Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Basically the bruins have a bunch of young 40-50 point guys with tons of inexperience

But, all of them got a big injection of experience

I wouldn’t be surprised to see both DeBrusk and Heinen to score 60 points this year and stay in the line up

Bjork is the guy I’m hoping turns it around quick though, I think he has the chance to be the most creative and electric offensively of those three

Don’t don’t forget about Donato. Been awhile since Boston had a young guy come in and score goals like that. Even pasta struggled a bit more (not by a ton) but Donato seemed to be on another level

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Basically the bruins have a bunch of young 40-50 point guys with tons of inexperience

I wouldn’t be surprised to see both DeBrusk and Heinen to score 60 points this year and stay in the line up

Bjork is the guy I’m hoping turns it around quick though, I think he has the chance to be the most creative and electric offensively of those three

Don’t don’t forget about Donato. Been awhile since Boston had a young guy come in and score goals like that. Even pasta struggled a bit more (not by a ton) but Donato seemed to be on another level

I think Donato is a real X-factor here next year. He stepped into the NHL with no pro experience and put up 0.75 pts. a game. And he didn't do this in October but the last few weeks of the regular season. Sure he's not a complete product, and he's not Bergeron without the puck.

But I can easily see him being a big time contributor here next year.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

The playoffs were a great lesson to the young guns. Losing sometimes is a blessing.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
People may not like to hear this but , I think as the team stands right now.

This is our third line:

Heinen , Kuraly, Backes
I agree but that's preparing for the worst. I believe the front office and everyone else is hoping a kid can steal that spot. I had been hoping a center would linger on FA but I don't believe any remaining FA center meets the criteria.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

In terms of Heinen and points. It really does depend on what line he ends up on. If he ends up on the 3rd line with something like Backe's and Kuraly, then he will struggle to get more than 40 points.

If you put him on the first like with Marchand, and Bergeron, then we better sign him before the season starts, because he'll put up 70+ points

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
That as a third line is only bad in the sense of offense - defensively I have no problem with that line whatsoever. They'd be solid.

Kuraly is a fourth liner for a reason though. His offensive abilities just aren't there. At least, not yet anyway. I'd still be interested in Heinen giving that spot a shot - assuming his lack of skating speed isn't set against him from the start.

Way I see it, if Kevan Miller can improve in that department, then there is NO reason Heinen can't do it either

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think its funny that some fans scream for young talent and then when we get it, we want to trade it for older (more well known) talent. Heinen is a perfect example of this. The kid played a solid 3-zone game last year, put up nearly 50 points and people (some) want to trade him in a package for a "better" winger.

Right now Henien gives you a guy that can play up and down the line-up on either side and you don't have to worry about him hurting you defensively. He's not a flashy player, but he gets the job done by doing the little things in the game. I mean is it unrealistic to think that Heinen could go from a 16/31 guys to a 20/40 guy? Who wouldn't take a 60pt 22yr old forward whose a 3-zone player?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Love Heinen, i think Bjork will surprise this year. When he was healthy i loved his game !

Do you think Heinen gets a shot at 3rd line center center ?

Marchand-bergy- Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Donato-Heinen-Backes

I hope they at least try out that top 9

Can Heinen play centre? I believe Donato played more centre in College than Heinen.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Love Heinen, i think Bjork will surprise this year. When he was healthy i loved his game !

Marchand-bergy- Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Donato-Heinen-Backes

As it stands today, I sure hope this is how they're looking at things.

Any combo that has Kuraly on the third and/or Nordstrom in the top twelve is an incomplete grade.

Reactions: Estlin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Can Heinen play centre? I believe Donato played more centre in College than Heinen.

Between the two I'd think Heinen would be better suited to play center. My concern is that Boston has never really shown a want for him to play center. He's taken only 13 face-offs in his 85 game NHL career. I'd have to think that if Boston felt like he could be a centerman then he'd have taken more face-off's last year.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Marchand-bergy- Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Donato-Heinen-Backes

My top nine as it stands today.Not saying it is what I want, but what i think it will Be.

Marchand Bergeron Bjork
DeBrusk Krejci Pastrnak
Heinen Kuraly Backes

I think Danato will start the season in The A but be the first call up

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Between the two I'd think Heinen would be better suited to play center. My concern is that Boston has never really shown a want for him to play center. He's taken only 13 face-offs in his 85 game NHL career. I'd have to think that if Boston felt like he could be a centerman then he'd have taken more face-off's last year.

I believe he has the skills to play C, but you are correct, up to this point, the B's appear to be only comfortable with him at wing.

I'm not sure I really understand what their criteria is for center at this point? Backes is not the fastest skater, but neither was Riley Nash. Both Heinen and Backes are defensively responsible enough to play C, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

If the B's would just slot Backes in that 3C spot this year, it would solve a lot of issues in my opinion.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I believe he has the skills to play C, but you are correct, up to this point, the B's appear to be only comfortable with him at wing.

I'm not sure I really understand what their criteria is for center at this point? Backes is not the fastest skater, but neither was Riley Nash. Both Heinen and Backes are defensively responsible enough to play C, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

If the B's would just slot Backes in that 3C spot this year, it would solve a lot of issues in my opinion.

Its a valid question that I certainly couldn't explain or even begin to think I know lol. All the talk when Backes was signed was to be a center and I'm curious why that never happened like many thought.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Marchand-bergy- Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Donato-Backes-Heinen

I would like to see this, or perhaps keep the same personnel, but switch Pasta and Bjork and Heinen and Backes?

Reactions: Estlin

Gerry Long

Jun 30, 2018
Leafs top three lines.. We have to get better folks!!

Marleau Mathews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Brown Kadri Kapanen

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Leafs top three lines.. We have to get better folks!!

Marleau Mathews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Brown Kadri Kapanen

This the combo I saw proposed by Leafs homer Mirtle. Babcock also said that Marner will be with JT (pretty much guaranteeing he asks for $8-9m next year lol):

Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Brown/Kapanen

That's pretty stout, but their F lines were really good last year with JVR and Bozak. It was the D that was the issue (and Andersen didn't look like a top goalie either in the playoffs).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve run into Jaffee and I asked him about Kyle Connor a few years ago before he had any success hoping he’d say he’s a stiff :laugh:

Nope

He pretty much nailed it - how good he was going to be.

Well he was as excited when describing Ryan Donato

I think he, Heinen and Bjork have big years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad