Injury Report: Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
He wasn't even sent back to Mn to see the Orthopedics team so there is no way they have determined already he needs surgery.

Until yesterday everyone including Russo thought he had a wrist injury.

I still say we see Heatley before the season is done.

Russo's piece on Heatley tonight says that he is having surgery at a clinic in Cleveland, which is why he traveled with tea, to Columbus.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Can we just LTIR him and tell him to get his legs worked on as well as his shoulder?

Anyone remember at the start of the year how good Heater looked? I think he re-injured something.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
Is it really feasible that he could be back before the end of the regular season?

OpRedDawn*

From that article "Heatley dislocated the shoulder when he was driven to the ice during an altercation with the San Jose Sharks' Marc-Edouard Vlasic during a game April 3. "

Uh, nope. It was after the game.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm amazed a surgery could heal it quicker and potentially within three weeks.
Clear the crud out of the way is the best way to describe it or "out with the old and in with the new".

Not sure if he has had past shoulder injuries but it is hard to imagine he hasn't had at least minor ones over time. Spurs build up, fraying happens to the tissue without being torn and clearing that stuff up does wonders. I was in pain and had more then one dr send me off to physical therapy and the result was nil. A friend sent me to his orthopedic surgeon who is also the surgeon for the Mariners and he said PT was pointless and that the shoulder couldn't heal from past injuries because of those issues.

Like i said earlier two weeks after surgery i was swinging a golf club and hadn't done that pain free for a couple of years.

On the flip side of that i had a surgery several years ago on my shoulder (rotator) that hobbled me for months on end but what they did wrong with that was not repairing the minor issues such as the fraying and the spurs in the AC joint.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Can we just LTIR him and tell him to get his legs worked on as well as his shoulder?

:laugh:

Anyone remember at the start of the year how good Heater looked? I think he re-injured something.

I honestly wonder if there's been a hidden injury all season long. I think that is a good hope because if by some miracle (on his end) he stays, he might come back a different player, a better player, next season. Who knows.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well according to many Shark fans Heatley deserved this, because after all he instigated the whole fight with Pickleboi. GRRR

That whole game is making me re-evaluate my position on the Sharks.

They were my 2nd favorite team heading into that game, not sure where they stand with me now.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
This would be a blessing in disguise if Yeo could remember that he has Zucker in the system.

You realize that's a GM move and not a coaches move, right? I thought in all your experience you would know something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad