Injury Report: Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
i'm not ignoring it and i'm for a buyout. that whole comment was directed at an earlier discussion when people were essentially calling him useless. just pointing out that bad value =/= no value. that in fact having Heatley on the team > better than sitting him if we want to have the best chance possible of succeeding this year.
Agreed. I have been very critical but i was actually hoping that Yeo would move him up to the second line to play with Seto and whoevers name gets drawn out of a hat to play 2C.

I am not happy at all with what happened to him last night, it flat out sucks. One thing about him that i will absolutely give him credit for is he does not miss games, when he grabbed that arm and skated faster then he has all year to get off the ice my stomach ached cuz i knew it had to bad.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
maybe he needs a shock collar if pain motivates him to speed :p

too easy.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Wish they would increase the fine amount because players making millions never even feel these miniscule fines they give out. Make em' at least 5% of the player's salary. That'll get their attention.

FWIW that IS an increased amount, drastically increased. For larger portions of the salary, that's what suspensions are, in effect. You are right that these fines don't do that much to deter behavior, but that's kind of the point. Fines are meant to be a lesser penalty. They do establish a history however.

In any event, bummed about the injury to Heatley, enjoyed the scrappiness of the game but you don't want to see a freak injury happen. I like Heatley, and liked him as a Shark.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Am I alone in the fact that I hate it when injuries are only referred to as "upper body" or "lower body"?? I would like to know what in the **** in ailing both Heatley and Cullen. Does Heatley have a broken or sprained wrist/forearm? Did Cullen pull his hammy or groin?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Vlasic takes a retaliatory baseball swing after the end of the game: Small fine
PMB has his stick lifted into opponent's face on the faceoff: Suspend that man!!!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Vlasic takes a retaliatory baseball swing after the end of the game: Small fine
PMB has his stick lifted into opponent's face on the faceoff: Suspend that man!!!

To be fair, Heatley did take the first swing. He just happened to miss.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
To be fair, Heatley did take the first swing. He just happened to miss.

Before that he was cross-checked in lower back behind the play (E: I now realize that it's probably beside the point). But wasn't Heatley injured by the take down, not the slash?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Before that he was cross-checked in lower back behind the play (E: I now realize that it's probably beside the point). But wasn't Heatley injured by the take down, not the slash?

Correct on both points..

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
If the team buys out Heatley's contract, are they in the clear to negotiate a new contract with him?

10dynasty38*

Whether Heatley was injured on slash or the fall something needs to be done. I was dissapointed to see Suter and the boys get only minimally involved after the incident. It should of been a full out donny brooke.

I'm hoping Yeo tells Konopka or Rupp to take a run at Vlasic next go round to even the score and send a message that being bullied will not be tolerated. Afterall it was Konopka who said something along the lines of "Parise and Koivu will be able to have a cup of coffee at center ice when I'm around and not have to worry". Time for him to earn his paycheck.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN

If you watch the video again, Vlasic followed up the cross check with a slash before Heater swung back.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Whether Heatley was injured on slash or the fall something needs to be done. I was dissapointed to see Suter and the boys get only minimally involved after the incident. It should of been a full out donny brooke.

I'm hoping Yeo tells Konopka or Rupp to take a run at Vlasic next go round to even the score and send a message that being bullied will not be tolerated. Afterall it was Konopka who said something along the lines of "Parise and Koivu will be able to have a cup of coffee at center ice when I'm around and not have to worry". Time for him to earn his paycheck.
If they had gotten involved in a full out donny brooke then the Wild would be even more short handed because there would have been automatic suspensions handed out.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

That was a nasty cross check as well. Wasn't a love tap by any means. That should have gotten called instantly.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

So you want your players to intentionally injure a player because he accidentally injured Heatley, and apologized for it afterwards? :shakehead

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So you want your players to intentionally injure a player because he accidentally injured Heatley, and apologized for it afterwards? :shakehead

I read that post you responded to a couple of times, but I never saw the words "intentionally" or "injure" in it.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN

Vlasic's actions looked pretty intentional to me. Are you only saying it was an accident because of his apology?

What does a 3 year old say after breaking a lamp when they were caught red handed? They don't deny it, they only say, I'm sorry.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

Right there with you. You must serve justice otherwise you will be kicked around the league.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Unlike many around here I actually don't mind Heater. Sure he has his faults, but he offers some decent secondary scoring, and seems like a real team player. I don't think losing Heatley is going to effect the Wild all that much however. He will be back by the playoffs I'm guessing. Cullen on the other hand is much more of a hit to our team. Seto looks like a little lost monkey out there right now. PMB, no idea what's been his buzz lately. He seems like he's hung up his career already. That whole line I predict will be a mess from here on out. And when Cullen returns, it's not going to be an instant love fest for that line again. Hope Pommer, Koivu, and Parise can step it up, and carry the load.

J22*

I cant speak for others, but I can tell you what I would like to see.

I want to see Stoner destroy Couture with a crosscheck in front of the net, and if Couture takes exception, I want to see Stoner kick the living hell out of him. I dont really care if Stoner apologizes when he is done.

Having said all of that. I am not all that upset with what Vlasic did. I would just like to see the Wild be willing to take their game to that level some times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad