Injury Report: Dany Heatley (Shoulder) UPD: Out for the season + likely playoffs as well

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
To be honest, I feel for him that his career has gone this way. He went from a heavily favored forward to have because of his play and most especially his shot. Now its "get the surgery done and rest up for another team"

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Does anyone know when a player can be cleared as healthy?

I'm under the impression that if Heatley isn't ruled healthy by the end of this season the earliest he can be ruled healthy is the beginning of training camp next year.

And aren't there salary cap restrictions by the time camp starts?

Maybe there is some way we can put Heatley on LTIR and spend over the cap, then since we have so many young guys we can send them down to the AHL on paper to make room to activate Heatley and buy him out before calling them back up.

Hopefully CF has a plan.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Sort of...

Teams were allowed to go 10% over the cap until the end of training camp and I don't think those rules changed.

Should be close then I think, too complex for me to understand.

Anything preventing you from buying out a player then re-signing him for cheap?

IE:

Buyout Harding to make room to buyout Heatley, then re-sign Harding for league min?

Obviously there might be some collusion or something there, and Harding would have to want to take less than he might able to get somewhere. <= Assuming they actually want to keep Harding and just use him as a way to get around cap restrictions temporarily.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Should be close then I think, too complex for me to understand.

Anything preventing you from buying out a player then re-signing him for cheap?

IE:

Buyout Harding to make room to buyout Heatley, then re-sign Harding for league min?

Obviously there might be some collusion or something there, and Harding would have to want to take less than he might able to get somewhere. <= Assuming they actually want to keep Harding and just use him as a way to get around cap restrictions temporarily.

Can't buy out a player and then re-sign him.

651*

The curse of the Minnesota pro sports injury bug continues, as sure as the sun comes up.

So much for winning the Cup.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Any updates on Heatley? Is there any chance at all to get him back for this playoff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad