasic was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for slashing.

A review of the incident that included a conversation with the Minnesota Wild confirmed that Heatley suffered an injury in an ensuing scrum and not as a result of Vlasic's slash.

As a first-time offender, the maximum Vlasic could be fined was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Hope he recovers quickly for you guys. Looking forward to our next game. :)

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Heatley would be awesome if hockey allowed a designated hitter. If he could only play in the offensive zone, that would be awesome. He has a boomer of a shot, and is a big body who can play in front of the net.

But, this situation is never going to happen.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
I'm honestly kind of looking forward to having him off the roster. I don't like to see him injured, but I don't really want him on the ice.

I don't agree with this, and I think after you see how I change this statement you might agree with me. :D

Upon more thought, it's actually Stoner I hate to see on the ice. :cry:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
All the people that hate Heatley can kick rocks..he hasn't don't anything to warrant his hatred. He puts the team first. Hasn't complained about playing 3rd line and everyone in the room loves him..Yeo says this over and over..

Sure he isn't the 50 goal scorer but he is still a very serviceable 25-30 goal scorer in the right situation and that situation is right here in Minnesota.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Heatley would be awesome if hockey allowed a designated hitter. If he could only play in the offensive zone, that would be awesome. He has a boomer of a shot, and is a big body who can play in front of the net.

But, this situation is never going to happen.

Its called the Powerplay??

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
All the people that hate Heatley can kick rocks..he hasn't don't anything to warrant his hatred. He puts the team first. Hasn't complained about playing 3rd line and everyone in the room loves him..Yeo says this over and over..

Sure he isn't the 50 goal scorer but he is still a very serviceable 25-30 goal scorer in the right situation and that situation is right here in Minnesota.

I'm not seeing any hate from Wild fans directed towards Heatley. I think we all like the guy. It's just his production doesn't match his contract. $7.5 million for a 3rd line guy, is a little rich for our blood, and he is going to get bought out this summer.

But I'll wish him all the best. :)

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Heatley is 3rd on the team in Goals not sure why people say they are looking forward to him not playing! We need as much scoring as possible and he does score big goals on occasion!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think it's fair to call sentiments like "get that bum off the ice" and "uggg can we just sit Heatley" etc as "hate" muck. no one is talking about disliking him as a person.

oh, and if you noticed, Jarick, contract has been brought up. :)

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
i think it's fair to call sentiments like "get that bum off the ice" and "uggg can we just sit Heatley" etc as "hate" muck. no one is talking about disliking him as a person.

oh, and if you noticed, Jarick, contract has been brought up. :)
As much as you want to ignore what his cap hit is you just can't Ryn. It does matter.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
As much as you want to ignore what his cap hit is you just can't Ryn. It does matter.

i'm not ignoring it and i'm for a buyout. that whole comment was directed at an earlier discussion when people were essentially calling him useless. just pointing out that bad value =/= no value. that in fact having Heatley on the team > better than sitting him if we want to have the best chance possible of succeeding this year.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
One thing people need to remember is that the Wild made the trade for Heatley to get rid of Havlat who wanted nothing to do with this team, and was making a similar amount of cash over one more year.

The Wild needed to take a bad contract back to get someone to take Havlat's bad contract. The Wild managed to get a shorter one, on a player who until last night had been durable and moderately productive.

Yes Heatley aint what he used to be. But he's a ****ing all star and you should respect his authoritai :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad