Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They have 13 million to sign Nylander and tidy up the defence. We have 3 million left on the cap!

Unless they are making a trade, the d-market isn't anything special via FA. If they make a substantial trade to improve their defense, it'll probably cost them Nylander.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They have 13 million to sign Nylander and tidy up the defence. We have 3 million left on the cap!
I’ve looked it over and all I can say is if you are still posting check back with me next year how this all worked out

I’m not wasting mine or your time just get back to me next 4th and we can discuss HOW the previous 365 days unfolded

KABOOM!!!!! POW!!!!! ZOINK!!!!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This the combo I saw proposed by Leafs homer Mirtle. Babcock also said that Marner will be with JT (pretty much guaranteeing he asks for $8-9m next year lol):

Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Brown/Kapanen

That's pretty stout, but their F lines were really good last year with JVR and Bozak. It was the D that was the issue (and Andersen didn't look like a top goalie either in the playoffs).

Personally I don't think they'll ever have real success in the playoffs until they can get Andersen better back-up support and they get his games played number from the 65 game range down to the 55 game range.

The last starting goaltender to win a cup and play more than 57 games in the regular season was Quick way back in 2012.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
How about next year when they are paying Marleau $6m, JT $11m, Matthews gets $11-12m, and Marner wants $8-9m after putting up big numbers playing with Tavares?

You can add around 5 million to their cap space as Nathan Horton goes straight to LTIR if needed.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Then you're risking bonuses carrying over to the next year.

Right now they have around 15 million free cap space with Nylander and few depth guys left to sign, so bonuses shouldn't be an issue.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Right now they have around 15 million free cap space with Nylander and few depth guys left to sign, so bonuses shouldn't be an issue.

You misunderstood the thread. The person I quoted said they could spend into the LTIR this season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs have $13 M to spend; well they would be wise to do a 1 year deal with any player because they are going to need every cent

Matthews, Nylander, and Marner will be jumping from under 3 M to possibly above $27 M

2019-20

Matthews 11
Marner 8
Nylander 7
Taveras 11
Marleau 6.25

Over $43 M on today’s 78.8 Cap

No D
No G
Need 8 more forwards

Gerry, your Leafs better hope for a big cap increase

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How about next year

What’s the 23 man roster look like

D will be soft and inexperienced

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You can add around 5 million to their cap space as Nathan Horton goes straight to LTIR if needed.

They can’t put him on LTIR until after the season starts. On opening day, they need to be Cap compliant with his salary. It’s why the B’a eventually moved Savard’s contract even though he was never going to play again.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think this is my preferred forward line-up to start the year:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-Heinen-Backes
Wagner-Kuralt-Acciari

I'm not expecting it, as the Bruins have given no indication that they will put Heinen at center, but this keeps all your best young forwards in top 9 roles. My only concern with Heinen at center is face-offs. He hasn't had a lot of experience with them at the NHL level. Maybe you have Backes take them? Cassidy clearly doesn't think Backes can play center anymore, but he's still solid at the dot.

I think you've also got to break up the current first line to provide more scoring depth. We all saw in the playoffs how the offense dried up when the first line wasn't scoring.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If no moves are made, I'd go with Heinen with Marchand/Bergeron. Bjork to the AHL (unless he crushes TC/PS), and Donato to LW with either one of JFK/Frederic/Studnicka making the team as 3LC or Kuraly starting there. There is the TDL. If Boston is in it, and needs an upgrade at center (assuming Kuraly doesn't work, or one of the kids don't). Just a few examples below:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Heinen
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Donato -- JFK/TF/JS -- Backes
Kuraly -- Wagner -- Acciari
Nordstrom

Wagner/Kuraly could switch, but I think that as of right now, Wagner has the edge here because of a better FOW% and Kuraly's speed on the wing would be a weapon.

OR

Donato -- Kuraly -- Backes
Nordstrom -- Wagner -- Acciari
Blidh

Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If no moves are made, I'd go with Heinen with Marchand/Bergeron. Bjork to the AHL (unless he crushes TC/PS), and Donato to LW with either one of JFK/Frederic/Studnicka making the team as 3LC or Kuraly starting there. There is the TDL. If Boston is in it, and needs an upgrade at center (assuming Kuraly doesn't work, or one of the kids don't). Just a few examples below:

Donato -- JFK/TF/JS -- Backes
Kuraly -- Wagner -- Acciari
Nordstrom

Wagner/Kuraly could switch, but I think that as of right now, Wagner has the edge here because of a better FOW% and Kuraly's speed on the wing would be a weapon.

OR

Donato -- Kuraly -- Backes
Nordstrom -- Wagner -- Acciari
Blidh
I can agree with this

My hot yoga instructor (and I mean so hot when she tells you to close your eyes and meditate it’s depressing) likes to say life is balance and be flexible- applies perfectly to the forward lineup

This is how I go about the top 6 which is what you did

You drop Pastrnak to second line where he has played with and has chemistry and bond with a Krejci. Pastrnak & DeBrusk seem to have a bromance so on the face of it seems logical.

Cassidy loves to tinker and is quick to switch lines up. Cassidy knowing at any moment he can put Pastrnak with 63 & 37 and create a super line.

Heinen comes across completely adaptable and could play up or down, right or left.

It’s a very good top 6

From there it’s like my refrigerator

All sorts of stuff in there - lot of healthy stuff lot of things would have kids bouncing off the wall

Kuraly- best suited center 4th line
Backes- third line
Wagner - C/RW 4th line
Acciari- see above
Donato- third line LW
Bjork- either wing either line
Fitzgerald- 4th line LW wild card
Cehlarik- either wing I like him a lot getting no love but he’s got nhl skills
Nordström- 4th line LW
JFK - third line candidate/ camp huge

The breakdown

Lines 1 & 2 very strong only health stops then surely not Zaitsev, Gardiner, and Hainsey

Lines 3 & 4 is ‘half & half’ half are know and half we need games to make realistic assessments

Overall - with Heath: very good B+

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But there are more than enough exclamation points!!!!!
Now that I think I know who Gerry Long is I realize I was being trolled. Pretty funny actually

Even that man behind the curtain can figure out the 8 Leafs known contracts 2019-20 + Nylander Matthews & Marner is going to put then in excess of $67 M needing 11-12 more guys

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Now that I think I know who Gerry Long is I realize I was being trolled. Pretty funny actually

Even that man behind the curtain can figure out the 8 Leafs known contracts 2019-20 + Nylander Matthews & Marner is going to put then in excess of $67 M needing 11-12 more guys

I figured it was a sock puppet last night. It was fun to read though

!!!!! :laugh:

Reactions: DKH

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think this is my preferred forward line-up to start the year:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Donato-Heinen-Backes
Wagner-Kuralt-Acciari

I'm not expecting it, as the Bruins have given no indication that they will put Heinen at center, but this keeps all your best young forwards in top 9 roles. My only concern with Heinen at center is face-offs. He hasn't had a lot of experience with them at the NHL level. Maybe you have Backes take them? Cassidy clearly doesn't think Backes can play center anymore, but he's still solid at the dot.

I think you've also got to break up the current first line to provide more scoring depth. We all saw in the playoffs how the offense dried up when the first line wasn't scoring.
Hopefully Bjork and Donato are ready to make a contribution . I like that lineup , it’s nowhere near as flashy as Toronto or Tampa Bay but with a full year of seasoning for Bjork and Donato come playoff time the Bruins could make it interesting.

Reactions: Ratty

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know a lot of people are thinking about what McAvoy will cost after this season, but Heinen is a guy that could make things interesting. If he goes on to have a similar season in production, he could be looking at $3 to $4 million a season. Mantha just signed for $3.3, Domi $3.125, Rakell is in his 3rd year at $3.8. I mean what's the going rate for a roughly 50pt winger that is good in all 3-zones?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I know a lot of people are thinking about what McAvoy will cost after this season, but Heinen is a guy that could make things interesting. If he goes on to have a similar season in production, he could be looking at $3 to $4 million a season. Mantha just signed for $3.3, Domi $3.125, Rakell is in his 3rd year at $3.8. I mean what's the going rate for a roughly 50pt winger that is good in all 3-zones?
They all will be interesting to see. Hopefully they can get a big contract off the books in the future to give the kids that money. I’m sure they are way ahead of us in their projections.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They all will be interesting to see. Hopefully they can get a big contract off the books in the future to give the kids that money. I’m sure they are way ahead of us in their projections.

I would imagine they are numerous years ahead of us with their projections, its what they are paid to do lol.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Danton Heinen prepping for shot on Bruins' top line with...

No doubt Cassidy has plenty of internal candidates that could play with Marchand and Bergeron if Pastrnak is reunited with David Krejci on the second line. If that’s the case, look for Danton Heinen to be given an opportunity on the top line. In fact, he’s been preparing for such a scenario, the 23-year-old told The Athletic Thursday at one of the first captain’s practices of the new season, held at Warrior Ice Arena.

The left-shot winger has the versatility to play both sides, but he made it a point this offseason to focus on the right with certain drills. After a month off the ice, Heinen began skating in mid-June with the mindset of a right winger.

“I’m always working on taking pucks off the walls on the right side, or receiving hard breakout passes on your backhand, making plays with it and getting up ice,” Heinen explained. “You’re always working on those things no matter what side you’re on.”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Reminds me so much of Donny Marcotte - probably sees offensive game better and hard pressed to have that defensive game but there are many of the 8 slices of the pie that lineup with these two.

Side note - just offered Glorydaze in the SIM Timothy Liljegren for Danton Heinen. Does he do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad