Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
So, trade Heinen (the kid who has done it already) and bank on Bjork, Cehlarik and players that haven’t been able to stay healthy?

Sounds like a recipe for success.

What exactly are the B’s trading Heinen for again? Just because? If this year shows you anything, it’s that teams need depth and four effective lines. Until all of these “promising” young wings pan out, I’m not moving proven young players.
It's pretty clear that Bjork's misfortune created Heinen's opportunity. And he made the best of it.

All I'm saying is that we have an abundance of NHL ready wingers, a nice problem. As to whom he should be traded, well, there are other positions that need to be shored up. Chara has one year more on his deal and needs to be replaced. Including Dan with others to bring in a proven young LHD would strengthen the roster.

I look at DeBrusk, Donato and Bjork as favorites to score slots on the wing next season which leaves an opportunity to trade for a needed commodity.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's pretty clear that Bjork's misfortune created Heinen's opportunity. And he made the best of it.

All I'm saying is that we have an abundance of NHL ready wingers, a nice problem. As to whom he should be traded, well, there are other positions that need to be shored up. Chara has one year more on his deal and needs to be replaced. Including Dan with others to bring in a proven young LHD would strengthen the roster.

I look at DeBrusk, Donato and Bjork as favorites to score slots on the wing next season which leaves an opportunity to trade for a needed commodity.

And I look for Donato and Bjork to prove it next season, something Heinen (and DeBrusk) have already done.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So, trade Heinen (the kid who has done it already) and bank on Bjork, Cehlarik and players that haven’t been able to stay healthy?

Sounds like a recipe for success.

What exactly are the B’s trading Heinen for again? Just because? If this year shows you anything, it’s that teams need depth and four effective lines. Until all of these “promising” young wings pan out, I’m not moving proven young players.

I agree with you on Heinen. I don't get why people are so willing to deal a young player who thrived in all 3 zones and was very strong along the boards. Yes he was the scapegoat for the 3rd line in the end, but come on Riley was far worse, and really Backes was beyond awful, Heinen was just an easy target.

Look, if moving Heinen with another piece gets you Hanifin, I probably move him. But I don't move him just to make room for Bjork. I don't move him for some mediocre middle 4 defenseman.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’ve changed my tone
3rd line
Heinen-Krejci-Backes

I just think Heinen oozes 3rd line reliability and probably shouldn’t be counted on to produce all of the time.

Then a 2nd line of young stars focused on offensive production.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

What misfortune did Bjork have? Or are you using misfortune to describe his failure to deliver on a golden opportunity.

Bjork was basically handed a winning lottery ticket, he came to the Bruins, and was given opportunities on both the first line with Bergy and Marchand, and on the second line with DeBrusk and Krejci. And he was ok, but not good enough to earn a spot longterm, and then ultimately sent down

Heinen on the other hand had to fight for everything he got, First getting sent down, then when given a chance finally getting brought up for the 4th line, and he thrived regardless of where he played he made his linemates better

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Injuries created Heinens opportunity. He played in the bottom 6 most of the year. Bjork had nothing to do with Heinen getting a shot and succeeding.

It is a nice problem to have. I think referring to Heinen as “trade fodder” was an ignorant way to go about saying this.

Can I ask what Bjork did this season that has earned him a scoring spot over Heinen?

Heinen = 47P/77G = 0.61 PPG
Bjork = 12P/30G = 0.40 PPG

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What misfortune did Bjork have? Or are you using misfortune to describe his failure to deliver on a golden opportunity.

Bjork was basically handed a winning lottery ticket, he came to the Bruins, and was given opportunities on both the first line with Bergy and Marchand, and on the second line with DeBrusk and Krejci. And he was ok, but not good enough to earn a spot longterm, and then ultimately sent down

Heinen on the other hand had to fight for everything he got, First getting sent down, then when given a chance finally getting brought up for the 4th line, and he thrived regardless of where he played he made his linemates better

Bjork got hurt. He wasn’t sent down because of poor play. Then he got hurt again on his 2nd recall.

Reactions: Estlin

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

You forgot to mention Heinen played a little last year and was sent down. He never came back.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Injuries created Heinens opportunity. He played in the bottom 6 most of the year. Bjork had nothing to do with Heinen getting a shot and succeeding.

It is a nice problem to have. I think referring to Heinen as “trade fodder” was an ignorant way to go about saying this.

Can I ask what Bjork did this season that has earned him a scoring spot over Heinen?

Heinen = 47P/77G = 0.61 PPG
Bjork = 12P/30G = 0.40 PPG
Using that terminology was inappropriate. I was distracted and should have amplified my thought.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I have often wondered about this over the course of the year. Bill Ladd also pointed out the fact that DeBrusk and Bjork were pretty much handed spots in the Top 6 from the start of camp while Heinen, Czarnik, and others were given Bottom 3 linemates all during camp.

I would be interested in knowing what the mindset was there.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bjork got hurt. He wasn’t sent down because of poor play. Then he got hurt again on his 2nd recall.

I guy put up 12 points in 30 games while primarily playing on the first 2 lines. The other guy put 47 points in 77 games while primarily playing 3rd and 4th line mostly. Heinen had to fight for and earn every second of ice time he got, and was handed nothing

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I believe he got hurt, then got sent down because the team was playing so well, then got hurt trying to earn his NHL spot back.

Bjork wasn't the same player when he came back from the concussion. He was much more tentative in his play. Maybe he was sent down because the team was playing so well, but Bjork himself wasn't playing well when he was sent down.

Reactions: Estlin

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Is Heinen going to be 3C next year with Riley Nash gone, or will he take the #2RW spot beside Krejci?

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’m convinced that Heinen can fill the 3rd line C spot...

But I’m not sure Don Sweeney agrees with me? We will need to do lunch and discuss :laugh:
I agree 100% that Heinen can fill the void if need be. So if you need a second for that lunch I’m available. ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I asked a long time full time NHL and college scout- and if Wally want the name in private I’ll be glad to provide - which of these kids is his favorite

Danton Heinen

He said he does everything well and will only get better as he’s a quiet kid

BUT he ADDED

As he’s getting more acclimated you will see him take more chances

I asked if he thought he could play center ?

Answer - no doubt. Perfect Bruins

Perfect Bruins

Me and Glorydaze will sit the Heinen Trade talk out

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I asked a long time full time NHL and college scout- and if Wally want the name in private I’ll be glad to provide - which of these kids is his favorite

Danton Heinen

He said he does everything well and will only get better as he’s a quiet kid

BUT he ADDED

As he’s getting more acclimated you will see him take more chances

I asked if he thought he could play center ?

Answer - no doubt. Perfect Bruins

Perfect Bruins

Me and Glorydaze will sit the Heinen Trade talk out
is there room on board for this Heinen fan boy to join you on the sidelines?

Reactions: HustleB

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
How often do guys who can play so strongly in all three zones in their first full year - as well as being able to play center and BOTH wings possibly - grow on trees??

Talk about versatility AND ability. I was 'meh' on this kid until I started watching him this year. He good. I think he's only going to get better from here

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Is Heinen going to be 3C next year with Riley Nash gone, or will he take the #2RW spot beside Krejci?

People may not like to hear this but , I think as the team stands right now.

This is our third line:

Heinen , Kuraly, Backes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad